[1.0.4] (2015-07-04) Telemachus – Telemetry and Flight Control in the Web Browser

Rich

So how exactly do you put it into a tablet? do you simply put the address into its browser or is it more complicated?

Use step 5 of the User Guide to obtain the 192.162.xxx.xxx address of the computer running KSP. This is the address you need to put into your tablet.

Edit: also the g-force temperature and pressure don't work?

Do you have the necessary sensors on your craft?

Well it sounds like something is busted. I will add it to my TODO list, and fix it when I get back to my development machine sometime next week.

Thanks for the bug report :)

Hmm this might have something to do with it: when i do alt f2 to find the address nothing about Telemachus is shown? Mods i have just to let you know:

FAR

Some of kw rocketry

texture reducer (not sure if its working though...)

crew manifest

deadly reenty

disant object enhancement

FASA launch clamps

Firespitter

KAS

Procedural fairings

Mehcjeb2

NASA mission (obviously)

Real chute

Compartment service tube thing

Scansat

Stretchy tanks

select root

smoke screen (what ever that is... something to do with engine smoke for a mod...)

TAC life support

Part of tiberdyne shuttle

Universe replace for skybox

"velcro" (basically NASA logo stickers)

Module manager 1.5.7

Hey everyone. I've finally got around to polishing off the UI that I started work on at the beginning of this year and now I'm excited to let people try it out and give me some feedback. Here's a quick run down of working features:

- Draggable widgets that allow for a customizable UI. Here's 63 SAS Buttons.

- A huge variety of buttons, dials, screens, scales and controls. See all.

- A fun and bright UI that works well with Kerbal Space Program.

- Automatic saving of layouts (same device) and the ability to export/import them. Currently screens of the same resolution only.

- Common KSP Keyboard shortcuts for some modules (SAS, RCS, GEAR etc).

- Touch screen support for most buttons and controls. Due to this not being a native app, performance is limited depending on your device.

- Responsive UI to work on different screen sizes. Not currently optimized for phones, but fine on tablets and above.

You can find the current release at https://github.com/chrisnic/mkon. Please check you are using a supported browser (Chrome, Firefox, Safari), minimum resolution of 700x500 and if using a tablet, a reasonably speedy one. I have been testing on an iPad 4 and an Asus Transformer Prime for reference purposes. I will be posting a "how-to" breakdown in the next few days.

<snip>

Right now priority is performance and bug fixing however, so if you find something that doesn't seem to be working right, give me an idea of your browser/OS/device/resolution and i'll look into it.

That mod is amazing!

Small bugs I found (Win 7 64 bit, latest Firefox):

- The atmospheric density scale is way off. it reaches the left most edge (space) at around 22000m above ground.

- The warp display doesn't change at all. It doesn't toggle between physical / rails warp and I always seem to get the "1x" amount of green arrows, independent on the actual setting in game.

Also one observation... the fact that the 100% setting on the throttle display is on the left side is very counter-intuitive in my humble opinion. Wouldn't it make more sense on the right side?

Awesome mod! keep it going :)

That mod is amazing!

Small bugs I found (Win 7 64 bit, latest Firefox):

- The atmospheric density scale is way off. it reaches the left most edge (space) at around 22000m above ground.

- The warp display doesn't change at all. It doesn't toggle between physical / rails warp and I always seem to get the "1x" amount of green arrows, independent on the actual setting in game.

Also one observation... the fact that the 100% setting on the throttle display is on the left side is very counter-intuitive in my humble opinion. Wouldn't it make more sense on the right side?

Awesome mod! keep it going :)

Glad you like it and thanks for letting me know about these issues!

I can't remember exactly why I chose to have the throttle that way around, but now that you mention it you are totally right. It's probably due to the fact that when I was first replicating some of the UI features in illustrator, I copied the look of the navball throttle display to one side and the geforce meter the other way. The g-force scale isn't added (I don't think there is currently an API call) but it's drawn left to right. Funny that.

The time warp module isn't working as I couldn't get the t.timeWarp call to return a value yet. The atmospheric density bar is in a similar boat, although the call does work, it's just I used the wrong one. :P

Heh, the atmospheric density scale is non-essential anyways, just thought I'd mention it. Looking forward to future fixes :)

Question, the original Telemachus has the option to show readings from the sensors (temperature, pressure, ...) when installed... any plans to add those to the MKON GUI?

The g-force scale isn't added (I don't think there is currently an API call) but it's drawn left to right.

Try s.sensor.acc for the g-force, but it relies on a sensor being installed on the vessel and might have been broken by the ARM update.

The time warp module isn't working as I couldn't get the t.timeWarp call to return a value yet.

Currently the API can only be used to set the time warp value.

I am currently developing a little telemetry console (inspired by some dude making it with arduino i

started a similar project with c# on dotnet40.

My problem is I have DeadlyReentry installed.

It would be nice to query the values of resources added by mods, currently that does

not seem to work. Either I get a 500 or random data from Telemachus.

