[0.21] Kerbal LiveFeed: Passive Multiplayer Plugin/Client/Server v0.7.1

SodiumEyes

Having the same issue as "victor tan" 2 pages ago.

Log:

[21:46:46] Hosting server on port 2075...
Enter /help to view server commands.
[21:46:46] Listening for clients...
[21:46:46] Error starting http server: System.Net.HttpListenerException (0x80004
005): The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another pro
cess
at System.Net.HttpListener.AddAllPrefixes()
at System.Net.HttpListener.Start()
at KLFServer.Server.hostingLoop()
[21:46:46] Please try running the server as an administrator

Running Windows 8 64bit, pretty sure I did everything i was instructed to by the manual (and yes, tried to run it as admin, same message).

Also pre-port-forwarded, doubt this has anything to do with it. Already tried turning off my Avast and restarting the computer.

are you using 2 different ports for your setup? this is what I use.....

port

3450 <--trackmania 2's port both udp/tcp

httpPort

2350 <--trackmania 2's port both udp/tcp

localAddress

your.ip.goes.here

and all works fine, I usually use ports I already have config'd ,since I know I am not going to be playing TrackMania 2 while I am playing KSP.....lol.....just make sure your clients have your port call (non-http) at the end of your IP for their connection address.

ie: your.ip.goes.here:3450 <--your port number (non-http)

Edited by mrsinister

It isn't working for me

I'm on a mac pro (please no mac hater comments) with plenty of RAM and graphical power.

The client runs using Mono which in turn is run from terminal, I can connect to a server and I can chat with people but through terminal. The plugin works in KSP and I can see windows with chat buttons and viewer buttons, but no usernames. Neither viewer or chat work and I can only speak through terminal. I can't see anyone either in orbital map view. I think its an issue between the connection of the client and the .dll

Can someone please help? I have done fresh installs of both KSP and the plugin and I do have other mods but that shouldn't be a problem. I have tried legacy install and GameData install, neither worked. The plugin data files ARE generated so idk what the issue is.

Edited by santib

Bump? Anyone having the same issue? I've spoken with plenty people and no one knows how to solve it...

I remember someone else having this problem which was fixed by invoking both KLFClient and KSP from the Terminal. You would have to navigate your way to the KSP directory first: e.g.

cd /path/to/KSP
mono KSP.exe &
mono KLFClient.exe

I'll see about borrowing an Apple computer tomorrow and duplicating your experience.

Testing some stuff with KLF with a fresh install of KSP and only KLF plugin. I get a lot of logspam containing these errors:

This one occurs constantly when looking at the map and is 90% of the logspam:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at OrbitDriver.TrackRigidbody (.CelestialBody refBody) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at OrbitDriver.Start () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

This one occurs much less frequently. I'm guessing it happens interactively, but it's difficult to determine what causes it/when exactly it happens because the log is not timestamped:

at KLF.KLFVessel.updateOrbitProperties () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at KLF.KLFVessel.setOrbitalData (.CelestialBody body, Vector3 local_pos, Vector3 local_vel, Vector3 local_dir) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at KLF.KLFManager.applyVesselUpdate (KLF.KLFVesselUpdate vessel_update, KLF.KLFVessel vessel) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at KLF.KLFManager.handleVesselUpdate (KLF.KLFVesselUpdate vessel_update) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at KLF.KLFManager.handleUpdate (System.Object obj) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at KLF.KLFManager.handleInteropMessage (ClientInteropMessageID id, System.Byte[] data) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at KLF.KLFManager.readClientInterop () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at KLF.KLFManager.updateStep () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

And this:

getObtAtUT result is NaN! UT: 305.259979248047

And finally, this error spams at a rate of thousands of lines per second when looking at a celestial body with someone's ship icon jittering far away from the orbit ellipse. They aren't piloting the ship, it's just rendering some distant ship around a planet or moon. Also, when this happens I can see the distant celestial bodies on the map from any other. e.g. I can see Duna, big and red with someone's ship orbiting it, from LKO:

at OrbitRenderer+OrbitCastHit.GetUpdatedOrbitPoint () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at OrbitRenderer+OrbitCastHit.GetUpdatedScreenPoint () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at OrbitTargeter.OnGUI () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Note, I get none of these errors when running stock.

I get same error as 0bj4c7, when I try to host my server. My router won't let me portforward so I tried using hamachi but still nothing.

I take it you tried my fix? ,what router are you using? all routers let you port forward. maybe your router is set up as a gateway instead?.

Okay, I'm probably just dumb, but I've got a problem.

I can't put IP address.

I type in IP klf.kerbalsp.com:2075, but nothing changes, there's still Localhost set as IP.

Try typing IP then enter. It will prompt for the host information next.

I'm trying to set up my own server. I've connected to other servers and it works fine, but I am unable to connect to my own. Is there something I need to do server side to get it work, such as port forwarding?

(P.S. I'm on Mac)

EDIT: I was able to connect while VPN'd into my server's network by entering the local IP, so I know its a problem with the network/internet rather than the server.

Edited by Xaiier

SodiumEyes, have you considered fleshing this out some more? Or instance, putting some data out through a pseudo file with an API, possibly with a JSON object that could be interpreted for integration into a website (Or anything else that wanted it)?

Still having a problem loading any information into KSP. Everything on the KLF runs fine, except when I look back at KSP, nothing has loaded.

Things I have tried.

