[AnyOS] KSP Mod Admin v2 - Mod install with a few clicks

MacTee

Sneak Peak ... PartsTab Plugin

Tested, works really fine, and hugely useful (often need the title and part_name of those parts listed, to create or verify config files handling them, had to open each single part.config to do so).

Would be a nicety if the list of parts could be exported (CSV format perhaps).

What's new:

• Parts & Crafts Tabs.
  • Order of Tabs on MainForm is now customizable (drag & drop).
  • Column sort added to all TreeViews
  • ProgressBar on "Add mod" dialog added.
  • Horizontal alignment for TreeView cell content added.
    CheckBoxes are now centered in the TreeView cell.
  • Missing ToolTips added.
  • Localization fixes.

Leave me your feedback =)

Edited by MacTee

Version 2.3.0.0. works nicely, have yet to find any new issue with those improvements and new features.

Anyway, one further nicety about the crafts tab would be if KSP MA could optionally look within the saves subfolders for ships, and not only go about the Ships subfolder in root. Of course, showing where each craft is saved is also needed.

With the MacOS and Mono version of KSPModAdmin 2.3.0.0 I am getting the following error when I try to run:

mono KSPModAdmin.exe

System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: ApplicationName='xrandr', CommandLine='', CurrentDirectory='', Native error= Cannot find the specified file

at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start_noshell (System.Diagnostics.ProcessStartInfo startInfo, System.Diagnostics.Process process) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start_common (System.Diagnostics.ProcessStartInfo startInfo, System.Diagnostics.Process process) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.Diagnostics.Process:Start ()

at KSPModAdmin.Core.Utils.ScreenHelper.GetXrandrOutput () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at KSPModAdmin.Core.Utils.ScreenHelper.GetResolutionsOnLinux () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at KSPModAdmin.Core.Utils.ScreenHelper.GetScreenResolutions () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at KSPModAdmin.Core.Views.ucKSPStartup.ucKSPStartup_Load (System.Object sender, System.EventArgs e) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Windows.Forms.UserControl.OnLoad (System.EventArgs e) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Windows.Forms.UserControl.OnCreateControl () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow (System.Windows.Forms.Message& m) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc (System.Windows.Forms.Message& m) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc (System.Windows.Forms.Message& m) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc (System.Windows.Forms.Message& m) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Windows.Forms.UserControl.WndProc (System.Windows.Forms.Message& m) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Windows.Forms.Control+ControlWindowTarget.OnMessage (System.Windows.Forms.Message& m) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Windows.Forms.Control+ControlNativeWindow.WndProc (System.Windows.Forms.Message& m) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.WndProc (IntPtr hWnd, Msg msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Unhandled Exception:

System.ArgumentException: A null reference or invalid value was found [GDI+ status: InvalidParameter]

at System.Drawing.GDIPlus.CheckStatus (Status status) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Drawing.Font.GetHeight (Single dpi) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Drawing.Font.GetHeight () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Drawing.Font.get_Height () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.Drawing.Font:get_Height ()

at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.OnFontChanged (System.EventArgs e) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ChangeParent (System.Windows.Forms.Control new_parent) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.Windows.Forms.Control:ChangeParent (System.Windows.Forms.Control)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control+ControlCollection.Remove (System.Windows.Forms.Control value) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.Dispose (Boolean disposing) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.Dispose (Boolean disposing) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.ComponentModel.Component.Dispose () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.ComponentModel.Component:Dispose ()

at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripControlHost.Dispose (Boolean disposing) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.ComponentModel.Component.Finalize () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Any ideas on a solution?

Drak

Nothing but issues with v2, v1.4 r* !5, etc... Always installs to incorrect directory, confusing UI, etc... You may want to look into: https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/CKAN / http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/100067-The-Comprehensive-Kerbal-Archive-Network-%28CKAN%29-Package-Manager-v1-6-20-2-Jun-2015?p=1996456&posted=1#post1996456 to see how such a simple ui handles everything with less confusion and where it actually works...

[After a few hours of research ...]

Hi draktheas,

thanks for your report!

Unfortunatly i wasn't aware of the fact that under mono the variable Environment.OSVersion.Platform could return PlatformID.Unix on a MacOSx =(

Reference: link (search "How to detect the execution platform ?")

Anyway i think i have found a solution!

I'll try to get a new version ready as fast as possible!

