[1.0.4] (2015-07-04) Telemachus – Telemetry and Flight Control in the Web Browser

Rich

Can I ask if anyone else has had this problem? I'd really like to use Telemachus for this project; I think it's a better solution for me than using something like KSPSerialIO, because I'd prefer the mod that liberates the data from KSP not be Arduino-specific. My prototype hardware mod has an LED bar-graph for total fuel, and a second that I'd like to use for the current stage fuel, but I haven't been able to get that second value from Telemachus; I'm not getting an HTTP 500 response, just always 0 for current resources.

Are there any fuel tanks listed in the active stage? The API isn't currently intelligent enough to know the difference between that and actual available fuel.

Of those people that were working on NAV ball implementation did any of them ever release anything or explain how they accomplished it? I'm working on a project where having that would be very helpful.

I'm working on a version using Three.js and I believe the last guy that tried it also used 3D custom textured spheres, rotated using the rawpitch values from the API. It's quite a performance hog on mobile so I haven't done much else on it for the moment.

Hi every one. That mod is just amazing ! I love it. However, I can't get replies from websocket. I connect to it, with no error, I try to subscribe to data, no error again, but I never receive any response.

I've noticed that in the forum specify the following command to subscribe : {"subscribe": ["v.altitude","v.name"]} and on the wiki pages, the following syntax : {"+": ["v.altitude"]}.

I was not able to receive any message from the web socket. Is this OK ?

I don't know if anyone was able to come up with a solution for this, but I'm having the exact same problem. Deedo's RemoteView is non-functional, as is my own project.

My project is written in C#, using WebSocket4Net. I know my project works, because I've tested it with ws://echo.websocket.org. The connection occurs and is open. I don't get an error, but I never get a reply from the server.

I don't know if anyone was able to come up with a solution for this, but I'm having the exact same problem. Deedo's RemoteView is non-functional, as is my own project.

My project is written in C#, using WebSocket4Net. I know my project works, because I've tested it with ws://echo.websocket.org. The connection occurs and is open. I don't get an error, but I never get a reply from the server.

Well, my JS is working (I just checked), you may have to change the IP in the remoteview.js

And i do subscribing like this

doSend(JSON.stringify({ "+": ["v.name","v.lightValue","v.sasValue","v.rcsValue"]}));

Hey everyone. I've finally got around to polishing off the UI that I started work on at the beginning of this year and now I'm excited to let people try it out and give me some feedback. Here's a quick run down of working features:

- Draggable widgets that allow for a customizable UI. Here's 63 SAS Buttons.

- A huge variety of buttons, dials, screens, scales and controls. See all.

- A fun and bright UI that works well with Kerbal Space Program.

- Automatic saving of layouts (same device) and the ability to export/import them. Currently screens of the same resolution only.

- Common KSP Keyboard shortcuts for some modules (SAS, RCS, GEAR etc).

- Touch screen support for most buttons and controls. Due to this not being a native app, performance is limited depending on your device.

- Responsive UI to work on different screen sizes. Not currently optimized for phones, but fine on tablets and above.

You can find the current release at https://github.com/chrisnic/mkon. Please check you are using a supported browser (Chrome, Firefox, Safari), minimum resolution of 700x500 and if using a tablet, a reasonably speedy one. I have been testing on an iPad 4 and an Asus Transformer Prime for reference purposes. I will be posting a "how-to" breakdown in the next few days.

Here's a wee photo of it in action.

A5jClhv.jpg

Before it gets asked... there is currently no navball or throttle controls. These will be added soon once I am happy with the performance. I have had lots of messages from eager people and so for now the code is out there as a bit of a taster. The modular approach to adding 'widgets' means that once we have streaming support (camera views!) and a non-restricted API (as per 2.0 spec), there is no limit to what can be added really. I'm happy to take requests too, if other people have ideas on what buttons/switches they'd like to see.

Right now priority is performance and bug fixing however, so if you find something that doesn't seem to be working right, give me an idea of your browser/OS/device/resolution and i'll look into it.

Edited by Sli

Hey everyone. I've finally got around to polishing off the UI that I started work on at the beginning of this year and now I'm excited to let people try it out and give me some feedback. Here's a quick run down of working features:

- Automatic saving of layouts (same device) and the ability to export/import them. Currently screens of the same resolution only.

- Touch screen support for most buttons and controls. Due to this not being a native app, performance is limited depending on your device.

- Responsive UI to work on different screen sizes. Not currently optimized for phones, but fine on tablets and above.

You can find the current release at https://github.com/chrisnic/mkon. Please check you are using a supported browser (Chrome, Firefox, Safari), minimum resolution of 700x500 and if using a tablet, a reasonably speedy one. I have been testing on an iPad 4 and an Asus Transformer Prime for reference purposes. I will be posting a "how-to" breakdown in the next few days.

http://i.imgur.com/A5jClhv.jpg

Before it gets asked... there is currently no navball or throttle controls. These will be added soon once I am happy with the performance. I have had lots of messages from eager people and so for now the code is out there as a bit of a taster. The modular approach to adding 'widgets' means that once we have streaming support (camera views!) and a non-restricted API (as per 2.0 spec), there is no limit to what can be added really. I'm happy to take requests too, if other people have ideas on what buttons/switches they'd like to see.

Right now priority is performance and bug fixing however, so if you find something that doesn't seem to be working right, give me an idea of your browser/OS/device/resolution and i'll look into it.

Awesome !!

A5jClhv.jpg

I am speechless ...

http://i.imgur.com/A5jClhv.jpg

I'm naming my next ship the KSS Sli. Well played sir, very well played.

It's easiest to use something DynDNS. Here's a general guide to DNS, but it can work fine to use Telemachus anywhere.

http://lifehacker.com/124804/geek-to-live--how-to-assign-a-domain-name-to-your-home-web-server/all

No you get it wrong. DDNS (including no-ip and stuff) only do the DNS part, you still need to forward the ports so your website/telemachus/minecraft server/whatever could be accessed from the whole world

For TheCanadianVendingMachine : Usually its in the router configuration page, enter 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1 in your browser, and enter admin as username and password, and assuming you have Cisco router, go to Applications and Gaming

Get here http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/

Amaaaaaaaazing... Now "all" I need to do is create an enclosure for my tablet(s) to make them look properly kerbalized :cool:

-snip-

For TheCanadianVendingMachine : Usually its in the router configuration page, enter 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1 in your browser, and enter admin as username and password, and assuming you have Cisco router, go to Applications and Gaming

No, I mean what ARE the ports? As in - 8080, TCP or the other one (Can't remembr)

No you get it wrong. DDNS (including no-ip and stuff) only do the DNS part, you still need to forward the ports so your website/telemachus/minecraft server/whatever could be accessed from the whole world

That guide I linked to explains that, or at least it did when I used it a long time ago. If not, then yes, you're correct, you need to do that also.

- - - Updated - - -

No, I mean what ARE the ports? As in - 8080, TCP or the other one (Can't remembr)

Telemachus tells you the details you need in the KSP log.

We can control a rover with Telemachus ?

And about the cameras, is it possible to have a little screen like 320×200 at 4 fps to simulate a poor quality cam and take less bandwidth when using camera stream

So how exactly do you put it into a tablet? do you simply put the address into its browser or is it more complicated?

Edit: also the g-force temperature and pressure don't work?

Edited by montyben101