Duncan of the Yogscast has begun a KSP series

Rockhem

So there will be newbs in the forums. Who cares? That's part of why they're here, so that people who need help with the game can get it. If their "howz do I get into orbitz?" questions annoy you, then simply ignore them and let someone else answer. It's not complicated.

I been waiting since 0.15 for someone from yogscast to play. Ridgedog actually first to play on his livestream (twitch.tv/ridgedog), yes he is part of yogscast.

Millons of new player to come! YOU BEEN WARMED

I find it interesting that people often hold up this community as one of the friendliest and nicest, when every time someone who is well known plays the game these threads appear with people getting angry that new players will be coming. So at this point I would say that no, this community is not going to go downhill because of new players joining the game after seeing the game on yogscast or nerd^3 or whatever, the community will go downhill because of these people who think they are better than new players just because they have been here longer and don't want anyone else to enjoy this great game.

I find it interesting that people often hold up this community as one of the friendliest and nicest, when every time someone who is well known plays the game these threads appear with people getting angry that new players will be coming. So at this point I would say that no, this community is not going to go downhill because of new players joining the game after seeing the game on yogscast or nerd^3 or whatever, the community will go downhill because of these people who think they are better than new players just because they have been here longer and don't want anyone else to enjoy this great game.
Just take a look in the tutorials and the welcome section there are enough nice guys in this forum.

It'll be fine, if anyone doesn't like the game or finds it too hard, they'll more than likely just leave it, so there really isn't much to be worrying about, player wise.

SQUAD get more sales from publicity, so that's good.

Kurt plays this game science 0.13.

Yes, I'm not saying its anything new, I'm saying the community is used to a popular youtuber with a focus somewhere other then KSP attracting fans from other games, and everything has turned out all right.

It isn't the fact it will bring new people that bothers part of the community, it is where they come from that bothers people. There is a chunk of the ksp community that has a disdain for the "casual minecraft crowd" as they call it. Basically there is two definitions for this: People that like dumbed down and easy games and will latch on to a new indie-alpha game. When they find out it isn't as easy to get into like minecraft they will try to cry out and force their opinion on devs to make the game easier to accommodate them. Then there are the fans who will fanatically and blindly support the game and developers no matter what, and any kind of criticism or suggestions, whether constructive or not is shouted down and the poster of the criticism is attacked by the fanatical fanbase. On the latter, though a dedicated fanbase is a good thing, these kinds of fans will look over any game bug (and not report it), and basically see the dev team as people who can do no wrong and make no mistakes and anyone that might point out mistakes or bugs are either mistaken, trolls or haters.

The community sees these people as mostly coming from the fanbase of minecraft and whenever someone that is well known in the minecraft fanbase makes a video or does a stream featuring KSP, the community becomes nervous that the KSP fanbase will slowly (or quickly) be overtaken by these more casual players and they will attempt to pressure the developers into changing the game to make it more easier.

How about the people who played Minecraft first and like KSP a lot (like me)? :P

Always good for new players but I just don't want them to ruin this place. This is the only forum I have ever really got into and I don't want it to change.

The main problem I think might become of these forums is "famous" people, a lot of content on websites such as Youtube and Twitch TV has been trodden down by people climbing higher and higher into the sky of fortune. I've noticed that as people become more famous equally amazing people are being pushed to the bottom of the food chain because they did not have a stroke of luck like the others. But it is not even that, the problem begins when these people start taking over sites and using their fans as some kind of weapon to bend the community to their will(and no I'm not saying that all do). A lot of the time fans do it themselves, "You're copying (insert famous youtuber here)" "You're just trying to be like them" "be original" (All things I have seen). Thankfully though this is a somewhat difficult game that requires patients (a thing that a lot of these trolls don't have) and so trolls have mostly stayed off of the forum and only appeared at a minimum. From what I have noticed people think that because some famous youtuber (Duncan) plays this game, 12 year old trolls from all over the galaxy are suddenly going to appear out of thin air and spamming the forums, and raising their chosen ones high into the sky crushing all others. I can assure you THIS WILL NOT HAPPEN! As I previously stated most trolls stay off of this website and don't play the game (unlike Minecraft... Bless your soul). The forums are a tame place where people can share Ideas and learn new things, there are no "famous people" on these forums (Besides Devs. but c'mon that's not an argument) and any people you claim to be are probably unknown to many. All new people that play this game have PATIENTS AND GOOD WILL and they are nothing to be afraid of, people need to stop being selfish and let other people enjoy this fabulous game! :D

I been waiting since 0.15 for someone from yogscast to play. Ridgedog actually first to play on his livestream (twitch.tv/ridgedog), yes he is part of yogscast.

Millons of new player to come! YOU BEEN WARMED

Actually, Sips first played it in .13 with a two part "Evening with Sips".

Two things: we were all newbies once, mucking abiut for hours trying to get to the mun, but the ones that stuck at it and achieved it, went to Duna, then to Jool, then learned to dock. The fact that KSP has a difficulty curve that is intimidating at first. This should keep newbies away.

Second, echoing people above is that it will bring new money, and if the mod team is worth their salt (they are) we have noting to worry about. This will keep the :OMG LOLOLOLL EXPLOSIONS HOW DO I ORBIT WITH MY 200 SRB ROCKET? Threads away.

I'm going to put this thread back on track and instead of arguing over whether or not new players are a good thing... I'm actually going to discuss about Duncan's series.

He doesn't even know that there is a whole solar system to explore, he thinks that it is only the Mun that you can land on. I hope he figures it out, otherwise his series will end in the same fashion as markiplier's did.

Also, he needs to watch some tutorials since on his episode 2 he did his gravity turn westward into a retrograde orbit

I find them to be entertaining, but they have gone down on that scale. Duncan I have to say is the one that I like the most as he generally seems to research stuff before hand. As far a new players....so long that I don't have deal with (insert annoying 10yr old Minecraft addict here)I'm fine. But Minecraft is what got me into Alpha's, and Beta's, and I like KSP and Minecraft the most( I get to build sh*t). But I know some people REALLY like/hate the Yogscast, and others either tolerate or enjoy(me) watching some of them. Its all your opinion, by the way how many other people have patience for nearly anything but stupidity?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.