LLL - Lack Luster Labs - Development Thread

Lack

i believe its offset to minimize the obstruction of the cargo bay from the docking module. It is also thinner and keeps the shuttle at a slight distance to make docking safer.

And it looks nifty. Yes, nifty.

It's offset because the wider side is meant to mate with Unity/Station and is therefore a berthing mechanism. It's also offset as to provide necessary clearance with the Space Shuttle's cockpit.

I've also been learning about KW and B9; and LLL seems to have them beat on the Ram usage front.

Well, LLL has a lot of 1024*1024 textures -for some of the parts, the resolution is justified, but for other, simpler parts, it is unnecessary and could just as well use a lower texture size. B9 uses a ton of memory simply because there are so many parts (although almost all of them have *1024 textures), and the memory load of B9 can be massively reduced by installing the low res texture pack - it isn't actually that low-res, it still looks quite good. KW has a very good texture reduction pack that only reduces the emmissive and normal maps, which means that it's very hard to spot a difference, yet it still quarters the memory usage of KW. Anyway, I can only recommend installing some mods, it gives you a lot of new choices when it comes to style.

@SSSP,

Yeah. I've seen that before. I think the last time ferram reckoned it was due to the sudden change in shape and circumference. There's nothing dodgy with the model itself, it's as simple as simple can be. You could try changing altering the size of the nodes (7th number in the node_stack), it not being definied might be part of it. Like so.

node_stack_top = x, y, z, xdir, ydir, zdir, 1

node_stack_top = x, y, z, xdir, ydir, zdir, 2

Not too bothered by a 5 man pod at the moment, it'd only mean making a new IVA and they're dreary things to make. I'll likely reconsider at some point.

@BananaD,

I'll consider it.

@drtedastro,

Yeah, BahamutoD has some pretty great stuff. I'm especially loving the new animation module. I also found out that MM can handle switches based on if a mod is installed. That provides a nice by-pass to my problems with plugin animations (namely having the replace the stock one).

@K3|,

Yeah, sure.

@K3| part 2,

I tried that. The suspension modules are really tempremental, so I've never been able to tell if it'll work or not. In the past just switching meshes has messed up with it, even with the same hierachy. It didn't work this time.

@wasmic,

Texture reduction packs are essentially redundent now with Active Texture Management, you'll see no real gains with both installed vs just ATM.

Thanks, but let's keep it either just Banana, Ban or the full thing... "BananaD" sounds... Dirty...

Heh, it does rather doesn't it. Tut, tut, filthy mind you (says the guy who was sniggering while someone was talking rummaging in a women's box today. I mean, come on, phrasing).

@Lack - Thanks, I edited the file as follows:

node_stack_top = 0, 1.27142936, 0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 1

node_stack_bottom = 0, -1.27142936, 0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0, 2

(Hope this is right, never edited a part before).

It may be the width change, changing the above numbers perhaps made a slight improvement, but it's still saying drag is about 75kN vs cockpit at 0.2kN....

I think I will wait for next FAR release. Cheers.

So what you're saying is, you own RyanAir now...

geez if he does and i go into the cockpit one day to find Bill Bob and Jeb at the wheel i'll be the first one to jump out...

oh the boyancy thingy doesn't work on mine... i do have "tweakable wheels" and "tweakable everything" installed

Edited by AntiMatter001

Don't worry, the buoyancy doesn't work for me either. Don't know why, I've run through firespitter's source code and I'm not sure what I'm quite doing wrong.

SXT-alpha-0-9.zip

Added:
KE-90 Turbofan engine
Air-liner wings
Open structural part (so you can a 6-way port inside)

Also fixed the textures for the Barrel, had forgotten to replace them with the correct 1x1 textures.

AxfbLji.png

yFgJFcT.png

Nah, you'd know if I owned Ryan air, the planes would look like this

8OFnV8F.png

Couple probably fit them in on the wings as well, just fly lower so people don't get oxygen deprived.

And then there's this, which I though was cute.

uKEAMvy.png

Don't worry, the buoyancy doesn't work for me either. Don't know why, I've run through firespitter's source code and I'm not sure what I'm quite doing wrong.

SXT-alpha-0-9.zip

Added:
KE-90 Turbofan engine
Air-liner wings
Open structural part (so you can a 6-way port inside)

Also fixed the textures for the Barrel, had forgotten to replace them with the correct 1x1 textures.

http://i.imgur.com/AxfbLji.png

http://i.imgur.com/yFgJFcT.png

Nah, you'd know if I owned Ryan air, the planes would look like this

http://i.imgur.com/8OFnV8F.png

Couple probably fit them in on the wings as well, just fly lower so people don't get oxygen deprived.

And then there's this, which I though was cute.

http://i.imgur.com/uKEAMvy.png

to hell with the other crafts! gimme that cute one!

I'll take a look at it, see if I can't figure it out...

Alternatively, maybe use the Airships plugin? I think that might simulate buoyancy...

@AntiMatter,

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/39086055/Meep%20meep.craft

Thing it needs Pizza and Aerospace (and SXT, obviously).

@Ban,

Thanks. Let me know if you find anything out. Yeah, I could use that, bit less used though. We'll see if we can crack the firespitter first.

ship = Meep meep 

XD either that's a road runner reference or that's a cute name :P

ship = Meep meep 

XD either that's a road runner reference or that's a cute name :P

Yep, Road Runner reference. Road Runner, Stop the pigeon, Wacky Races. Now those were some good shows.

nXYtuf1.jpg

uKEAMvy.png

Good likeness I reckon.

Dammit Lack... I'm just now finding out your putting all the cargo holds into a single config caused my MM thingy that adds Firespitter tweakables to have stopped working...

Just so you know, fixing it is a great inconvenience...

At 4:44AM...

Right, figured it out... Kinda... Going to bed now...

Edited by BananaDealer

Recently decided to give these modes a go, as seen from the development of the singularity pack... So far I'm loving it, great work

Edited by Jaybtlr
nvm forgot to update KSP on other install

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.