Boat Parts ~~~0.90~~~ R4.65~~~

InfiniteDice

Which of my in-development projects do you like best and would like to see released?  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Which of my in-development projects do you like best and would like to see released?

One the go to water plugin is build and we know where it places carriers you should build a dock around it with spacing for 3 Carrier Decks horizontaland 2 vertical from the direction the Carrier spawns.

The location will be close to the original location.

Guys... An update.

Sorted most of the issues, developed a new system of floatation that is more complex so I'm just fine tuning this... because of all the extensive code changes I'll need to redesign the carrier craft file, and the runabout as well so this will take a bit more time... if all is well I'll re-release tonight. Yes all your old carriers will need to be rebuilt from the ground up. There will also need to be changes to my guide...

2ev59qc.png

This is the code testing carrier. Don't ask what the bar above the tower is.. that's a secret! :)

Great to see her at sea again!

Awesome you may get a release done tonight, amazing that you have redone so much in such a little amount of time.

As for the pole on top.....I think you have to have a delorian for that to work yall =P

Also I was planning on making my base in BoosterBay.

Working on that as well... I'll see what I can do.

To reply on my own reply...

While I work on this I'll release the fix, The Narwhal will still load in the hangar... although it's a pain moving the carrier back and forth for adjustments it's still okay.

The new float system is basically done, a few minor last minute adjustments here and there are needed. I need to check over and re-build the crafts... As a bonus I'm releasing another all stock aircraft with the pack, it behaves very well for a navy light strike or recon solution.

Also I'll be including the larger Albatross Naval Recon... seen at the end of the first CIWS video on youtube. I didn't intentionally want to call it the same name as a vanilla aircraft, but it's much better anyway :) It's the largest aircraft I've landed on the carriers.

Expect the fix sometime tonight or at worse tomorrow. I'm busy with everything and the float code is so radically different that it has required constant tweaks over the past few days.

Also word of mention and thanks to Snjo. After I thought everything was fixed and ready to release mentioned how cool it would be to have a more free and unimpeded float code, I agreed... He shared some of his discoveries and I spent more than a few days talking back and forth with him sharing ideas and while I sorted out what code I wanted to write/include. We both ended up with similar but still very different code for solving some of the issues with floating parts.

Later guys.

Edited by InfiniteDice

Sounds like things are starting to look up =) And a fix possibly today...AWESOME!!!

Your dedication to this project is awe inspiring. I know I speak not only for myself, but many others as well, when I say thnk you BoatParts Team.....100000 times thank you! This is one of the more game-changing and enjoyable mods out there. The ongoing work and dedication that makes it possible for us player to field awesome navys is VERY much apprechiated!

Also looking forward to new planes! I have already ststed several times I am horrid at building jets myself. Atm my most used jet is the Shark =)

Sounds like things are starting to look up =) And a fix possibly today...AWESOME!!!

Your dedication to this project is awe inspiring. I know I speak not only for myself, but many others as well, when I say thnk you BoatParts Team.....100000 times thank you! This is one of the more game-changing and enjoyable mods out there. The ongoing work and dedication that makes it possible for us player to field awesome navys is VERY much apprechiated!

Also looking forward to new planes! I have already ststed several times I am horrid at building jets myself. Atm my most used jet is the Shark =)

I second this. This is one of my all time favorite mods and the work you're doing is very much appreciated. Keep up the good work...also: *foams at mouth for update* haha.

Thanks Dice, for working basically nonstop to get a fix out, you are an incredible Mod Dev, Keep Up the Great Work!

I do what I can!

Seems there are still a few minor issues stabbing me in the back. I'll put the release on hold, right now my target is for Friday evening.

Where do i get EdTools? Also, would you be able to make a floating barge? I have a huge kethane deposit in the middle of the ocean that has my name all over it, and is currently mocking me.

Edited by kodemunkey

Does anyone else have a problem with the small runaboat craft deciding that it's actually an aircraft?

You really gotta make trim/float adjustments once you start going over 35 m/s or so to keep it in the water. Note how the pre-built one has a parachute on it =) its a really good idea if ya plan goin fast.

You really gotta make trim/float adjustments once you start going over 35 m/s or so to keep it in the water. Note how the pre-built one has a parachute on it =) its a really good idea if ya plan goin fast.

Haha on that note, whats the fastest anyone made one of their carriers go?

Edit: Obviously I mean in the water.

Before detuning it.... had the new carrier at 100 m/s. It was rock solid stable at 4x.... that was before having to change up some code.

Once I have the crafts rebuilt I'll be uploading the update to .21 It's been two steps forward one step back all this week, restarted nearly from scratch after getting to the craft tuning stage and realizing something was horribly wrong.

It'll be done when it's done, but I'm getting close.

Later guys!

Before detuning it.... had the new carrier at 100 m/s. It was rock solid stable at 4x.... that was before having to change up some code.

Once I have the crafts rebuilt I'll be uploading the update to .21 It's been two steps forward one step back all this week, restarted nearly from scratch after getting to the craft tuning stage and realizing something was horribly wrong.

It'll be done when it's done, but I'm getting close.

Later guys!

Haha 100 m/s with a carrier, thats pretty awesome. :D