[AAR] The Grand Tour - Voyage To The Planets

czokletmuss

What if they all just sat in the same room and refused to do anything? BERTY couldn't pull a trick to kill them because then there would be no Kerbals to conduct the mission. Unless Rozer remains trapped in his room and he gets out and does everything on his own with BERTY...

hal 9000 moment
You know your mission is screwed when your navigational computer starts directly quoting HAL 9000. (KAL?)
this is very quickly turning into 2001

hal

secret mission

what next monolith on vall!

Nah, it would be too obvious :P

I saw the coming doom at "Assuming direct control."

That's the whole fun about Chekvoh's guns and subverted Red Herrings - there are in plain sight since the beginning!

Maneuvering Jeb into that impossible position was a really clever bit of writing - well done, sir!

Thank you, though I'm sure Jeb would have different opinion about it :)

I knew it. I KNEW IT!

What's Jeb gonna say to the crew once they arrive?

The morale, his repute! GONE!

:dum dum dum:

What if they all just sat in the same room and refused to do anything? BERTY couldn't pull a trick to kill them because then there would be no Kerbals to conduct the mission. Unless Rozer remains trapped in his room and he gets out and does everything on his own with BERTY...

And that's the point - because they are kept in the dark, they won't even start thinking about solutions to the problem which for them doesn't exist. BERTY is a smart boy :cool:

*sees chapter title*

Reaction = one of theses (snip)

Also, I want to see moar of the soviet spacecraft :P

Moar Soviet spacecraft will appear in The Space Race of course. :P

INTERESTING FACTS

1. Do you know why BERTY asked Jeb whether they are partners?

2. Do you know when Rozer was introduced into the series?

Speaking of which, I'm thinking about retconing "Jool of Kerbol system" a little bit.

Edited by czokletmuss

if berty said it was important for kerbalkind to do the mission to jool i think mission control are using the mission to see if laythe is capable to supporting kerbal life

maby kerbin is doomed and they need a new home planet!

maby kerbin is doomed and they need a new home planet!

:dum dum: !

Another great chpater in the seris. You should honestly publish this into a book. I would buy it.

Thanks. That's interesting idea - however, I don't think I could do this without formal agreement with Squad (I'm using their ideas - Kerbals, planets and so on - in the story). But actually I'll think about something like this :)

BBBBEEEEERRRRRRRRRTTTTTTTYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I knew all was much too well. Also no mission control for Jeb to blame. I foresee emotional conflicts arising.

onugfoT.jpg

Rozer..he was the Soyuz pilot who pulled most of the surviving crew off "Kadmos", right?

(A lowly Lieutenant at the time)

Yup.

Ooh, maybe we'll find out what how that derelict ship got there in The Space Race, instead of here...

Maybe :) But seriously, the series chronologically go as follows: The Space Race -> Jool of Kerbol system -> The Grand Tour -> ???

I noticed a funny thing today while checking the next chapter:

SX5wqeZ.jpg

I noticed a funny thing today while checking the next chapter:

SX5wqeZ.jpg

Not sure how far this bit of culture has traveled, but the second entry is also a clue as to what BERTY will do if upon arrival, the crew refuses to cooperate. Time to show the crew mind numbingly bad movies until they give up and cooperate :-)

Not sure how far this bit of culture has traveled, but the second entry is also a clue as to what BERTY will do if upon arrival, the crew refuses to cooperate. Time to show the crew mind numbingly bad movies until they give up and cooperate :-)

There truly isn't more terrifying experience than to witness this:

GothCard.jpg

:P

Lovely stuff, lovely. :)

Can't wait to see what the purpose of the mission is. I'm betting contact with Space Communists.

I'm also writing my own AAR, Ibo, A Mission To Duna (thanks, czokletmuss, for inspiring me to get off my lazy arse and type something up). Progress has been delayed by the fact that the save got corrupted. Somehow.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.