[v1.2]KSP - Silisko Edition

NovaSilisko

This pack has inspired me to create a 'long-term' research station:

PRESENTING, THE ANDROMEDA STATION

First off, a profile of the station:

Here you can see, from top to bottom, the observation pods, solar batteries, the main quarters and station, the life sustainment silos, orbital adjustment engines(or they will be, I\'m using cheat engines for now for orbiting,) and the engineering bays.

xnW0Z.png

The life sustainment silos in more detail:

XulPi.png

The solar batteries, observation pods, main quarters, and inner fuel pods, in more detail:

sdYrI.png

The EVA hatches are also located with the observation pods.

Just to clarify, you were building the space station for it\'s own sake and you used cheaty engines to get it in orbit? Meh, fine with me, the station looks awesome and we can\'t do orbital module assembly yet.

That is only a research station. You should see my space stations. I have to stand them up with transparent parts so that they won\'t collapse, or collide with the launchpad tower.

My other craft created with this pack include:

Ganymede, a Satellite

Helios XII, a Mun Lander

Shakuras XIV, A weird orbiting thing that started out as a space shuttle

Sounding XVI, For escape velocity, orbiting and ballistic atmospheric ramming.

The numerals indicate the largest number of propulsion systems firing at any one time.

This might be offtopic, but NovaSilisko, are you THE NovaSilisko for the Factum Solus Beta Testing team?

Cause if you are then i should have already known you since i am part of it XD

If not then im going to be sadface.

Can you add the parts to your main parts pack please? I would love you long time for it.

Or, may i ask why you started a brand new thread?

KSP Silisko Edition is balanced and has config values entirely different than mods for the main KSP parts.

Can you add the parts to your main parts pack please? I would love you long time for it.

Or, may i ask why you started a brand new thread?

Weight factors are more realistic. normal KSP actually makes Single stage to orbit ridicilously easy, and staging is very inefficient due to the ( relative ) weight of the decouplers and engines.

Why are the ki, kp, and kd values for the advanced SAS so low? They don\'t seem to actually affect the craft at all, and, looking in the files, are around 1/50 of the default.

I haven\'t really paid much attention to ASAS since it\'s not as useful right now. Once we get engine gimballing, then I can tweak it properly.

I haven\'t really paid much attention to ASAS since it\'s not as useful right now. Once we get engine gimballing, then I can tweak it properly.

Useless!Useless! ASAS might be one of the most useful parts out there because it makes the ship much more stable than the normal ones( if you have wings, rcs and such)

I just registered an account to say that after 5 months of playing this (awsome) game :P

EDIT: Also to ppl who want to use the original ASAS just dont delete the Old one and dont put the new one in

I know that 2m is the planned limit for fuel tanks in this pack, but any chance of a slightly-larger fairing set for covering up lander legs? (Or perhaps legs that don\' stick out so far, though that would sacrifice landability.)

Love this pack. Also; I have my experimental munar lander (and the rest of the rocket) all ready to go for when we get the mun.

For anyone wondering, here\'s my stack:

[lander]

Parachute

Pod

ASAS

RCS Tank - 4x heavy RCS

Compressed fuel tank

Compressed fuel tank || 4x radial decouplers, with lander legs attached

Landing Engine

This lander will (in theory, anyway) have sufficient fuel to go from a circular munar orbit slingshot orbit to the surface, land, and return safely to Kerbin using just its two fuel tanks and the heavy RCS. The heavy RCS also, if it has sufficient fuel remaining, can be used to brake the lander so that the whole assembly survives a water landing. I know the weight savings is ridiculously small, and may actually be a net weight gain, but jettisonable lander legs (staged off just after beggining munar ascent) are aesthetically appealing, and the decouplers give it a slightly wider (and therefore more stable) base when landed. Since it was impractical and unweildly to have a two-stage lander as seen with Apollo, I chose the next best option. Remember rule 1 of rocketry, peeps; if you don\'t need it, drop it. 'No, Jeb, you DO actually need Bill and Bob for the return trip.'

[stage 2]

Linear Decoupler (also attached are 4x connecting struts between the decoupler and the lander)

RCS Tank

RCS Tank

FL-TX

FL-T800 || 4x heavy RCS

LV-T600

Linear Decoupler

Engine Fairing Assembly

[stage 1 + Boosters]

FL-T1600

FL-T1600

FL-T1600 || 4x AV-R8 || 8x long linear decouplers || 8x RT-B20

Large Bertha

Throttle the bertha up to about one third, light off first stage. Try and make about 80 degree pitch by booster separation, then gently maneuver her into orbit at roughly 100x100km. This should leave you with about a half-tank left in stage 2, which I\'m assuming should be enough for TMI and MOI.