[0.21+] Kosmos Spacecraft Design Bureau: Updated (9/27/13)

Normak

yeah, I'm getting that too. I'd read on another thread (FASA i think) that the issue arises from having liquid fuel, oxidizer and monoprop in a part config, without any engine thrust transform thingys defined on .23 install

sadly (on my part) it IS a comfort I'm not the only one heheh

Confirmed on LazTek and FASA, too. This is a bug with KSP. The devs should probably be notified, those tanks are fine otherwise and the glitch is purely visual.

ah ok well they need to get on the farkin ball!! :) I did use them last night and they worked great .. some of those larger tanks are freakin amazing ..

This happens on KSPI also...

now ..... Imma display my newbness ... wassa KSPI?

Thanks, NathanKell.

I tried setting the size of top nodes to 1, bottom node size to 2, and moving the CoM 0.5m lower. Anyway this command pod has extremely strange results with FAR, it produces huge amounts of drag and even more lift. What might be the problem?

Hello guys, and thank you for this awesome part pack!

I cant download the new version, the space port .rar file seems to be corrupted (only the full texture version, the texture-reducing .rar is fine, but comes with no models or configs...).

Is there any alternative download location for the complete pack?

Having a problem getting the file from spaceport. Any time the download 'finishes' it actually appears to be ending prematurely and since the zip is damaged it refuses to extract. Is there an alternate download source from the one linked in the first post?

Hello guys, and thank you for this awesome part pack!

I cant download the new version, the space port .rar file seems to be corrupted (only the full texture version, the texture-reducing .rar is fine, but comes with no models or configs...).

Is there any alternative download location for the complete pack?

Having a problem getting the file from spaceport. Any time the download 'finishes' it actually appears to be ending prematurely and since the zip is damaged it refuses to extract. Is there an alternate download source from the one linked in the first post?

Get a download manager with download resuming and try using that, Spaceport is stupid and messes up the download if it takes too long.

So, been searching around the forum to find anything on the APAS-69 docking ring problem and wound up on posts #356, #358 and #359 in this topic (amongst other places/topic's/sites). I too experience the problem Mechjeb(2) won't dock the system correctly (90 degrees out on both the X and Y axis) and when manual docking the system won't dock but just bounce a bit. Perhaps more info on the subject would be helpful: multiple docking 'helping' addons such as the Lazor Docking Cam also seem too miss-align this specific docking port by 90 degrees on X and Y axis. So I don't think Mechjeb is the problem but the ring itself.

I so hope someone is able to fix the port, I personally think this is the best looking docking port on KSP/Spaceport and I really like to use it. No offence to CBBP and the new docking ring in the KOSMOS pack, but it's just not as kerbelicious.

So, been searching around the forum to find anything on the APAS-69 docking ring problem and wound up on posts #356, #358 and #359 in this topic (amongst other places/topic's/sites). I too experience the problem Mechjeb(2) won't dock the system correctly (90 degrees out on both the X and Y axis) and when manual docking the system won't dock but just bounce a bit. Perhaps more info on the subject would be helpful: multiple docking 'helping' addons such as the Lazor Docking Cam also seem too miss-align this specific docking port by 90 degrees on X and Y axis. So I don't think Mechjeb is the problem but the ring itself.

I so hope someone is able to fix the port, I personally think this is the best looking docking port on KSP/Spaceport and I really like to use it. No offence to CBBP and the new docking ring in the KOSMOS pack, but it's just not as kerbelicious.

I just lock both ships int a particular orientation using MechJeb2's Smart A.S.S. panel, then align it and dock manually. Works just fine that way! :P

It should, Firespitter and Procedural Fairings are the only plugins involved. Update those and you're good to go. Just don't use versions included in the pack.

So, otherwise, this pack still works fine with 0.23?

from what i have found it does but it's really unstable. I finally "shopped" the parts i wanted and tossed the rest till they fix it to .23. I got tired of the game shutting down when it felt like it.

So, otherwise, this pack still works fine with 0.23?

I'm not seeing any instability, but the engine skirt toggle for the RD-0146 is no longer available on its context menu.

Balka Solar Wings Block part (which, I think, is the most awesomely coolest part in the pack) has a problem with "rotary" retracting animation - it starts to retract and suddenly jumps into retracted position.

Edited by J.Random

cBBp: Have you made any progress with remaking the APAS-69 docking ports? I have the latest KOSMOS and 0.23 and they are still malfunctioning :( If there's a fix for it I'm sorry if I missed it, the thread is very long!

What alterations would I have to make to use this mod in career mode?

I love the idea of having large stations, but I am a modding newbie so haven't a clue how to add it.

Thanks in advance :)

Get TreeLoader.dll and add the parts you need in tree.cfg

else you'll need to edit cfg for every part in the pack.

Get TreeLoader.dll and add the parts you need in tree.cfg

else you'll need to edit cfg for every part in the pack.

I posted a ModuleManager cfg a few pages back which adds career mode support as an interim measure until the next update

Edit; More info

[Career CFG Download Link] Place in your ...\GameData\KOSMOS\ directory (I'm pretty sure it'll work anywhere in \GameData\ though

For use with Sarbian's Module Manager

Edited by NoMrBond

a update progress report please.

That sounds extremely demanding. You should try to rephrase it as "How's it going with the update?" or "Is there any news regarding the next release?".