[0.16] KW Rocketry v0.5

Winston

v0.2 released.

Awesome! downloading now, checking it out!

edit: the pack is excellent, loving the new SRBS and the spin engines in particular. ( spin engines are very nice for my ICBM! )

One question, though - I can\'t find a good ares-1 SRB. I tried 2 approaches:

-1 meter SRB, 1.75 meter 2nd stage.

iCykx.jpg

The SRB burns out at 5-6 km with 150 m/s - not really powerfull enough here - (way) too little thrust for it\'s weight?

-1.75 meter SRB, 2 meter 2nd stage.

GUWPL.jpg

The SRB burns good allright. Wow. It ripped the 2nd stage apart a few times near burnout, when it\'s acceleration was highest. Added Struts for that. But, it doesnt really look like a Ares 1 anymore - the SRB is too big.

So, 1.5 meter SRB? :D

all cheesyness aside, the 1 meter stackable could do with a bit more length and way more thrust, around 350 wouldn\'t be bad, if you\'re looking for an Ares-1 simulator piece - if you\'re not, NP - i\'ll cfg edit one.

ah, and here is one for fun.

-2m SRB, 3m upper stage.

Beastly, but also burns out at 6-7 km height.

xK3Nv.jpg

The Ares I uses a 5 segment Shuttle SRB, yes, the additional segment being the most notable... addition. I believe they also increased the 'throat' diameter for a faster burn and changed the insulation and thermal protection systems.

At the risk of turning this pack into a massive clusterfuck of solid rockets, we could possibly make some longer ones.

I would say make a longer version of the 1m centre stack and leave it at that. I never installed the 3m SRB\'s from your pack, as they\'re ridiculous XD. Just my opinion though.

HOLY MOLY!!! The 3m soyez thingy is COOOOOOOOOOOOOL!!!!!!!!!!!! Could you maybe make a 3m command pod? Something along the lines of a big multi-level multiperson command unit that\'s proportional to the command pod but 3m

Hmm, the 3m tanks are kind of unusable for me. Well, they get off the ground. At 30 degrees from vertical... if you hit space straight away. The engines bounce around for a few seconds than it goes SUPERNOVA and launches the pod assembly across the launchpad terrain followed by much spacebar mashing and screaming.

Hmm, the 3m tanks are kind of unusable for me. Well, they get off the ground. At 30 degrees from vertical... if you hit space straight away. The engines bounce around for a few seconds than it goes SUPERNOVA and launches the pod assembly across the launchpad terrain followed by much spacebar mashing and screaming.

Make a video of that.

Heavy Struts. They kill most of that problem.

Hi,

had the same problem here with the 2m solid boosters - whatever i do either the boosters take off by themselves and let the rest of the rocket stand lonly on the platform, or app one minute into the flight the boosters ripp of the rocket and speed off alone.

Tried packing five decouplers in a row to the side of one tank.

Tried fixing the boosters to the tank with struts, but cant use more than 5 or 6 per booster per side, cause otherwise the booster wont seperate from the tank anymore.

What do you mean with 'heavy struts' - what pack do they belong to?