With random data I mean a value of any other resource that telemachus reads.

I got the current version.

Is there a way to get the values of the resource "AblativeShield" with the default telemachus?

edit:

Also: how can I get the current stage number?

Edited by eyecikjou567

Does anyone have 4 (or more) monitors and a tablet or two? We need an epic photo with ksp + telemachus + mkon + stand alone map view + NASA MCT (when it is done).

I have access to some rooms jammed with computers, so when these projects are further down the line I intend to use them.

I am currently developing a little telemetry console (inspired by some dude making it with arduino i

started a similar project with c# on dotnet40.

My problem is I have DeadlyReentry installed.

It would be nice to query the values of resources added by mods, currently that does

not seem to work. Either I get a 500 or random data from Telemachus.

With random data I mean a value of any other resource that telemachus reads.

I got the current version.

Is there a way to get the values of the resource "AblativeShield" with the default telemachus?

edit:

Also: how can I get the current stage number?

In theory the "AblativeShield" resource should just work, but I will check it out.

Yeah, DeadlyReentry info (Ablative Shield and temps) would be VERY useful Rich.

BTW Rich, did you ever get the camera code working?

Not yet, I am currently putting my free time in to this project.

I feel a bit lazy asking a question that must have been answered somewhere in this thread, but after all this time of searching, I was wondering if anything was solved on how to access the page through an android smartphone? the local address doesn't connect for me and the external address times out after five minutes or so, with no real loading.

I feel a bit lazy asking a question that must have been answered somewhere in this thread, but after all this time of searching, I was wondering if anything was solved on how to access the page through an android smartphone? the local address doesn't connect for me and the external address times out after five minutes or so, with no real loading.

I'm having the same issue on a Nook tablet, but I didn't do more than flip through a dozen pages and try a few thread searches, so I didn't want to seem like a moron for missing something obvious. However, the only relevant match I could find had to do with forwarding ports, which is unnecessary on the internal network. I mean, I have a Linux box serving up a web app for the kitchen without the need to forward anything, so it shouldn't be necessary here.... right? >_>

Even so, specifically forwarding Telemachus' port (8085) has resulted in no joy for me. Localhost works mostly fine (with a few weird camera focus glitches), but no other device seems able to connect. Interestingly, Chrome on the Nook gives me some error about a compression protocol being incompatible, but even requesting the desktop site won't allow it to proceed as expected.

I have no issues with my Android smartphone. Are you using chrome, or the stock browser? Can you connect from other devices using those IPs, or is it just your smartphone?

I'm having the same issue on a Nook tablet, but I didn't do more than flip through a dozen pages and try a few thread searches, so I didn't want to seem like a moron for missing something obvious. However, the only relevant match I could find had to do with forwarding ports, which is unnecessary on the internal network. I mean, I have a Linux box serving up a web app for the kitchen without the need to forward anything, so it shouldn't be necessary here.... right? >_>

Even so, specifically forwarding Telemachus' port (8085) has resulted in no joy for me. Localhost works mostly fine (with a few weird camera focus glitches), but no other device seems able to connect. Interestingly, Chrome on the Nook gives me some error about a compression protocol being incompatible, but even requesting the desktop site won't allow it to proceed as expected.

I have no issues with my Android smartphone. Are you using chrome, or the stock browser? Can you connect from other devices using those IPs, or is it just your smartphone?

Well I haven't bothered with port forwarding myself, and it works on the machine the game is running on... obviously... I don't have many other devices to test besides a ps3, and that seems rather redundant besides acting as a second screen for on board information.

As for my mobile browser, I did instal firefox recently, other than that I have tried the internal and external addresses on both the stock and firefox browsers. Any luck with Chrome?

Hi Rich, first of all congratulations for this awesome plugin!

I'm using the websocket API to connect Telemachus and some Ruby scripts. All works fine except when I try a one-time command ({"run":["command"]}) with more than one argument (like in "mj.surface" or "mj.surface2").

I tried {"run":["mj.surface[0,1]"]} and Telemachus stops sending data (subscriptions) and it doesn't even send back the 'confirmation' message.

{"run":["mj.surface[]"]} and {"run":["mj.surface[1]"]} returns the {"mj.surface[]":0} and {"mj.surface[1]":0} confirmation message, and the subscriptions keep coming after that. (Obviously MechJeb does nothing with those uncomplete commands.)

For what I understand in your websocket API wiki page in github (https://github.com/richardbunt/Telemachus/wiki/Web-Socket-API) the "mj.surface[0,1]" syntax is correct so what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks again for your awesome work!

So, I'm going to take a guess and say that two argument API calls are broken (with websockets) because I am being a bad person and parsing my JSON with regular expressions, which is theoretically a bad idea.

I'll try to fix this issue later today.

Please let me know if you have any other issues :)

Is there a build for 0.23 hanging around anywhere? I'll be happy with whatever the last release for that version was. (would love to update, but a few mods I consider "critical" are intentionally abstaining from 0.23.5)