Anybody looking forward to...

The Destroyer

Yeah looks great, I loved the first one. Anythings got to be better than watching an ancient Shatner in a wig - he was great in his day but his day has long gone. And Picard was never an action hero. These new films are bringing a fresh new look to what was an almost dead franchise.

I'll probably watch it but it just isn't the same as the old ones. Think it has something to do with the old ones reminding me of my childhood and watching them with me dad.

G.

I'll probably watch it but it just isn't the same as the old ones. Think it has something to do with the old ones reminding me of my childhood and watching them with me dad.

G.

I know... it sure has taken a little downturn.

But, for me, I approach it with a clean mind, and a new movie- that happens to have a "title" of star trek :P

Also, "first one"??

Looking forward to it as its one of the few, optimistic sci-fi series I've seen so it gives me hope that the world wont kill itself in World War 3 and that we will have a golden age of space travel. Basically, I like to delude myself after being cynical about the world during the week. But this may just make me even more cynical depending on the outcome.

I'll watch it, but I'd still prefer Firefly reboot.

Seconding this. Especially if they get the original cast again.

On the other hand, as great as Nathan Fillion being awesome as Captain Reynolds would be, it would cut down on the time for Nathan Fillion to be awesome as Richard Castle, or the possibility for Nathan Fillion to be awesome as Nick Drake. I'm torn...

I'll probably see it, because it's Star Trek, but I am not holding my breath.

My issue, and this is a new thing for me (I seem to be running out of my formerly massive quantities of suspension of disbelief that allowed to ignore physics, plot holes, and generic trends), is that I feel like I have seen pretty much the entire trailer before, as a hodge podge of scenes from a whole bunch of other movies. The city reminds me a lot of Minority Report and I Robot, and the helicopter screams Terminator 2. Most of the other stuff is not iconic enough in my mind to spark the memory of particular movies, though many of the actors seem to be filling similar roles (and I don't even know who they are). The plot is also pretty generic, to the point where between that, the blue tint, and the movies the trailer seems to be ripping off, I have a pretty solid grasp of the story arc, minus the romantic subplot I don't care about (I have a guess on that too though).

Also, for a Firefly reboot, I would be willing to take Matt Passmore (the Glades) instead of Nathan Fillion, but he is the only concession I think would work. Actually, when I first saw firefly, I actually thought it was Matt Passmore since I find the actors to look and sound a lot alike, and also because they are acting in the same way (the characters aren't really similar, but they carry themselves and interact with people in very much the same way).

Edited by Randox

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.