Solar panel not extending

LemonCrab

Not 100% sure, but that panel also has the message Status: Blocked.  I suspect that a nearby object is is preventing the panel from opening, perhaps one of the gold fuel tanks.

1 hour ago, 18Watt said:

Not 100% sure, but that panel also has the message Status: Blocked.  I suspect that a nearby object is is preventing the panel from opening, perhaps one of the gold fuel tanks.

Yeah, I saw that after I made this post. I checked and found that the gold fuel tank is symmetrical on both sides, and the solar panel on the other side opens.

Edit: It seems that after I reloaded the save, the solar panel now retracts! Thank you for giving me some ideas to find the source of the problem.

Edited by LemonCrab
found something that fixes the problem

Not sure how much time you have for testing, but here's what I would do next:

Launch an identical craft, except without the gold tanks.  See if the solar panel deploys.  If not, maybe start removing additional stuff.

One (possibly similar) problem I've encountered is when trying to 'EVA' a Kerbal from the 'Lawn-Chair' seats (EAS-1?).  If any items are even remotely close to the lawn-chair seat, the Kerbal will not get out of the seat, game says it's blocked.

My point is I suspect the ability of things to block access to other things is a little out-of-whack in KSP2, and wondering if that is what is going on in your case.  If so, that is still a bug, and needs to be reported.  In my opinion.

Finally, I see you are kinda new to the KSP forums, so if someone else hasn't said it already, Welcome to the KSP Forums @LemonCrab!

@LemonCrab, not sure if or how much you've played KSP1.  It's possible, even likely that some of the functions of a ship won't work correctly, even on very simple ships.  So I recommend doing as much testing as possible on the launchpad, or maybe in orbit.

Of particular concern is the ability of Kerbals to exit (EVA from) capsules, and then get back into them.  That was also a problem in KSP1.  There have been countless players who took a fantastic mission to Laythe, only to discover that the capsule exit was blocked and the Kerbals couldn't get out.  Or, possibly even worse, they could get out, but not get back in.

However, with that said, I do believe that what you described above is indeed a bug.  Another term for 'bug' is 'unintended behavior', which I believe is what is going on.

Good luck!

I used to have this issue

The panel is inside the cargo bay for my case. The cargo bay door blocked the solar panel

But if you hit the extract button while the cargo bay door not fully opened, it would end up with blocked status and no longer working even the bay door full opened.

So the status was stucked and you need save it, reload and the status reset while reloading.

2 hours ago, domendemo said:

I used to have this issue

The panel is inside the cargo bay for my case. The cargo bay door blocked the solar panel

But if you hit the extract button while the cargo bay door not fully opened, it would end up with blocked status and no longer working even the bay door full opened.

So the status was stucked and you need save it, reload and the status reset while reloading.

yup, thanks reloading the save fixed it.