Kethane Pack 0.9.2 - New cinematic trailer! - 1.0 compatibility update

Majiir

For some reason when i try to scan with any kethane scanner it says insufficient power even though i have 7k stored and 3 gigantor arrays working? I tried it on kerbin, the mun and even outer space! Please help me :confused:

Does anyone else want to also see the old 2D map? I miss its retro orbit tracks.

Yes definitely!! Old way actually posed a slight challenge for landing in the right place, this is way too easy. That's a pity that its not going to be an option.

Also I'm really not keen on how it changes the appearance of Kerbin in the start up screen;

a2nJomZl.jpg

tbh I thought the game was broken at first, took me a while to realise what it was. Is there a way to turn it off in the start up screens?

Don't get me wrong, this is (and has always been) a great mod. The new parts are great, just not sold on the map display or having access to K-data on all craft regardless of having K-parts.

Yes definitely!! Old way actually posed a slight challenge for landing in the right place, this is way too easy. That's a pity that its not going to be an option.

Something shouldn't be hard to do because the interface is bad, it should be hard to do because the action itself is a challenge.

tbh I thought the game was broken at first, took me a while to realise what it was. Is there a way to turn it off in the start up screens?

Please search the thread before asking questions. This particular one has been answered over and over again. There's a "search thread" button in the upper right of the page. Go to the Kethane folder, open settings.cfg and add the line ShowInMenu = False.

Something shouldn't be hard to do because the interface is bad, it should be hard to do because the action itself is a challenge.

I didn't think the interface was particularly bad, but it didn't just hand it to you on a plate (which I liked). It meant you had to read the lon/lat values from the 'map' and then work out where on the planet those co-ordinates where, which I found more of a challenge than just being shown straight on the planet (and it taught you a thing or two about reading lon/lat values!). It felt more like really having to interpret data from a probe rather than been given an kinda augmented reality overlay. The action itself (landing on a given spot) isn't a challenge so it was nice to be made to work for it a bit.

Please search the thread before asking questions. This particular one has been answered over and over again. There's a "search thread" button in the upper right of the page. Go to the Kethane folder, open settings.cfg and add the line ShowInMenu = False.

Sorry for asking again, I'd looked in the FAQ in the Wiki but I'd not searched the thread, thank you for the answer.

Anyone else notice that minmus sometimes jumps back in it's rotation and orbit?? It's about an eighth of it's rotation.....

Never been to minmus before, just wondering if it's a bug with the temp scaledform fix....

(I'm scanning at 1000x)

Edit: Hmm, okay seems i was wrong, Minmus seems to be randomly speeding up for a moment then rubberbanding back to it's proper position, anyone else noticed this behavior??

Edited by Railgunner2160

Anyone else notice that minmus sometimes jumps back in it's rotation and orbit?? It's about an eighth of it's rotation.....

Never been to minmus before, just wondering if it's a bug with the temp scaledform fix....

(I'm scanning at 1000x)

Edit: Hmm, okay seems i was wrong, Minmus seems to be randomly speeding up for a moment then rubberbanding back to it's proper position, anyone else noticed this behavior??

Kinda sounds like what happens when you use time warp shortly after using HyperEdit. This is the only time I have EVER seen this in KSP with anything.

I do have hyperedit, but I didn't use it. The only thing I've used is OrbitalConstruction Redux to build my kethane miner.......

OC uses the same method to launch as HyperEdit does. Have you tried reloading the craft(as in go to Tracking Station, then back to craft)?

Absolutely the same problem. The Kethane mod worked fine for some time - then this started.

I've been hunting this bug since sunday. I can confirm it is not a kethane issue it appears to be MechJeb 2.0.9. dev build #72

Edited by Orphican
narrowed it down

Majiir, I'm just wanting to confirm my reading of the license here.

I'm wanting to redistribute Kethane Plugin with custom configs to completely remove the Kethane resource and include other resources. My reading of your license is that this is allowed as long I do not use any of your parts, (models, textures, and cfgs)

Majiir, I'm just wanting to confirm my reading of the license here. I'm wanting to redistribute Kethane Plugin with custom configs to completely remove the Kethane resource and include other resources. My reading of your license is that this is allowed as long I do not use any of your parts, (models, textures, and cfgs)
YOU MAY NOT: Distribute unmodified versions of Kethane, in part or whole.

That includes the plugin.

Hi, folks. I tried doing a search for this, but I cannot find an answer.

Whenever I start the game, the overlay is visible in the main menu. When I actually load my save, and try to load one of my already orbiting scanners up, it doesn't show the overlay nor the menu to turn it on. The same is true if I create a new scanner probe and launch it into orbit. I'm using the correct version so I'm not sure what the problem is. Any help on this would be greatly, greatly appreciated. Thanks.

EDIT: Nevermind, problem solved. Realized that the overlay doesn't appear on the main flight screen, just the map screen. Boy, do I feel dumb :)

Edited by theballer_04

Hi, folks. I tried doing a search for this, but I cannot find an answer.

Whenever I start the game, the overlay is visible in the main menu. When I actually load my save, and try to load one of my already orbiting scanners up, it doesn't show the overlay nor the menu to turn it on. The same is true if I create a new scanner probe and launch it into orbit. I'm using the correct version so I'm not sure what the problem is. Any help on this would be greatly, greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Scratch that guys, I'm an idiot. For whatever reason, I assumed it would show the overlay on the main flight screen in addition to the map screen. I got it figured out now :)

Hi! First thanks for this mod it looks awesome(looks cause I can't use it yet).

Everytime I install a scanner on a vessel or a satellite then go to launch screen,I instead go straight to space and the only thing I can do is go back to space center.When there,I can't click on anything at all.

I'm on .21,and I've reinstalled the mod a couple of times,I'm sure it's installed right,and I've searched this thread found someone had same issue about a month ago and people said to delete kethane.cfg in my save game file which I also did.

NOTHING works :( Can't wait to go mine. Thanks for your help :)

Hi! First thanks for this mod it looks awesome(looks cause I can't use it yet).

Everytime I install a scanner on a vessel or a satellite then go to launch screen,I instead go straight to space and the only thing I can do is go back to space center.When there,I can't click on anything at all.

I'm on .21,and I've reinstalled the mod a couple of times,I'm sure it's installed right,and I've searched this thread found someone had same issue about a month ago and people said to delete kethane.cfg in my save game file which I also did.

NOTHING works :( Can't wait to go mine. Thanks for your help :)

You installed the mod incorrectly. I had that problem because I was on a little KSP Hiatus and was unaware that the mod installation process was changed. What you need to do is take the "Kethane" folder from the zipped file and add it to your GameData folder.

It'll look like this.

Jmh8OKJ.jpg

i'm making a whole new orbiting refueling system with the new update. with the relatively recent changes to kethane density, which is now more efficient?

refine kethane on the surface and then haul the refined fuels to a refined fuel tank station?

haul unrefined kethane to a kethane tank station where it will be refined in orbit?

I've tried using the search function to answer this question, but nothing seems to come up...

thanks!

i'm making a whole new orbiting refueling system with the new update. with the relatively recent changes to kethane density, which is now more efficient?

refine kethane on the surface and then haul the refined fuels to a refined fuel tank station?

haul unrefined kethane to a kethane tank station where it will be refined in orbit?

I've tried using the search function to answer this question, but nothing seems to come up...

thanks!

It's about the same, which is to say that hauling unrefined fuel is probably slightly more efficient as you don't need to haul along a converter.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.