TT's Mod Releases - Development suspended till further notice

TouhouTorpedo

I'll get KSP 0.20 tonight and have a fiddle with it, see what needs updating.

Also thanks for being as prompt as ever at every new release CleverWalrus. If 0.5 doesn't work at the moment (i dont know yet, not tried it don't have 0.20 yet!) then at least 0.4 will probably be playable. probably. maybe. no idea.

Also thanks for being as prompt as ever at every new release CleverWalrus. If 0.5 doesn't work at the moment (i dont know yet, not tried it don't have 0.20 yet!) then at least 0.4 will probably be playable. probably. maybe. no idea.

Well, I have a couple of ideas with the MK4 now. I can't wait to test this idea in practice. :cool:

Well, after squad introduced "stock" wheels i think CleverBobCat and the old "tosh" wheels is not needed anymore, anyway, as long as i see other mods using it i'll try to keep it working, sincerely i think everyone should just abandon it but legacy stuff sometimes is fun :)

Well, after squad introduced "stock" wheels i think CleverBobCat and the old "tosh" wheels is not needed anymore,

Its not true.

People still use old rovers and other wheels plugins.

So you updated the mods to the .20 CFG? Well, it will take time to answer, so why not see myself? (Edit: You did not, but now I did. Now I'm just testing the MK4.) (Edit2: Yes! The parts loaded! Now to see if they actually work!) (Edit3: Yup, they work!)

Edited by 42undead2

Nah I haven't updated the CFG's, but I am playing with parts in 0.20 without any changes. Seems the back compatibility works fine.

Are there any mods that have had problems then? It doesn't seem the update has broken anything to me.

Just because it works with backward compatibility doesn't mean you shouldn't update it to the newest spec. The old system is deprecated, which means it will likely be removed at some point in the future. Furthermore, IIRC the old system doesn't support the new resource loading methods, so it won't be as efficient (I could be wrong about that however).

In my opinion b9 is "shinny" but I do suffered a lot of bugs (eg. the HW21 large wing explode after a warp) using that pack. Mk3/Mk4 mods instead worked perfectly since the first download. The MK3 has something that is NOT present on the B9 (eg the docking module, the mission control module, a decent 6 crew module. The MK4 is unbeatable and my most successful craft was assembled around this mod.

Maybe this will drive on a successful mix, but no offense, following my experience with B9 , your plane without the "hard to trim" b9 wings probably was ready.

Yea saw the bugs coming and avoided to pack until it had an update or 2. Plenty of people's pics to drool over/pass the time so I never had any of those bugs. Im not really a big Spaceplane designer usually. I've usually used capsules to get crew to or from orbit of worlds with atmospheres and my cargoes have yet to exceed my heavy lift designs. I've only ever used a super heavy rocket design once. That said I've found my "stock wing" version of this same craft even harder to balance. Here's hoping I can finish it in .20 now.:)

Nah I haven't updated the CFG's, but I am playing with parts in 0.20 without any changes. Seems the back compatibility works fine.

Are there any mods that have had problems then? It doesn't seem the update has broken anything to me.

Hmm, I can't run the Modular Mutiwheel's ball bearing.

I may need to try again though.

Installed mechjeb2 and it still freezes when loading DRBallbreaing. Mechjeb2 only came with MechJeb2.dll. No Mumech.dll.

Ah jeez, didn't know this. I'll see if the old Mechjeb dll works. I can't see why it shouldn't. If it does I'll talk to R4M0N about potentially packing it or ripping the module. Ripping the module would benefit the mod anyway, as it could potentialy be tweaked (ie get rid of the GUI, since it isn't needed for this purpose)

Hey TT, after updating the .cfg files, I managed to get everything to load and working but the DamnedRobotics parts (Ballbearing & Loose Hinge, didn't load at all since DR hasn't been updated yet). The only other problem I came across was the Tailwheel had no texture. I'll get it all zipped up and sent to ya if it'll make it a little easier for you to get this great mod workin' again.

As for the issue with freezing while trying to load the Ballbearing, I didn't have that issue after updating the .cfg's. I'm currently using the MechJeb v2.0.8, without MuMech.dll.

Edited by GhostChaser

Hey TT, after updating the .cfg files, I managed to get everything to load and working but the DamnedRobotics parts (Ballbearing & Loose Hinge, didn't load at all since DR hasn't been updated yet). The only other problem I came across was the Tailwheel had no texture. I'll get it all zipped up and sent to ya if it'll make it a little easier for you to get this great mod workin' again.

As for the issue with freezing while trying to load the Ballbearing, I didn't have that issue after updating the .cfg's. I'm currently using the MechJeb v2.0.8, without MuMech.dll.

So what is it you change with the .cfg to make it work?

I'm still confused why some people can't load the parts without a cfg update. I've got it running fine here by literally just unzipping the files of the current version to KSP root directory as normal. Are you all running different OS versions of the game? I'm wondering if the back compatability is broken on linux or mac versions of KSP 0.20.

Though the tailwheel is indeed broken, given it loads its textures the same way as the other parts in the mod though, I really have no idea whats happened here.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.