My First Mission to the Mun!

KissSh0t

Launching a small rocket aircraft from a fast air breathing flying wing!!!… This took me so long to build (゜-゜)

The idea was to launch the rocket aircraft into orbit around Kerbin, then switch back to the flying wing, land it safely, then switch to the small rocket aircraft and fly it to the mun. Although it didn’t exactly go as planned.

First I couldn’t regain control of the flying wing, and it crashed into the ocean, that’s okay I guess it was a UAV so no Kerbals were killed.

I then proceed to Shoot for the mun. Then I got closer.. Then Closerrrr… Thennn… I hit the mun.... Reason.. I ran out of fuel right before touchdown..

But!!! Jebediah Kermin Survived!! The cockpit for my ship survived the impact, although the rest of the ship bounced off sideways and exploded.

Well, Guess I’ll have to send another ship to save Jebediah (~° ▽ °)~

tumblr_mnhw1bFrxY1r2k180o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mnhw1bFrxY1r2k180o2_1280.jpg

tumblr_mnhw1bFrxY1r2k180o3_1280.jpg

tumblr_mnhw1bFrxY1r2k180o4_1280.jpg

tumblr_mnhw1bFrxY1r2k180o5_1280.jpg

tumblr_mnhw1bFrxY1r2k180o6_1280.jpg

tumblr_mnhw1bFrxY1r2k180o7_1280.jpg

tumblr_mnhwbvoRMK1r2k180o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mnhwbvoRMK1r2k180o2_1280.jpg

tumblr_mnhwbvoRMK1r2k180o3_1280.jpg

tumblr_mnhwbvoRMK1r2k180o4_1280.jpg

tumblr_mnhwbvoRMK1r2k180o5_1280.jpg

tumblr_mnhwbvoRMK1r2k180o6_1280.jpg

tumblr_mnhwbvoRMK1r2k180o7_1280.jpg

tumblr_mnhwbvoRMK1r2k180o8_1280.jpg

That's impressive! Are you going to stick with a space plane for the rescue mission, or go with a lander?

I'm not sure yet xD

I need to rethink the Mun Lander part of the ship... Maybe if I get there with it I could stick Jeb on a chair and fly back to Kerbin : D

That escalated quickly. Congrats on surviving though. And taking a plane there as your first mission. Way better than I did.

"That escalated quickly." That is exactly what went through my mind when I got Jeb out of the Cockpit... What a rush though... This game is fun..

Edited by KissSh0t
spelling

tumblr_mnhwbvoRMK1r2k180o6_1280.jpg

I like scenes like this with Jeb still in awe at something even though a major catastrophe had occurred :D A good skit would be like this...

Jeb: Oh my god...this is Jebediah to Ground Control...you won't believe what I found! It appears to be traces of an advanced civilization, some kind of metallic beam of sorts. Ground control, are you getting the image?

GC: Uh Jeb, that's uh, one of your landing struts...

Jeb: Oh...cool...

Make a lander that is docked to the back of a spaceplane. Get to the mun, land, rescue, rendezvous, dock, renter kerbin's atmosphere, fly to ksc. Or something ha, have fun with it, that's what counts.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.