[20.2] KW Rocketry 2.4

Winston

A quick comparison of the fairings as loaded with a stock ship -vs- right after I moved the fairing and put them back:

k6yz7i7.jpg

dcwMKOc.jpg

That usually happens when there's 2 parts with the same part.name.

I just got done updating everything to the new filing system, now working on a few bugs including the fairing jettison sounds being broken.

Should have it uploaded in a bit.

edit:

It would seem that it's impossible to make custom sounds work any more even using the same system the stock parts appear to use, so those will have to wait.

Edited by Winston

It would seem that it's impossible to make custom sounds work any more even using the same system the stock parts appear to use, so those will have to wait.

It is, but you'll have to ask Snjo about it - he does it for firespitter, and might be able to tell you how to do it without plugin code :)

I just got done updating everything to the new filing system, now working on a few bugs including the fairing jettison sounds being broken.

edit:

Squad's custom parts are in the KSP_Root/GameData/Squad/Parts folder. The custom sounds are located in the KSP_Root/GameData/Squad/Sounds folder with the sound activation line "custom_sound = action_name" added in a custom part's part.cfg file. In the case of KW Rocketry... the sound activation line should be "sound_kwfairing_jettison = activate" I believe. Note the lack of ".wav" in this line. Your previous KW Rocketry for 0.19.1 had "sound_kwfairing_jettison.wav = activate" and may not work with KSP 0.20.2 anymore. Here is an example of the sound activation line from Squad's decoupler1-2 part.cfg file...

sound_decoupler_fire = decouple

So KW Rocketry should be something like this...

KSP_Root/GameData/KW Rocketry/Parts <------ KW Rocketry parts go here

KSP_Root/GameData/KW Rocketry/Sounds <---- KW Rocketry custom sounds go here

... and any custom sound's activation line would like something like this...

sound_kwfairing_jettison = activate

This won't work for KW Rocketry with KSP 0.20.2? Hope this helps and is correct.

Edited by GJNelson

Aww, man!! I just got the M-410 up and running again, too. That's OK, I'll just have to build it even better this time. :cool:

OK... I'm stumped on this...

I can't get your addon to load up...

I'm running .20.2, I've downloaded and installed it, I watch the loading screen and I see the package loading up along with all of my other mods. but when I start up the game... KW parts are all missing. I mean not a single one.

I've now deleted, redownloaded and reinstalled the pack 4 times. Same thing every time... I see the game load the files, they just don't show up in the VAB.

I even tried to install them the old way and no go... I didn't think that would work but, had to give everything a try before I posted here.

Anyone else have this happening? And any help is always appreciated... Thanks

Working for me... and either I'm misremembering or the parts are actually showing up better organized now. (This does mean they might not be in the same places they were before you updated, make sure you look carefully...)

Edited by Gaius

Squad's custom parts are in the KSP_Root/GameData/Squad/Parts folder. The custom sounds are located in the KSP_Root/GameData/Squad/Sounds folder with the sound activation line "custom_sound = action_name" added in a custom part's part.cfg file. In the case of KW Rocketry... the sound activation line should be "sound_kwfairing_jettison = activate" I believe. Note the lack of ".wav" in this line. Your previous KW Rocketry for 0.19.1 had "sound_kwfairing_jettison.wav = activate" and may not work with KSP 0.20.2 anymore. Here is an example of the sound activation line from Squad's decoupler1-2 part.cfg file...

sound_decoupler_fire = decouple

So KW Rocketry should be something like this...

KSP_Root/GameData/KW Rocketry/Parts <------ KW Rocketry parts go here

KSP_Root/GameData/KW Rocketry/Sounds <---- KW Rocketry custom sounds go here

... and any custom sound's activation line would like something like this...

sound_kwfairing_jettison = activate

This won't work for KW Rocketry with KSP 0.20.2? Hope this helps and is correct.

Alright, it's up.

Please let me know if I missed anything.

Winston, did you see my post from earlier? I was hoping it might help you get your custom sounds working. Not sure it will solve your problems, but from my past modding and programming experience I think it might work.

Hope it helps.

Winston, did you see my post from earlier? I was hoping it might help you get your custom sounds working. Not sure it will solve your problems, but from my past modding and programming experience I think it might work.

Hope it helps.

Yeah I already tried that, no luck unfortunately.

It is, but you'll have to ask Snjo about it - he does it for firespitter, and might be able to tell you how to do it without plugin code :)
Yeah I already tried that, no luck unfortunately.

Darn, then perhaps as Taverius' suggests, SNJO http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/member.php/58909-Snjo with the Firespitter mod can help.

Edited by GJNelson

Going to try Fairings on 20.2 fresh install. Will report back.

Ok here is what I found.

KW 0.2.33 on a fresh install of 20.2.186 (in LEGACY mod folders, parts and such in the base folder and NOT the gamedata folder) I did not have any issues with fairings.

If you have the mod in the gamedata folder you will only see about 1/2 of the parts.

Edited by harspc178

I installed KW Rocketry 2.4 in KSP 0.20.2. When I try to open Rigel 2 Heavy With CSM, I get an error saying a part named "KWsrbCone" is missing. I assume it was included with older versions but left out somehow in this version. Is there a way to get that part?