[AnyOS] KSP Mod Admin v2 - Mod install with a few clicks

MacTee

Tried to download RCS Aid from Spaceport, got

See the end of this message for details on invoking

just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************

System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path.

at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)

at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError()

at System.IO.File.InternalMove(String sourceFileName, String destFileName, Boolean checkHost)

at KSPMODAdmin.Views.ucModBrowser.<>c__DisplayClass6.<DownloadFile>b__4(Boolean result, Exception ex)

at AsyncTask`1.DownloadFinished(Object sender, AsyncCompletedEventArgs e)

at System.Net.WebClient.OnDownloadFileCompleted(AsyncCompletedEventArgs e)

at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadFileOperationCompleted(Object arg)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************

mscorlib

Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0

Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.18052 built by: FX45RTMGDR

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll

----------------------------------------

KSPMODAdmin

Assembly Version: 1.3.3.0

Win32 Version: 1.3.3.0

CodeBase: file:///E:/Spiele/Kerbal%20Space%20Program%20.21.1/_KSPModAdmin/KSPMODAdmin.exe

System.Windows.Forms

Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.18047 built by: FX45RTMGDR

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll

System.Drawing

Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.18021 built by: FX45RTMGDR

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll

System

Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.18044 built by: FX45RTMGDR

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll

System.Core

Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.17929 built by: FX45RTMREL

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll

System.Deployment

Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.17929 built by: FX45RTMREL

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Deployment/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Deployment.dll

System.Xml

Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.18060 built by: FX45RTMGDR

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

SharpCompress

Assembly Version: 0.10.0.0

Win32 Version: 0.10.0.0

CodeBase: file:///E:/Spiele/Kerbal%20Space%20Program%20.21.1/_KSPModAdmin/SharpCompress.DLL

System.Configuration

Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.18060 built by: FX45RTMGDR

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll

Microsoft.mshtml

Assembly Version: 7.0.3300.0

Win32 Version: 7.0.3300.0

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC/Microsoft.mshtml/7.0.3300.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.mshtml.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************

To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this

application or computer (machine.config) must have the

jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.

The application must also be compiled with debugging

enabled.

For example:

<configuration>

<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />

</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception

will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer

rather than be handled by this dialog box.

was using the prerelease from your PM.

Thanks! I'll have a look on that.

EDIT:

@cy-one:

I couldn't reproduce your error, but i got a different error, which i have fixed now.

The prerelease link is updated, could you test the new version please.

Edit: Link removed.

Edited by MacTee

I think it has something to do with double downloads, so i limit the download to 1 file at a time for the moment.

i have updated the prerelease, please redownload it =).

Edit: Link removed.

Edited by MacTee

What's new:

• KSP Forum is browsable now. -> Thanks to "cy-one" for the ass kick :))
  • Downloads from other sides than Spaceport is now supported.
  • Open Downloads folder button added to Options & ModBrowser. -> Thanks to "Benzschwagel"
  • Parts & Crafts tab added (Support of renaming, part category changing, craft validating and vehicle building changing).
  • Craft installation improved (now all crafts should be placed in the KSP_InstallPath/Ships/ VAB or SPH folders).
  • Handling of known KSP paths moved to Options tab, to simplify the Welcome view.
  • Mouse thumb buttons mapped to for/backward browsing (Yes now its working :)).

Sooo...

1) yay, thumb buttons DO work :D Even on my fancy gaming mouse. Great job.

2) the "red crafts are invalid" seems to be.. buggy. slightly. For example, HL Airships come with a "Airship to Laythe Mk3" which didn't load because of some Cockpit-IVA missing (guess he made it with one of the nice looking optional IVAs). It seems to find the missing cockpit of the Albatros 3 (no idea where this is from. SPH) just fine... But it marks the B9 BRV-4 Heinlein red (B9.Cockpit.S2.Body.Crew/LFO/Fuel and B9.Structure.L1.Ladder), although it loads without problems).

