habcontainer with windows

hi there

its been a long time since i liked a game so much as i like ksp.

im making a low budget habcontainer residence, for kerbals who want to stay and live in other planets, but i'm having trouble with the window

i am not good with english language, i've searched for tutorials and similar topics, found some, but i cant see what i am doing wrong

maybe someone could give me a hint

look at the blender screenshot, there are 3 objects being exported with the fbx to unity, can i do that?

the animation works in blender

it works in unity too, but when i put it inside the gameobject with parttools script, i click play and shows nothing, dont know if it should be like that.

the script only generate the model.mu and model000.png texture file

in the game it works like a normal solid object, i cant even right click in it, nothing happens

thank you

if any volunteer good at texturing want to add texture to my models i would appreciate it, cause i'm the worst at it

21o813p.jpg

I'm a texture person, not a modeler, so please don't get extremely mad and start yelling at me if I'm wrong. For the model, make sure the window part isn't transparent, as it won't actually let you look at the Eva, just make the window blue like the other stuff.

forget it

i've got it

it happens that didn't add the mesh collider in unity, so it was impossible to click-select the part,

the animation and cfg file were right since the beginning

i've just opened and closed my container window in ksp and it filled my heart with joy!

Great model so far :D and I'd agree on what Miniboyss said, and would add that it would be best if that blue tint on the windows matched the blue tint on the stock part windows :) so to try and have all glass' match :D

what do you think?

i was thinking in make all containers as command pods

It would be most realistic as a crew container. WHat could u control with a box like that!? Looking great man, can't wait to build some bases with this one!

I like the shape! And the texturing is fitting. Keep it as it is.

If possible, add a container half the length (as storage room, generator room, med bay etc).

That's what I kind of was suggestion would make for more options when building bases on other planets. Would be nice to see the Sick Bay with a with paint job and the red cross on it.

As for making them command pods I would say bad idea.

thank you for all the comments. here is a new screenshot:

4pzguu.png

i've decided NOT to make it a command pod. i am making it a crew container that you can put kerbals in it and click "control from here".

i am modelling a decoupler to 2.5m. maybe i will do a decoupler to 2x1.25 too.

i am planning to make a second container, i will be something like a oxigen storage, or the red cross idea. sorry my poor english

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.