[AAR] The Grand Tour - Voyage To The Planets

czokletmuss

Actually, I am more excited for the next chapter than i am for .22, and I am a SCIENCE!!! lover. You are a wicked bastard Czo :P

That would be Rozer :P

And I'm afraid it will take some time before the next chapter.

EDIT:

Made my evening. Thanks czo, you are awesome. Also i wanna hit that smug bastard Rozer.
Myself as well

I'm glad you like it but remember - violence is not the solution! Or is it? :>

What sat mod is the laythe sat?

Hermes probe. Check out Lionhead Aerospace on spaceport.

I know I saw a list of mods used on the Proteus, but for the life of me cannot find the post again... Anyone know what page it was on?

IEb6TR4.jpg

again and again, great chapter.

btw... best Story EVER!!

I wish i could come up with a story even half this good... i'd make millions! ...of videos of crashing into a moon that is...

Edited by czokletmuss

So Bob knows what's up with the whole mission, er, well, he did know. That's convenient. So nobody knows what's going on?!?

Also, I sense another problem arising. "As long as we don't need to do an EVA we should be fine." Given the way mishaps crop up on this mission, someone's gonna get irradiated on EVA. I'm calling it now! :) (And is it bad I hope it's Rozer???)

thanks for re-posting that list czo, FusTek is the one I was looking for! And now to sit here patiently waiting for the next chapter... at least when I'm not at school...

No problem - just remember that these aren't all of them and some parts are from 0.18 (!).

Don't expect update tomorrow though - with the 0.22 release I guess Friday-Saturday is more probable day for a new chapter release :)

So Bob knows what's up with the whole mission, er, well, he did know. That's convenient. So nobody knows what's going on?!?

Also, I sense another problem arising. "As long as we don't need to do an EVA we should be fine." Given the way mishaps crop up on this mission, someone's gonna get irradiated on EVA. I'm calling it now! :) (And is it bad I hope it's Rozer???)

So many questions! But will they be answered? Is this another question? Why did I use another question as an answer for the previous question? WHAT'S GOING ON?

Edited by czokletmuss

oh yes! now that i have a career mode, a grand tour like yours is something to really work towards!

Indeed - imagine the amount of SCIENCE! gathered from the planets in such journey! However, until we have money and mods integration with tech tree, it's still too easy.

So now we have DRAMA! as well as SCIENCE! ? Maybe they should have a theater alongside the new research lab complex?

Sure they do! Imagine the tech tree: Angst -> Moral Dillemas -> Psychological Evaluation -> I Am Your Father -> Never Surrender

Research could be done be writing down your observations ("In this vast cold Universe we're the only sparks of intelligence.") or conclude experiments on the other crew members (stage a theft of somebody's personal item and blame the innocent one - muhaha!).

Anyways, the Career mode is pure gold - it's the first time since what, 13 months, when I'm playing pure vanilla (not even KSPX or Kerbal Alarm Clock) and I love it.

Here's Jeb's unauthorized Mun landing (he was supposed to do fly-by)

ozU9CHQ.png

And he should've listened, 'cause now he's stuck in space.

FgXe070.png

I was trying to push the rocket using his jetpack but it would take ages. So guess what now? Rescue mission! Damn, KSP is awesome :)

Tip: If you want lots of SCIENCE!, send a probe to Sun's orbit; remember to take a lot of batteries and solar panels though. I got 300-400 points in two missions :)

Don't worry though, the next chapter IS coming tomorrow.

Edited by czokletmuss

Indeed - imagine the amount of SCIENCE! gathered from the planets in such journey! However, until we have money and mods integration with tech tree, it's still too easy.

True, though I started playing right when .21 came out and I still have yet to pull off a successful Grand Tour... I always get stuck around Duna or Dres. Either I run out of fuel or my ship explodes spectacularly...

Hah! I've been playing since 0.18 and I haven't gotten around to a grand tour either. Been planning one using Kethane for months and months, but something else always popped up that I just HAD to do instead.

Been playing since 0.14.2, but now my computer broke :mad:

Still haven't gotten around to a successful mission to Jool.

Here's what I sent:

p3shny5.jpg

But it got stuck in a highly inclined, highly eccentric orbit. Been meaning to send a Z-Pinch Fusion drive stage out there to replace the NERVAs (SO PITIFULLY WEAK!), but I never got around to it before my computer broke (by broke I mean it crashes every time I try to run KSP). It's called the KSS Veronica Lissioncorse. Just so you know :)

Edited by Mr. Pseudonym

Yeah, Grand Tour with stock parts is very very hard. Originally I wanted to use resources system for this story (it was April and Squad was talking a lot about the implementation of it) but I guess it's good I sticked to kethane :)

I have to say that 0.22 is great. I was forced to play with stock parts and do everything manually, which is great. For instance, docking - normally I use MechJeb for it (trust me, docking LAMGML for the 3456 time to "Proteus" ain't fun) but hey, I still can do it. Even without RCS:

hFUSEgW.png

Rescue mission (Jeb was stuck on an elliptic orbit) was fun too:

WVfrPwv.png

But KSP doesn't give you enough feedback to plan really bold missions. That's why I'm installing Engineer Redux and Protractor :(

END OF OFFTOPIC - Next chapter is coming Soon. I would even say T-12h soon :)

I have to say that 0.22 is great. I was forced to play with stock parts and do everything manually, which is great. For instance, docking - normally I use MechJeb for it (trust me, docking LAMGML for the 3456 time to "Proteus" ain't fun) but hey, I still can do it. Even without RCS:

But KSP doesn't give you enough feedback to plan really bold missions. That's why I'm installing Engineer Redux and Protractor :(

END OF OFFTOPIC - Next chapter is coming Soon. I would even say T-12h soon :)

i totally agree with you CZO. i've reinstalled mechjeb to see how much dV my rockets have and i'll surely need protactor when it's time. but playing again with stock parts that you unlock one by one and doing all stuff manually is so great. feels like i'm discovering KSP again. :)

but yes, end of offtopic. can't wait for your next chapter!

I'm very sorry but due to a small emergency at home I didn't finish the next chapter. Tomorrow I'm on a conference, so expect new chapter on Sunday.

-snip-

I hope that whatever was the problem has been resolved by the time I post this, but if not I hope that it gets resolved soon so you don't have to deal with it as long. Side note nice pics

Don't. Question. My. DRAMA!

77569-tyrion-slapping-joffrey-gif-Im-hNyj.gif

On a serious note - 0.22 download is completed. See you later! :cool:

man, that guy is gonna hurt! That short guy never gets tired. He just keeps going and going and going...

i hope hope everything worked out well. Well, not for that guy. He rightfully deserves the beating. :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.