3) coming up next: requests

3.1) More sort-options (at least please "date added")

3.2) as much as I love to have a table-layout with "mod (tree-structure in cells) | date added | game-version | comment", i dunno if that's possible (tree-structure in cell). So I would settle with a expanded tooltip, that shows the date added and (via right click) a "personal note" for the mod. As it's pretty tricky (read, quite impossible) to really extract the version automatic from the names (too much variance, i'd say), it would be nice to have a note-field to be able to put that one in...

4) Yay, new page :D

1) yes and i found a quit easy way to capture the buttons.

2) hmm ok ill have a look on that.

3.1) ok will come with next version.

3.2) yes im looking for a way to implement that for a while now, but it seems to be a bit complicated .. stay tuned =)

Edit: I've decided to use a 3rd party control and i've found a nice project on Code Project which implements a TreeList.

It will be implemented in one of the next versions...

4) newS page?

Edited by MacTee

4) Just meant a new page in the thread here :D

looking forward to new RCs and versions :)

Edit: That 3rd Party Thingy seems to be quite "fixed", regarding to sorting and other stuff... Well, we'll see how all turns out :)

Edited by cy-one

This is a great mod but after quite a while i encounter problems with my mods. This happen because this seems to turn the ZIP into a folder then plonk it in GameData, which may cause problems, especially with mods that have to search a directory for a folder/sound/texture. For example KAS, it cant find the Sounds when downloaded with this because its set to find at Gamedata\KAS\Sounds, but with this the path to the Sounds folder is now GameData\[Zip File Name]\GameData\KAS\Sounds (NOTE: The directories might be wrong, i had KAS before, but i forgot the directories) so it cant find the Sounds folder. And also its pretty obsolote to me now because i could just put a folder into GameData. This is still an amazing mod though, i love the fact that you are able to manage multiple copies of KSP. I hope you fix this little thing, and i would happily use it.

Thanks for your replay!

Is it possible that you have installed the KAS mod with a early version of KSP MA (v1.3.1 or lower).

These early versioin had some problems with additional folders, but thats fixed since v1.3.2.

You can fix this problem by

1. Remove the KAS mod (or mods installed with KSP MA Version < 1.3.2)

2. Readd the mod.

3. Install it again.

Sorry for the inconvenience!

Wow...Lots of updates in the past couple weeks. :)

Well, over the past couple weeks, I've weeded out and manually deleted around 220 parts from all my mods, and then today went on a spree finding NEW mods to add (mods are addictive...lol) as well as finding that about half the mods I already have, have been updated recently....

Soooo, that means I'm gonna be starting with a clean install and reinstalling everything again....Looks like v.1.3.4 came along just in time... :)

I like the UI and layout. Good Job!

And I LOVE the new Parts and Crafts tabs... :thumbsup: .....Only problem is they are not working at all for me...I get errors and the program crashes soon after it starts scanning... :(

But I'll see if its just an issue with my two current KSP installs or not when I redo them...

And I also have a question...(I hate to hit you up so soon after doing so much work and releasing a new update so recently, though...lol)

When I manually was deleting parts, I found it very time consuming to have to have the game open, so I could see the actual title of the part that I wanted to delete, and in another window, going through the GameData/Parts folders, folder by folder, and having to open each parts.cfg to find the matching title so I knew I had the correct part, so I could delete its folder. It was made worse by having so many mods installed, and many of the parts I couldnt remember even WHICH mod they were from!!...lol

My question is, would it be difficult to modify the Parts "tab" page, in that the program could pull the title that displays in the KSP VAB/SPH, from each part.cfg, and display THAT in addition to the file path, mod name, and category?...(Incidentally, does KSPMA determine the mod source and the category of the part, from the folder structure, or is it already reading that out of the part.cfg?)...And possibly add active checkboxes on THIS page, so you could delete parts from here?.....That would make deleting parts SOOOOO much easier and quicker, instead of having to verify each and every part.cfg manually, before selecting/deselecting the proper checkbox in the ModTree in KSPMA....

And maybe also at least display the part title on the Craft "tab" page under the Parts section in the tree?