> Disabling All Firewalls + Security

> Disabling Skype, Webserver. Everything excl nVidia.

> Not Alt-Tabbing out of KSP

> Ran as Administrator

> Windows XP Compatibility Mode

Running Win8

So I have no clue why it wouldn't work. If anyone would be able to help, much appreciated. I've seen a couple of people with the same problem.

Edited by sifex

it isn't working for me

i'm on a mac pro (please no mac hater comments) with plenty of ram and graphical power.

The client runs using mono which in turn is run from terminal, i can connect to a server and i can chat with people but through terminal. The plugin works in ksp and i can see windows with chat buttons and viewer buttons, but no usernames. Neither viewer or chat work and i can only speak through terminal. I can't see anyone either in orbital map view. I think its an issue between the connection of the client and the .dll

can someone please help? I have done fresh installs of both ksp and the plugin and i do have other mods but that shouldn't be a problem. I have tried legacy install and gamedata install, neither worked. The plugin data files are generated so idk what the issue is.

i have that same problem except i cant chat period and im on mac like you someone fix!

I remember someone else having this problem which was fixed by invoking both KLFClient and KSP from the Terminal. You would have to navigate your way to the KSP directory first: e.g.

cd /path/to/KSP
mono KSP.exe &
mono KLFClient.exe

I'll see about borrowing an Apple computer tomorrow and duplicating your experience.

OMG it worked! Although Terminal did not recognize KSP.exe because Apple uses .app (lol internally), the mono succesfully mounted the client and the plugin, usernames are visible, and I am gonna test some other things out, but yeah.

Tried it for 2 days and really cool this , after all the reading on how multiplayer is impossible and not been done,

this does get pretty close to beeing it.

Ofcorse would still be beter if one could actualy meet and/or dock in orbit.

Biggest problems i read are with timewarp , and the movement of planets with it.

So was just brainstorming a bit on possible work arounds for this and came up with a following idea (god not another suggestion on multiplayer:huh: )

What if , for example you arive at jool to meet up with a player there, now in current condition, all planets and moons are gonna be in diffrent positions because of the diffrent times on the players.

So how about if you could sinc time to that player , maybe a link next to the players details.

This would put the planets and moons all the same as the other player.

Now for the meet up.

Maybe a second link next to players details for requesting Rendesvouz , if excepted both players stay in same time, and timewarp will effect both,

To make it work i think only 1 player should be able to controle timewarp to avoid conflicts.

The rest is more question then suggestion,

You can get ppl's space craft with sharecraft/getcraft , but these are most likely the compleet saves (with the stages , boosters etc) (not tried it),

is there a way the manned craft can be automaticly uploaded/loaded on getting close?

And as for docking and doing something like fuel transfer not sure any of it would be possible

just some idea's , see you in space :)

I've been running the server on my Raspberry Pi, so far so good. However, when I try to go to the website for the server in a browser I get the following error, and the server exits and stays down regardless of Auto-Restart.

Some other problems i'm having:

* Screenshot sharing doesn't seem to work, I can see my own screenshot but no one elses (Fixed through modifying code, read edit at bottom)

* Sharing craft doesn't seem to work, I continously get craft not found, I made a craft called "testshare" and typed /sharecraft testshare, and still got the error. (Fixed through modifying code, read edit #2 at bottom)

Log

System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Argument is out of range.

at System.Globalization.DateTimeFormatInfo.GetAbbreviatedDayName (DayOfWeek dayofweek) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.DateTimeUtils.ToString (DateTime dt, Nullable`1 utc_offset, System.String format, System.Globalization.DateTimeFormatInfo dfi) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.DateTimeUtils.ToString (DateTime dt, System.String format, System.Globalization.DateTimeFormatInfo dfi) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.DateTime.ToString (System.String format, IFormatProvider provider) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Net.HttpListenerResponse.SendHeaders (Boolean closing, System.IO.MemoryStream ms) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Net.ResponseStream.GetHeaders (Boolean closing) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Net.ResponseStream.Write (System.Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at KLFServer.Server.asyncHTTPCallback (IAsyncResult result) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Stacktrace: at System.Globalization.DateTimeFormatInfo.GetAbbreviatedDayName (DayOfWeek dayofweek) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.DateTimeUtils.ToString (DateTime dt, Nullable`1 utc_offset, System.String format, System.Globalization.DateTimeFormatInfo dfi) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.DateTimeUtils.ToString (DateTime dt, System.String format, System.Globalization.DateTimeFormatInfo dfi) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.DateTime.ToString (System.String format, IFormatProvider provider) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Net.HttpListenerResponse.SendHeaders (Boolean closing, System.IO.MemoryStream ms) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Net.ResponseStream.GetHeaders (Boolean closing) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Net.ResponseStream.Write (System.Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at KLFServer.Server.asyncHTTPCallback (IAsyncResult result) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

EDIT

I jumped into the code and found out why screenshots weren't working on Rasbian. The screenshot size was often using Math.round(), which for some reason, on linux was returning 0, while windows was returning a correct valid number.

So I removed the Math.round(), and modified the SH command to allow the user to select from a preset selection of valid resolutions. Fix : https://github.com/Worrom36/KerbalLiveFeed

I might dive into my other issues later, great plugin!!

EDIT #2

Added additional error communication should /sharecraft not work. Turns out I had a situation where my Space Program's name didn't match up with the name in my persistant.sfs ... Added to my github

Edited by Worrom

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.