What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

I got my first space plane into orbit! Bill was happy, until I overshot the KSC and tried to correct it, ran out of fuel, started spinning, pulled out at 2 km up, tried to soft land it on water, at least some bits would survive, it decided to nose up, stall, spin, and crash, so bill bailed out, and survived. The four intakes also survived. They became bouncy balls and showed no sign of slowing after 10 minutes.

In short, making an orbit capable Delta wing biplane, getting into orbit, and crashing into the sea because it spins if you hold down the controls (pitch, yaw or roll) and bull survived it with the pillow he snuck onboard, in which he snuck some snacks.

I also worked on my Panther tank design.

I got my first space plane into orbit! Bill was happy, until I overshot the KSC and tried to correct it, ran out of fuel, started spinning, pulled out at 2 km up, tried to soft land it on water, at least some bits would survive, it decided to nose up, stall, spin, and crash, so bill bailed out, and survived. The four intakes also survived. They became bouncy balls and showed no sign of slowing after 10 minutes.

In short, making an orbit capable Delta wing biplane, getting into orbit, and crashing into the sea because it spins if you hold down the controls (pitch, yaw or roll) and bull survived it with the pillow he snuck onboard, in which he snuck some snacks.

I also worked on my Panther tank design.

You most likely were going to slow and it got sucked into a spin. I don't use much yaw in a turn either as it will cause this as well.

Been a while since I did anything in KSP, but today I decided I'm going to go back to Mars, realism style. For this I need the SLS. I don't really fancy the procedural parts, so I began to model it in Maya. It's the first time I'll be dabbling in modding for KSP. Hopefully there wont be to many hiccups =P

SLS2.jpg

Edited by maccollo

I took my PERL (Planetary Exploration Rover Lab, not that there's much of a lab...) out for a spin on the Mun, and climbed out of the great crater:

The Little Rover That Could

Big slope, big climb! It performed so much better then I expected ( I never expected it to climb 4k without any problem, except for the last 40+ degree bit.)

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Been a while since I did anything in KSP, but today I decided I'm going to go back to Mars, realism style. For this I need the SLS. I don't really fancy the procedural parts, so I began to model it in Maya. It's the first time I'll be dabbling in modding for KSP. Hopefully there wont be to many hiccups =P

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/22015656/SLS2.jpg

Ooh, that looks good. Are you planning on using the Boeing six peices mission profile?

Lets see...

-Developed an improved huge-scale lifter along with a refueler, launched it into orbit and used it to refuel my interplanetary booster for future use.

UyADCYn.jpg

gkzF40E.jpg

-Project Luna arrived on the Mun, and distributed the probes. Details soon.

mLUjDZY.jpg

-Made and launched this thing:

5yCZKIc.jpg

i made my land crawler do a 60km hop accross teh mun to put together the kethane & power modules, as well as to fill and attach the fuel canister to the tug, then launch to mun orbiter.

qBOhVEL.jpg

I forgot spare struts from KAS so I secured the thing i used as a tug from underneath with the robotic arm but it made it a bit unbalanced.

uACK0DA.jpg

Kinda all over the map today. Experimenting with B9 and Far again. Gotta figure out why radically reinforced planes blowing up. I'm a newb with the mod. Comments on the finer art of nonexplosive reentry are welcome. I commonly encounter a progressive oscillation where SAS control inputs become extreme and shred the plane and well as wing flapping......

Otherwise here is a preview of the days activities.

Fleshing out the old Valkyrie again. A few decorative panels still missing to flesh out the wing structure, but it's mostly there.

cfhm2vN.png

zCrYNHi.png

A well behaved plane that flies beautifully until sudden shredding on reentry. Puzzling since I do not have the DRE mod.

YGCvEPh.png

A wickedly fast little girl....

WDvCqbz.jpg

Fleshing out a Jool system ship that I may fire off for a Jool 5 challenge. The tug piece of the lego plane moves pieces around....

3b6JU5i.png

A tylo lander flies back to its tug for the long haul..

1o1L2ku.jpg?1

Connecting to a tug from the prior mission. Sadly the previous pilot had no need of it anymore.

dc7GNE1.png?1

Edited by sumrex

Just used Inigma´s STS-4 to rescue crew and cargo from the last STS-2 failed mission. Such an amazing STS btw!

Javascript is disabled. View full album

- - - Updated - - -

@macollo, that render is so cool.. keep up the good work!

Simply beautiful!

You rock for checking it out! Glad you like the craft! It's all yours! What'd you name her?