Anyway, just a thought... :)

Edited by Stone Blue

I absolutely agree with Stone Blue. I'm currently also weeding out stuff (loading and instability issues), and it's a real PITA to do it "stock'ish" (what's the name... ah... go in part.cfg, wrong part.cfg, still wrong part.cfg... ah... delete) :D

Sooo.. +1 from me for that :D

Edit: I could see an "optional" function to scan a right-clicked directory (in whatever tab), including subdirs, presenting the part-names. that way, neither opening the tab nor KSPMA would result in a huge lagspike when the tool scans the cfgs.

Edited by cy-one

Edit: I could see an "optional" function to scan a right-clicked directory (in whatever tab), including subdirs, presenting the part-names. that way, neither opening the tab nor KSPMA would result in a huge lagspike when the tool scans the cfgs.

YES...good point...

Hi Stone Blue,

it would be nice if you could send me the errors you encounter with the part/craft scan. :)

I parse the .cfg/.craft files, but i wasn't aware of the 'title' tag of the parts. I used the 'name' tag instead :(

I'll change that (for parts and crafts) in the next version, but this may take some time cause i redo the TreeViews right now.

This should improve the overview of the mod, part, craft, backup ... stuff.

You should be able to delete (remove) parts by select them and press the remove button.

The part will be deinstalled and unchecked in the mod selection.

I thought about the checkboxes on those tabs but for now i dont think ill implement them.

Multiselection and delete button should be enough :)

@cy-one:

could you explane the rightclick-scan-function :D

and what do you mean with lagspiks?

Edit: Smal update.

Celledit is implemented, now we need Checkboxes ;)

9851.jpg

Edited by MacTee

Okay, while brainstorming in my room where the sun doesn't shine, I came up with enough ideas to make me re-write this answer post... goddamnit :D

Anyhow, first I have to answer to your last post:

I didn't know KSPMA was already scanning the files and thought, scanning the files could cause a lagspike when so many CFGs have to be parsed. But as that's already happening, just ignore that idea ;)

In addition, please keep displaying the name (for example "title (name)"), as warnings and errors (ship couldn't get loaded because a part was missing) usually display the name, not the title.

Next in line, interface... weirdness.

When trying to find a missing part, I stumbled upon two things.

- I was trying to select multiple entries in the B9-parts-tree ([Mods]-Tab) when... well, every time I selected an even number of mods, the whole tree (dunno, maybe just the parts-tree, but surely more than I wanted to select) got selected.

- If you use arrow-keys and space to select parts, the list doesn't scroll with the part that is currently highlighted.

So, new ideas.

First I have to agree a little with... uhm... Bluesomething? Dunno, yes, too lazy to scroll. Well, somebody mentioned that the new KSP doesn't need as much mods-management than before. I agree, although I'd be in hell with my current mods without KSPMA. Anyway, I think it could be a cool idea to expand it's functionality further. Of course only because I am in the place to make wishes... not having to fulfill them :D

[Parts]-Tab Filtering

I think, currently it's more... "it works", but not "it's good to use". I think, several "modes" would be cool. And as you're already parsing the CFGs, you do have the data to filter accordingly ;)

The following is meant as a simplified tree-structure, I'll just use directories instead of levels in the tree. $stuff means the variable name in the CFGs or the according data structure.

- folder/$category/

- $author/$category/

- $manufacturer/$category/

and reveres, too

- $category/$author/

- $category/$manufacturer

optional, as I think it could be weird

- $category/folder/

This would greatly improve the time to find something specific. In addition, all parts would be listed and you could just open/close the tree-category as you please.

Profiles

In addition to several installed KSPs, several profiles per KSP would be cool. For example, a "playing"-profile which has all the mods and parts installed that I want... And a "minimal"-profile that has only a few mods installed. This way, when you try something out (modding a CFG for example), it's not a PITA afterwards to get everything right again.