EDIT:

@Acecool:

You don't like it? Then don't use it! =P

EDIT2:

@Acecool:

A way to help would be to report the problems you have encountered with v2. =)

Edited by MacTee

Nothing but issues with v2, v1.4 r* !5, etc... Always installs to incorrect directory, confusing UI, etc... You may want to look into: https://github.com/KSP-CKAN/CKAN / http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/100067-The-Comprehensive-Kerbal-Archive-Network-%28CKAN%29-Package-Manager-v1-6-20-2-Jun-2015?p=1996456&posted=1#post1996456 to see how such a simple ui handles everything with less confusion and where it actually works...

In case you have some issue to report, do so. It will help fix things in case the issue is caused by this tool, or to provide you help on how to make it work.

But what you wrote is false in general. This tool works perfectly for me and many others.

Writing such things, in that way, shows your intent is actually to belittle this tool, without any evidence. This behaviour is unacceptable, and will be considered in view of community rule 2.2.h should it show again in the same unsubstantiated way.

Sry the new version with the "Platfrom detection" fix will take a while longer.

The fix seems to work but during some test on linux i encountered some other issues.

A new version will come when i have fixed those issues.

Unfortunatly i have destroyed my old linux test environment and i ran into some problems during the setup of the new one ...

@includao:

The biggest difference is

CKAN:

- Very easy to use.

- (almost?) Never conflict problems between mods (if mod infos are maintained properly).

- Limited amount of mods are supported.

KMA²:

- A little bit less user friendly interface, but i think after a small learning curve everybody should be fine =).

- Supports the management of almost all mods (maybe with manually tweaks).

- Control where a mod and which parts of a mod should be installed.

- Some other features like backup, flag, part and vessel management or vessel validation.

- (Poor advertisement) And for now more bugs i guess =/

- (Advertisement) Coming soon CKAN Mod Browser (and after that, Browser for KurbelStuff and CurseForge).

But first some stabilizing...

Who won ... who's next ... you decide!

Edited by MacTee

Just popping in here to say that the CKAN core (aka `ckan.dll`) is MIT licensed and *should* compile happily on .NET 4.0. You're welcome and encouraged to use it in *any* project (including KMA²) if it makes your life easier, and the MIT license was chosen as it provides maximum license compatibility. Having alternate CKAN clients would be *awesome*, and having KMA² using our library would also help reveal anywhere our documentation is poor or we're otherwise not doing the right thing when it comes to interoperability.

Hi pjf,

thanks for the hint, I'll have a look on it.

But the handling of the CKAN josn package is quite easy and already done.

Actually I'm working on the transfere of the package info to the model KMA² uses. But i haven't found i proper concept for that now =/

And there is one more problem ... the wether is just to good to stay inside :)

@KMA² mono users:

I have fixed some more problems of the mono version, but there is still a problem with the Import/Export dialog.

The CheckBoxComboBox i use in this dialog is not mono compatible and crashes the app =(.

I'm on it and i hope i'll have a new version ready by tomorrow (within 24h).

The handling of the CKAN josn package is quite easy and already done.

Oh good. We chose JSON specifically to ensure that it was as easy as possible to independently re-use. Most of the power of using CKAN.dll is that you can use it to get file manifests (ie: this mod gives you exactly these files), dependency resolution, access to the CKAN registry, the ability to install/uninstall mods using their CKAN metadata, and so on. You may not need any of that at all, but the system is built with the intention that other projects and mod managers can use the core however is needed.

Keep being awesome,

~ pjf

What's new:

• Platform identification fix
  • Tab order change bug fixed (linux)
  • "Missing certifictes" warning added for linux when download fails with a certain Exception.
  • Bug fix for the Logger.
  • "Import/Export" dialog changes.
    CheckBoxComboBox removed and replace by a TreeView with CheckBoxes.
    The CheckBoxComboBox wasn't cross platform compatible...
  • Project rearrangements for monodevelop compatibility.

@pjf:

You are the one who's awesome! CKAN is quite impressive!

BTW everytime i read/hear awesome i have to think about the LEGO Movie =)

@draktheas:

Your issue should be fixed.

Can't wait for KMA to use CKAN's directory! One manager to rule them all!

Diversity is the key ;)

Unfortunatly the ModBrowsing component will take a while i'm too bussy to work on KMA² =(

Hey,

just found something not working with mod import from a modpack.

When trying to import it with the mono version, you cannot de-select any options. For example the modpack contains all the mod archives, however I am forced to attempt to download them because if I choose not to, the "Import" button is greyed out.

hLkNbwC.png?1

In addition if the mod download folder is not created before mod admin tries to download a mod, the download fill fail

Edited by HellDuke

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.