0.20 Preparation

SwagBoiFresh

Anyone have any old 0.16-0.17 persistence files hanging around? I would really like to have a look at those to create a prototype for a 0.19 to 0.20 save converter.

Heck, I've got persistence files dating all the way back to 0.14 (ie. the version where persistence was added), and just about every version in between as well. Might have to do a bit of hunting around to find ones that have no mods for 0.18 onwards (which you weren't even asking about, I realize), but yeah.

EDIT: Here you go.

Edited by SkyRender

Anyone have any old 0.16-0.17 persistence files hanging around? I would really like to have a look at those to create a prototype for a 0.19 to 0.20 save converter.

After putting countless hours into creating my base on Minmus, I'll drink to a save converter. Sadly, I don't have any old persistence files laying around.

How would you go about creating a converter?

After putting countless hours into creating my base on Minmus, I'll drink to a save converter. Sadly, I don't have any old persistence files laying around.

How would you go about creating a converter?

I only need to look at the old persistence files to see how the structure and values have changed. The application is basically a replace an old string with another, and some other algoritims to edit the values.

If no one can provide me with any, I can just wait until 0.20 comes around and use that, but it would be delayed a bit.

ROFLCopter64bit

lol if i was you id grab utorrent or something and just make sure you turn off uploading so u don't break the law by sharing the game to ppl that haven't paid for it and just download the old game versions from a torrent site and make your self some persistence files that way

just remember to turn off uploading tho thats a must

ROFLCopter64bit

lol if i was you id grab utorrent or something and just make sure you turn off uploading so u don't break the law by sharing the game to ppl that haven't paid for it and just download the old game versions from a torrent site and make your self some persistence files that way

just remember to turn off uploading tho thats a must

I've disabled uploading in uTorrent by default. I'm not letting anyone pirate (Get it?) my bandwidth.

I have a space station around Kerbin and the Mun. I also have a very small base on the Mun, with only a Kethane miner, a rover, a generator, a light post, and some other stuff:

H3w5lcz.jpg

I have a space station around Kerbin and the Mun. I also have a very small base on the Mun, with only a Kethane miner, a rover, a generator, a light post, and some other stuff:

Have you deliberatly put the light post infront of the solar panels to get infinite electricity? Because if that were it, +1 for thinking outside the box.

Have you deliberatly put the light post infront of the solar panels to get infinite electricity? Because if that were it, +1 for thinking outside the box.

No, I just put it there because I ALWAYS forget to put lights, so I just decided to put a big, shiny light post in the base, which also doubles as a communications tower. I didn't feel like making it connect to the other modules (coming soonâ„¢), so it just stands alone. At full power, it is very bright, even if it can't generate infinite electricity:

rQiG4k1.jpg

Besides, a lot of existing designs just won't work any more; any vessels that currently use the LV-N engine (which is a LOT of them) will stop working simply because that engine will now use the new Nuclear Fuel resource, which your current rockets won't have.

??

simple config edits, no?

How are you guys going to deal with resources on Eve?

With both liquid fuel and Blutonium jsut in Eve's oceans, I am very tempted to set up shop there... :wink:

GwHO7um.png

I think the airship mod will be central to getting me off of eve

How are you guys going to deal with resources on Eve?

With both liquid fuel and Blutonium just in Eve's oceans, I am very tempted to set up shop there... :wink:

GwHO7um.png

I think you might want to take a look at that chart again. Blutonium comes from two places, a rock drill anywhere, or a hydroscoop on Eve. That doesn't means that you can mine Blutonium anywhere with a rock drill, but only on Eve with a Hydroscoop.

Of course, I may have misread what you said.

I think you might want to take a look at that chart again. Blutonium comes from two places, a rock drill anywhere, or a hydroscoop on Eve. That doesn't means that you can mine Blutonium anywhere with a rock drill, but only on Eve with a Hydroscoop.

Of course, I may have misread what you said.

I was just stating that it seems that Squad is making valuable resources very available and plentiful on Eve, as you won't even need a rock drill to get Blutonium. I was just brainstorming ideas for what I might end up doing when 0.20 comes :)

Just got the Kethane mod, trying that out!

Anyway, if anyone is interested, I am creating a library (Called "Konversion" :cool:) which is going to convert save files from one version to another. I am still analyzing the save files, but the initial game parameters are the same. So that leaves that out of the equation.

Also, if anyone knows the groups of the different persistence formats (ie. 0.18 and 0.19 are a group as they use the same format but not with 0.16 and 0.17 as they are different). It will help with the different classes for the library.

I think the airship mod will be central to getting me off of eve

Very true, especially if you're trying to get any significant quantity of resources off Eve.

To be honest, while you might refine the fuel to lift off of Eve on Eve itself, I can only see the Blutonium being worth lifting to orbit, as everything else will probably be much easier to get somewhere else. For that matter, we don't know how common it will be elsewhere, as you don't need that much of it.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.