[0.22.X] BobCat ind. Historical spacecraft thread

BobCat

@BobCat

A long time ago I (and some others) suggested the Vostok, and you seemed somewhat interested. Since then I've gotten the impression you feel that it's not worth the effort because it wouldn't serve a useful function in KSP. If your question to me would be, "What use is it?" I would say, "The same as all of your work." When it comes down to it, I don't choose to use your mods for their functionality; I use them because they are inspiring. Landing Lunokhod? Assembling Mir? [Hopefully] soon, assembling the ISS!? It is wonderful to have a chance to fly famous historical missions yourself!

48017_500937973304517_1282999966_n.jpg

On that note, I still feel that Vostok-1 is probably the most historically significant spacecraft you could reproduce from the Soviet and Russian space programs, as well as one of the most interesting looking (though Sputnik is debatably more significant). I would love to send Yuri Kerman up as Kerbin's first envoy to the stars!

Of course, it is fine if you don't want to do it (you are the one who works so hard, not me!). You should choose to make whatever you want, but I wanted to bring this up just one more time. = )

So Bobcat, does that mean that you will make a variant of Fregat with legs to make landing stage for the Lunokhod ?

If he decides not to, you could use whatever mod uses the servo controls and then rig up some ramps to those and let them down and there's a Lunokhod landing platform...

If he decides not to, you could use whatever mod uses the servo controls and then rig up some ramps to those and let them down and there's a Lunokhod landing platform...

The hard part is rigging up some ramps. I did make a landing stage from the LK landing stage and a pair of Kosmos tiny radial monopropellant engines, but it was a bit clumsy. A purpose built landing stage for the Lunokhod would be great.

I realize I am late to the game, but I am about to load the entire Soviet Pack, and I see that it uses an older version of the KAS plugin. Can anyone verify that it works with the current version of KAS?

im update to 1.8.3

Add SoyuzST booster block Fregat

Change Soyuz U third stage model

Amazing work,perfect thanks!

åрøÑÂтþѠòþÑÂúрõÑÂ!

New third stage looks great! I didn't think you would come back to work on this. :D The new Fregat stage looks cool, too!

Thank you.

im update to 1.8.3

Thanks! Great work!

I wonder why didn't you make Fregat a pod? It would kinda make sence given it's role of essentially a space tug. Also I've noticed that your Fregate doesn't have RCS built-in while real one does.

But I gotta say that it looks gorgeous!!!

I wonder why didn't you make Fregat a pod? It would kinda make sence given it's role of essentially a space tug. Also I've noticed that your Fregate doesn't have RCS built-in while real one does.

Fregat isn't a tug, it's another staged used to put satellites into geostationary orbits. You're probably thinking of the Parom orbital tug :D

Hey BobCat, one question I have. I am putting custom logos on the SoyuzST Payload fairings (the newest ones) and I am wondering what the background color of the fairings are because when I apply a new .PNG logo, i get a white box and I am looking to rectify that.