ModuleManager (take this with a little salt, maybe I'm confusing the plugin with something else - but this exists)

Now here comes the fancy part. There are a lot of moments when you want to tweak something. Maybe just a "new" part using the scale-variable. Maybe a little rebalance (NovaPunch SAS looks cool, but is WAY out of balance compared to stock (too heavy, not enough torque, to much energy consumption). Or you want to add MechJeb to something... The list goes on. And every time you update something, or delete a mod that changes stock-stuff, you get screwed over. It took me an hour to figure out deleting that one optional cockpit-IVA actually deleted the CFG of the Mark2-Cockpit >.<

So, what I mean are... maybe two seperate functionalities, I don't know... For one, something like ModuleManager (although the simpliest solution should be KSPMA writing cfgs for ModuleManager), where you can browse the CFG of a part (maybe in the [Parts]-Tab) row for row and manipulate data... but without the original being altered.

And the second functionality would be new content into existing CFGs (new Parts with the same model. For example a reversed Infernal Industries Gantry Rail. Or a bigger RTG, or whatever comes to mind.

Besides meaning a lot of work, this might be more than you think KSPMA should be able to do... But I think it would enhance the tool greatly. It would not just only be a "manager" anymore, but also a start for people to tweak their stuff. Maybe even for people to get started with modding (as they could get to know at least how the CFG's work a little better... without screwing stuff up, as changes/additions wouldn't happen in the original CFG).

Anyway, please tell me what you think.

And before I forget it... If I remove a part from the [Parts]-Tab, what exactly happens? I'm not daring atm :D But does the part get deleted from the tree-view in [Mods]? If so, this is another point I would love to be solved with my "Profiles"-Idea. It's a PITA if you have tweaked your mod-stuff to only load the parts and plugins you need... And when you need to load minimal stuff, getting back to your old collection is really hard. Sure, a second (or third...) KSP-Installation would solve the problem, too. But it would be great if you wouldn't have to have that :D

cheers, cy.

Edit: Yay, yet again a new page :3

wow this is a post :)

Let me some time to think about your ideas, please.

But a quick answer to your last question.

The selected part (on part tab) will be deleted from your game dir and the part tab.

The Part in the Mod Selection will just be unchecked (so you can reinstall it later).

One more thing about the file parsing, i dont parse the complete file. i read it just till i have found the last needed information (tag). A complete parse would take a little longer :).

The multiselect of the Mod Selection is just for selecting multible root nodes (mods) so when you select 2 files (parts or subdirs) the complete mod branch will be selected.

I know about the scrolling problem with arrow keys, but lets hope it will change with the new TreeListView ;)

The Part/Craft Tabs are just the first iteration ill add functionality over time.

Iam playing with the idea of part tweaking for a while now.

(In the first versions of KSP there was a hidden Lister Tab which listed all parts with all attributes in a table, waiting for manipulation, but the write changes to .cfg file part was/is missing ;) So part tweaking will come, but iam not sure about module adding like add MechJeb.

The altenative tree sorting sounds good, but for now you have the filter options.

You can filter the tree by mod and/or category.

A double click on the part/craft will show you the .cfg/.craft file.

Iam not familier with the ModuleManager so i dont know what you mean with write cfg files for it. Ill have a look on it =)

I dont think ill do something like a part generator, there is a quit fancy one around!

Profiles?! Lets talk about them after part tweaking ;)

And at least:

Some of the HooliganLabs crafts are needing parts from the KAS Mod and one HL Part is missing in the current version.

This is the reason way they where shown red.

Iam not sure but i think parts of a craft that KSP cant find wont be loaded.

So the craft could load properly with just some missing parts.

Edited by MacTee

MacTee, i already deleted my old stock and modded KSP installs, in preparation for starting anew. Sorry...But I'll post up stuff as I come across things, and I will have any necessary files ready to send you. :)

Well, I did it again....I went download crazy with new mods...lol I now have 115 mods I am going to attempt to install this time...Should be LOTS of fun!! ... :)

So I just loaded up all the mods in KSPMA for the first time, and am ready to start installing.

I have a small bug to report:

When expanding the tree for a mod, if you double-click on a file to open it, it not only opens that ONE file, it opens ALL the files of the same filetype in the expanded branch, all at once.

I found it because there was a mod grayed out, so i expanded to look for a readme with install instructions. That mod did not have one, so I dbl-clicked a part.cfg to open and see if it had the new or old format....When I clicked "OK" to close the window, there were open windows for EVERY part.cfg in the mod open, that I had to click "OK" for to get them all closed.

