[Carbon 1.3] KSP Utilities - Partial Cross-Platforming

Hey, excellent work, Man. I intend to try out Iridium in the office sometime this week (if beta works out). Is there any documentation on the best way to use it yet? For instance, is the client intended to be run while KSP is open, and are there any predictable pitfalls?

By the way, it's awesome to see another VB coder. In my work I use VB exclusively, so am a bit rusty on everything else.

Hi again,

Quick question about Iridium and I hope it is ok to ask it here.

I tried running the new beta that you released but whenever I try to upload a persistence file the server crashes and when I try to request the file from the client it says it is unable to find the Persistence file. My questions is if I am simply missing my persistence.sfs file or is it the persistent.sfs file in my save folder that should be used?

I tried putting the persistent.sfs file in the same directory as the server exe to see if it made any difference but it is still the same.

*Edit:

Tried renaming the Persistent.sfs to Persistence.sfs and tried using the upload button in the client. This caused the client and server application to hang and crash.

Edited by Bafver
quick update

Kerbal Livefeed maybe meeting its end...

(Comparing KLF and TCP Client/Server...)

Hopefully. This is in a beta beta, so even the beta isn't fully working.

Edited by ROFLCopter64bit
I feel embarrassed of my past self.

Because working on the Iridium dual-connections is giving me an inception-headache, would anyone like automatic updates, as this is heavily-reliable on the latest update? It would make everything so much easier. And for that matter, would anyone like plugins for Iridium? If any KSP-plugin coder is generous enough, they could integrate this with KSP, effectively rendering KLF obsolete.

Because working on the Iridium dual-connections is giving me an inception-headache, would anyone like automatic updates, as this is heavily-reliable on the latest update? It would make everything so much easier. And for that matter, would anyone like plugins for Iridium? If any KSP-plugin coder is generous enough, they could integrate this with KSP, effectively rendering KLF obsolete.

1: yeah

2: maybe

Other comments: KLF would be obsolete, if it wasn't for its easy-to-connect capability, in-game communication, and screenshot sharing capability.

EDIT: Bu the way, the word is "Persistent". All KSP saves each has persistent.sfs, instead of persistence.sfs.

Edited by Designer225

Everything works with 0.20 (assuming nothing new has changed the structure of saves).

Work on Iridium has been put on hold until next week. Just wait until you see how that works out, past me.

I've been swamped with assignments.

EDIT: Bu the way, the word is "Persistent". All KSP saves each has persistent.sfs, instead of persistence.sfs.

Accents can affect written language. Or it's probably how I remember it. Either way, they both mean the same thing.

Everything works with 0.20 (assuming nothing new has changed the structure of saves).

Work on Iridium has been put on hold until next week. I've been swamped with assignments.

Accents can affect written language. Or it's probably how I remember it. Either way, they both mean the same thing.

Also, you shoukd work with SOidumEyes because:

So its work won`t be obsolete

So its easier to develop

...as of tommorrow. All 6 assignments are almost over, then I have exams the next week (but I won't study for the most of it because for some reason I get A's withough studying) so things are looking good.

no

I'm looking for more beta testers. Some will be permanently assigned to a specific program, some will just move from program to program or just be guiniea pigs people to help test internet things. Send me a PM if you want to join the beta testers (and a skype name if you can) with the preference on what you want to do.

I updated the main thread to show a contents table with the stableness of the program.

As you can see, I have been able to determine the status of Carbon with the help of togfox, the new beta tester.\

More status updates coming along the way. Post if you need more details on the stability of the programs.

Updated the main thread to show that the save merger still works.

A suggestion on Carbon analyser. No (or at most one) decimal places. Giving numbers with four or five decimal places doesn't make much of a difference but does make it harder to read.

It only does that for precision, because on a larger scale it can mean alot of more changes to the actual craft. But I can make it display a rounded number.

Avery time i start any IP, game crashes

i pick a server ip that DOES exsist for iridium...

Crashes.

What am i doing wrong?

Iridium is in a (very unstable) beta, so don't expect it to work under any circumstances. But the beta I'm working on seems to. dead.

Can i be a tester for iridium? It seems fun. :P

Sure, but I can't put you on Iridium yet because it's half completed dead. So you'll just be temporarily doing nothing.

• 4 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.