Show off your awesome KSP pictures!

NuclearWarfare

Today, I circumnavigated Kerbin in less than an hour of real time. I also found what may be a very good base for an SSTO, though I'm not sure if it would be able to lift the heavy fuel and engines, as this one was designed as a super light plane to exploit the "KISS" concept. The AX-5 Circum 'Gator is a single-engine SSTaO (Single Stage To almost Orbit) that is well able to circumnavigate Kerbin. You can get anywhere you want on Kerbin and likely land and return, though this has not been tested, as most of the flight was spent at orbital velocity with the engine shut down, but not entirely out of the atmosphere. Yeah. That high.

Seriously, if I had had rockets on this baby, all it would have taken would have been a little puff of the boosters and I'd've been ready to rendezvous with my station in LKO.

The Kerbal who accompanied me on this flight was Rayfry Kerman, who may be Jeb's brother. He laughed the entire way, even when the plane was on fire.

One of the more interesting shots:

FJxb6d4.jpg

I'm going up, by the way. Not down. Those are actually "leaving" flames.

At one point, I had the game actually automatically switch over to "Orbit" speed:

YOL3TQg.png

Here's the plane at apoapsis (It didn't go one meter higher, this was the apoapsis for the first orbital coasting period, there were two orbital coasting periods.) This is basically what about 70% of the flight was.

DUmsUeH.png

The original apoapsis, before being affected by air resistance...

VwUNYMZ.jpg

Rayfry stands in front of the AX-5 Circum 'Gator, as the first Kerbal to get to orbital speeds within the atmosphere, and also the first Kerbal to successfully circumnavigate Kerbin entirely within the atmosphere, and also also the first Kerbal to ever perform a successful runway landing. (Seriously, every landing I've ever done before this has been way off target or ended in flames and death.)

URmVVUU.jpg

The mission log for anyone interested:

ANY2YYY.jpg

Remember, this was 100% jet powered and 100% stock.

Edited by M5000

screenshot417.png

My (more-or-less) completed Aurora Station in semi-Kerbosynchronous orbit after a week or so of assembly. Two expeditions aboard via Soyuz TMAs, plus one Progress TM (to refuel the upcoming shuttle), and the visiting Buran, having delivered the shuttle docking module using the manipulator arm (without shaking the shuttle to pieces).

Munar Orbital Science Station prepares to brake into low Munar orbit (50km). It still has the original propulsion unit that doubles as a gas can. It is meant to serve the growing Mun Base below. This will be the departure/return point for Kerbin-Mun shuttles and Munar surface shuttles. Currently has a crew of 2 onboard.

Zodldv9.png

Retroburn:

89pxIK3.jpg

On orbit above Mun. I think it kind of looks like a dragonfly.

WFCJIRW.jpg

With the first Kerbin-Mun shuttle docked:

5L1bGjM.jpg

The Slipstream (w/ slight Firespitter)

This is my most succesful plane yet, and has spawned many new variations:

OLtV2zm.png

Here, using a bit of airhogging (8 intakes), it manages to fly on its jet at 35,000+ altitudes (albiet at low thrust).

The single jet makes it unseceptable to flameout spirals (a crucial feature).

On the side are a pair of Firespitter VTOL engines, only usable at low altuitude.

It also uses Firespitter fuel tanks.

Due to its massive lift, light weight, and superficial amount of intakes, it can gain a 125km by 35km orbit.

2iLubVN.png

As a bonus, it's high T/W causes it to combust vigourously during ascent.

OmCePA4.png

(Looking at window: )

WySeC44.png

Adding a small amount of RCS makes it a VTOL, lightweight, single engine SSTO.

To make it even better, if you move the fuel around a bit, it can still land VTOL style at low fuel levels.

I <3 my Slipstream

So here's an odd thing. I was looking at designs for my Fuel Depot, making sure the strut guns would attach properly once I got the tanks into orbit. I hit the launch button with a test structure, when this happened.

screenshot46_zpsd8a223b1.png

Here's a better angle. It appears to be the IVA generated for the pod I'm using, but generated outside.

screenshot47_zps4912ee63.png

From the back.

screenshot48_zpseff74db6.png

I... I don't even...

screenshot49_zps9f4cbffa.png

So here's an odd thing. I was looking at designs for my Fuel Depot, making sure the strut guns would attach properly once I got the tanks into orbit. I hit the launch button with a test structure, when this happened.

screenshot46_zpsd8a223b1.png

Here's a better angle. It appears to be the IVA generated for the pod I'm using, but generated outside.

screenshot47_zps4912ee63.png

From the back.

screenshot48_zpseff74db6.png

I... I don't even...

screenshot49_zps9f4cbffa.png

I've had this happen a lot lately to me, and it seems to correlate with the use of Crew Manifest for me, however I don't see that you have that installed.

I've had this happen a lot lately to me, and it seems to correlate with the use of Crew Manifest for me, however I don't see that you have that installed.

I did just install KSPX and the latest of the B9 Aerospace pack. The cockpit in this one is a KSPX one so that may be the issue.

Long range manned probe on its first test run. Dudbur is the only one aboard, but after arriving at Jool he began talking about his eleven other crew mates. The flight surgeon is becoming concerned.

MUkT1k6.jpg

4jIWDFK.jpg