Thats all for now. :)

Well, it looks like I got ALL but just a couple mods to install properly the first time around with KSPMA this time....Even Telemachus seems to have installed properly this time....yeee-aaaaayyyy!!

Problem is, I cant check to see if KSP runs properly now....It crashes on loading, as soon as it reaches 3.25GB of RAM.... :( I'm pretty sure this is a hardware issue with my computer...

I did come across a few issues/questions with KSPMA, though.... but I'm too tired now, and am going to bed, so I will post those up tomorrow. I will say, I really like the latest release of KSPMA, though... Very nice... :)

When expanding the tree for a mod, if you double-click on a file to open it, it not only opens that ONE file, it opens ALL the files of the same filetype in the expanded branch, all at once.

ohh dont know where this bug came from, but ill fix it in the next version!

Thanks for the report!

No problem MacTee. :)

Unfortunately, I have more stuff to report, and more questions/requests for functionality... lol

cy-one, i apologize if some of these things overlap things you mentioned in your last couple of posts....My mind is having trouble grasping a lot of what you are talking about, as its too technical for the likes of me...lol

One:

But first, you asked for info on the error I receive when clicking the "Parts" tab.

It pops up a window for an Unhandled exception. "Object reference not set to an instance of an object."

Then you can click the "Details" button for more info, but it does not seem to output this info to any kind of error report that I can find....It does mention something about enabling JIT debugging, though?...which I have no clue how to do...

Two:

Dbl-click a file in tree opens ALL files in that branch of that same file type

<already addressed>

Three:

When browsing to add mod archives, is it possible to have it show ALL the archive types (.zip, .7z, and .rar) all at once?....I found after I thought I selected all the mods, I had missed a couple .7z's, because they didnt show up with the .zips...Thats when I realised you have to select each file type seperately when selecting the archives.

Also, .craft files arent included?...So the only way to add them would be to drag and drop? EDIT: Which I just tried, and it seems drag & drop does NOT work for .craft files...So it seems there IS no way to add .craft files?

Four:

If a mod has a subfolder or file that has no clear destination, the top of the branch does NOT show greyed out...AND, you cannot select a proper destination. Since it is a subfolder of the mod you are adding, you would have to select "Other folder..." in the drop down box...Yet you cant select the proper folder as it has not been created yet...

BUT, when I installed the mod that this happened with, even though the subfolder was greyed out and NOT checked, KSPMA DID in fact install it, AND into the proper directory also. But on a rescan of installed mods, it still shows greyed out...

Sooo... Not sure how much of an actual "issue" this is or not... ?? One of the mods that I had this happen with is the Crazy Beagle 4: http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/crazy-beagle-explorer-4/ Its just a craft file, with one KOSMOS truss part....A small mod... The tree for the KOSMOS truss is what I am talking about...

Five:

I found that MANY of the readme and source files/folders were not automatically deselected. This included the source folders, source files, as well as some .txt files, and .html, .md, and .ds file types. (I'm not sure what the .ds file types are, or if they ARE actually needed for the mods to work properly or not) I see that KSMPA DID catch all the .pdf and .htm files I had ... :thumbsup:

Six:

I dont remember if this was discussed earlier in the thread, but clicking the "Selected Mods" button, ONLY works with currently HILIGHTED mods....NOT based on whether they are hooked/unhooked or not....If this is intentional, then maybe I'm just missing something, but otherwise I dont see the purpose in even having the checkboxes at all?

Seven:

Hovering over the mod name in the tree, most of them do NOT show the destination path.

Eight:

Also, I dont remember if this was covered earlier, but no functionality for sorting the list of mods, at least alphabetically?

Nine:

Is it possible to add a button that toggles the checkboxes?...One click for checking ALL boxes, 2nd click for UNchecking all boxes?...Kind of a pain to go down thru a LONG list of checkboxes and having to do it manually.

Ten:

After all mods are installed, if you reopen KSPMA and it rescans, most mods do NOT show the green "+" icon for indicating an installed mod, AND those that DO display the icon are the only ones also showing "hooked".

