[0.21.x] Kerbal Crew Manifest v0.5.5.0 Released! 0.21 Compatible!!!

vXSovereignXv

I won't have time to look at this until tomorrow most likely. I haven't had an opportunity to even install .21 yet :( I'll make crew transfer the first priority, then see if I can salvage anything else.

Stay strong, we can wait

I also noticed that the current Crew Management system in 0.21 has no way to revive dead Kerbals. I appreciated in Crew Manifest plugin how you could bring back a lost Kerbal if you needed to. I don't want to lose Jeb Bill or Bob, and yet the VAB editor constantly resets the pilot to the first availible. Well, some missions I don't want to use the main three, and I swap them out for a new recruit. Except, if you go back into the VAB on the exact same craft, it will reset to the first availible, usually Jeb. :( If I manually pick the pilot, don't reset it, KSP. Once I pick the pilot, it should stay that way for that craft. Crew Manifest did this. It also let you swap out pilots while on the launchpad. So if you forgot to change pilots in the VAB, you could make the swap as soon as you noticed the wrong portrait.

Nice to hear this mod is still updating to 0.21. The stock game still does not have the crew transferring between multiple docked ships, which is kind of pain using eva to move multiple crews...

I never played with the new update, and hearing about issues with MechJeb is keeping me away. But does it have the option to create new custom-named Kerbals, like this thing does?

I never played with the new update, and hearing about issues with MechJeb is keeping me away. But does it have the option to create new custom-named Kerbals, like this thing does?

No. Not that I can find, anyway. It generates lots of unique names, but I can't find how to create your own. Sad, too, because I like throwing in a few women names to keep things even. A Sally Kerman for instance. Valentina Kerman. You get the idea.

Edited by mellojoe

You could...just edit him back in. Reset/turn off permadeath. 'Permanent' if you don't know your way around KSP's cfgs/settings files ect.

Vanilla game needs reincarnation. If a kerbal dies you should see him in the complex as a recruit for hire with the same stats he had before.

No. Not that I can find, anyway. It generates lots of unique names, but I can't find how to create your own. Sad, too, because I like throwing in a few women names to keep things even. A Sally Kerman for instance. Valentina Kerman. You get the idea.

well in your persistence file, you can scroll to the bottom and see the list of recruitable kerbals and their names, which you could change their names, but it may mess up some things in game

I just released a compatibility update. It functions much like it did before except Kerbals cannot be removed from the roster and the permadeath option is unavailable. I will likely make some functionality available in the astronaut complex later when I get some more time to work on it.

Thanks for the update - and I look forward to seeing what you have in mind regarding integration with the Astronaut Complex.

In the past few days, I had to actually learn how to do EVA to get from one part of a station to another! :confused: So I guess there was a small benefit to the brief wait. But honestly, I'm not sure why Squad (or a modder) hasn't come up with a way to make docking ports work as they should - so that crew can transfer through them.

I really like Crew Manifest and have used it a lot in the past but... It dosen't seem to be playing nice with .21.1, or at least not the Linux version anyway. I've tried to create a Kerbal when I have a ship on the pad, and then when I try to launch... Nothing, nada, zip, the launch clamps don't release, the engines don't fire, the rocket is totally un responsive. I uninstall Crew Manifest, and the same ship flys like a champ. I've redownloaded it thinking I may have gotten a corrupted file, but the result was the same.

As an update I've booted over to my Windows partition and Crew Manifest works just fine in the windows version of .21.1, so it may be just a simple matter of case sensitivity (fingers crossed).

The crew manifest button being a question mark is because the files aren't installed properly. Now, I don't know if you installed it wrong or if the download was corrupted somehow, that's just how it... heh... manifests. Anyway you can try reinstalling it. Make sure the folders are in the correct positions and such.

The crew manifest button being a question mark is because the files aren't installed properly. Now, I don't know if you installed it wrong or if the download was corrupted somehow, that's just how it... heh... manifests. Anyway you can try reinstalling it. Make sure the folders are in the correct positions and such.

Well ive redownloaded crewmanifest and triple checked folders and i still dont get an icon i think its only started since installing lazor systems but removal of that doesnt help ive had same problem with 2 ksp installs

Thanks for the update to this! Not only do I have back my favourite crash test dummy seasoned test pilot, Pee Wee Kerman, and an enigmatic Kerbal named John Smith is currently piloting the TARDIS. :cool:

Edited by Jack Wolfe

anyone know why my crewmanifest icon is just a small question mark??

Put the CrewManifest directory (and everything under it) in the GameData directory, *not* the Plugins directory:

Kerbal Space Program/

-GameData/

--CrewManifest/

---Plugins/

----CrewManifest.dll

----PluginData/

-----CrewManifest/

------config.exml

------IconOff.png

------IconOn.png

--Squad

Note this contradicts the installation instructions. Don't know what the deal is, but this works for me and installing per the instructions does not.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.