OK, I just noticed that the icon is only added at the level in the tree, UP TO, the main folder in the KSP directory (ie /GameData, /Parts, /Ships, etc), and that most mods show a folder level ABOVE those, I assume due to the archive structure....

So this is not really an issue...If you REALLY want to verify the "+" icons, you just have to expand the tree.

And now for some BIG feature requests...lol:

Eleven:

It seems you cant remove individual, or multiple parts of the mod, EXCEPT during initial install of the mod...Later on, if you decide to remove only PART of the mod, its either the WHOLE mod, or nothing at all...

Twelve:

And that last leads me into:

If functionality for partial mod removal is added, any way to “move†the parts, rather than deleting them, and keeping the folder structure, to somewhere else out of the KSP-win directory, where they could then be scanned, and added back into the mod?

I did this manually, figuring if I ever wanted to add back in, one or two parts of a mod, instead of having to reinstall the WHOLE mod.

I have my stock and modded KSP installs in D:\KSP Stock\KSP_win\, and D:\KSP Modded\KSP_win\ respectively. When I pulled over 200 parts from my \GameData folder in the modded install, rather than just deleting the files/folders, I created a parallel directory to the install directory. (ie D:\KSP Modded\Removed Parts\)

I copied over the"removed" parts, keeping the folder structure intact, so that if I ever want to re-add them, I can just copy the top level folder, (or drag & drop it), right back to the \GameData folder. Its much easier and quicker than re-extracting just the need files/folders from the mod archive, or having to re-install the whole mod with KSPMA, (which would mean if I only wanted a few parts from the mod re-added, and NOT all of them, if I re-install with KSPMA, I would STILL have to go back thru and manually remove all but the parts I DID want to re-add.)

Thirteen:

And that LAST one also leads me into:

If the above functionality is added, would it also be possible to add Squad's folder, so it could also have individual parts removed/added?

It seems quite a few of us mod-junkies are going to need to frequently shift around our parts inventory to make use of certain parts as we need them, in order to keep the \GameData folder size manageable.

And it seems that Squad's folder is one of the biggest size-wise, and that it is one of the first folders to get "cut" to make room for more mods.

Fourteen:

Would it be possible/reasonable to add and display the Version number of the mod to the tree?

And an even MORE fanciful thought would be, if KSPMA could somehow automatically check for updated mods, and even install them for you... :D

Conclusion:

Other than a couple of the minor issues I first stated, KSPMA as a quick, easy, intuitive way to add/delete/manage your mods has been successfully pulled off.

The program is quick and small. I also like that there is no need for the "traditional" Windows install method, of adding things to the registry...

Its very intuitive to use, and learning curve is very small.

It makes installing MANY mods all at once VERY easy and painless, saving MUCH time over doing it manually.

It also seems to work excellently to return a heavily modded install, back to a clean, stock install. This saves having to wait while re-extracting KSP, and having to remember to backup your saves and/or craft files. (Although backing those up regularly still seems like a good idea...lol...)

AND KSPMA happens to have that backup functionality built in, and again, it seem quick, easily understood, and painless to make backups with.

Unfortunately, I spent a couple days shopping for new mods, and checking EVERY mod I already have, for updates, BEFORE I reallised that, DUH!, KSPMA has a fully functional browser tab I could have used to download the 100 or so mods I did, while flipping thru a couple of Waterfox tabs and a couple of Explorer windows instead...It could have all been done right in one instance of KSPMA!...Well, that will be tried NEXT month when I shop for a new round of mods, and recheck for updates, since most of the mod devs seem to be QUITE on top of their mods, releasing regular updates....LOL

So yeah, as a basic mod manager, KSPMA definately does the job and does it well....

So yeah, most of the stuff I ramble on about, above, is just a scarcely veiled attempt to weed even more functionality out of an already good program, so that I can be lazier about messing with mods, and spend more time actually PLAYING them!... lol

Thanx, MacTee! :D

Edited by Stone Blue

1:

I have to look deeper into this problem, no quick fix for now :(

2:

is already fixed -> wait for v1.3.5 :)

3:

Show ALL the archive types (.zip, .7z, and .rar) added -> wait for v1.3.5 :)

.craft adding needs a little longer.

4:

If i find a destination for a subdir/file (even if its just one) the root folder (mod) will be black.

In the case of the Crazy Beagle 4 Mod its more a problem of the structure of the mod archive.

You can install it with KSPMA with the following steps.

a. right click the root node (mod)

b. choose Destination -> Select new destination

c. change the destination dropdown to "GameData" -> click ok

d. right click the *.craft

e. choose Destination -> Select new destination

f. change the destination dropdown to "other folder"

g. select the SPH folder in the KSP Install/Ships folder.

h. select (left click) the root node (mod) -> highlight in blue

i. press selected mods button.

In v1.3.5 ill add the VAB and SPH folder in the destionation dorpdown.

5:

I dont exclude any specific files (extensions). The .txt, .pdf, ... files that are not checked are greyed (no dest found). Iam not sure about excluding since almost every file (extension) could be used by a mod. Ok, some files like readme.txt wont be of much use during gaming, but it could be that there is a mod that displays a readme.txt within KSP. So it could cause problems to exclude such files. (But iam open for discussions :)

6:

Yes it works as designed. :)

The "Selected Mods" button effects only the highlighted (blue background) mods. (Thats a selected mod (for me))

With the checkboxs you can control which part of a mod should be installed, when you press the "All Mods" button or the "Selected Mods" button (if the mod is selected).

7:

Most root nodes wont be installed (they dont have a destination). So the tooltip will only show "<No path selected>". Only folders/files that have a destination have a propper tooltip.

Ok the text is a little irritating when the mod is green (some subfolders/files are installed).

I think about a text to exchange it (Any suggestions?).

8:

There is a sort function when you open the context menu with a right click on the Mod Selection (for now only alphabetically). But sort by addDate, version and state will come with v1.3.?.

9:

See context menu option 7 and 8.

A "un/check complete mod" is on my todo list.

10:

Only installed folders/files have a green "+". A folder node text is green when atleast one of its subfolders/files or itself is installed.

11:

If you want to uninstall a part of a mod just uncheck the checkbox of the folder/file of the part and press the "Selected Mods" button (if the mod is selected) or press "All Mods" button.

(The "Remove" button will remove the complete mod).

12:

You can readd the uninstalled parts (from 11) just by check the checkbox of the folder/file of the part again and press the "Selected Mods" button (if the mod is selected) or press "All Mods" button. (This is possible as long KSPMA knows where the archive file of the mod is placed)

13:

Iam not sure if this works, but you can zip the squad folder and add it as a mod to KSPMA (drag&drop or any way you like). You should be able to remove stockparts now just by uncheck the disliked parts. (It could be that some code of KSPMA dont allow deleting of certain parts/folders - if you encounter any problems contact me).

14:

I think about this since i began the work on KSPMA but for now there is no autoupdate/check in sight :( But with one of the next versions there will be a TreeListView like this

esmu.jpg.

Here you can edit the different cells (add a version, note, ...).

and

Thanks for your feedback!! :D

Edited by MacTee

Looks neat so far ;)

Small... mhm, oversight in [Parts]. Some mods use a numerical value for $category. For example the B9_Adapter_C125/SM1/SM2/Y1. They use 2 and show up in Structural. Maybe you can find out which numers represent what and filter them accordingly? Currently there's not even a "misc"-filter, so those kinds of parts only show up in "All" >.>

Bug: When I STRG+A Parts in the Parts tab and click remove, I get a "Unable to cast object of type System.Windows.Forms.TreeNode to type KSPMODAdmin.Utils.PartTreeNode.

In addition, I just deleted the Firespitter's command-stuff. There's a (or two o.O) subfolder in FS_bomberCockpit containing Noseart. Those didn't get removed.

edit: Correction, they did. But the folders are green and the pngs inside are plussed.

edit: Taliar's Spherical Tanks don't show up. Neither after refreshing nor after restarting. Not even under All/All.

Although he has a very... interesting folder structure :D

Edited by cy-one

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.