Down Under Aerospace & Party Supplies [v0.5] [REMASTERED]

Slew

I\'m not sure how you could do it, but the Mei Long pod could use an ASAS module, its a bear to pilot as an ascent/return stage since pods on their own just love to flip out. Perhaps just turning down its magic-force would be enough, or making the engine weigh a little more.

Made a safe trip to the mun and back, though; this was my lander;

Is that capsule based on the dragonlab?

Yep. I\'m also going to add an RCS/ASAS set that will match the Dragon service module.

Thanks for the pack. And your Mei Long capsule (advanced one) is now totally my favorite. I\'m using it for all my ships (disregard the signature :) will fix it soon enough)

You\'re welcome. I\'m glad you\'re enjoying the Mei Long.

I\'m not sure how you could do it, but the Mei Long pod could use an ASAS module, its a bear to pilot as an ascent/return stage since pods on their own just love to flip out. Perhaps just turning down its magic-force would be enough, or making the engine weigh a little more.

ASAS is coming, but I\'ll experiment with some values anyway.

Please make space station parts. :D

What kinds of parts would you like?

Also, Slew, for some reason with the Adv. Mei Long the engine won\'t clip onto the fuel tank.

If you have trouble joining them together, try using Shift+Scrollwheel to get more precision.

---

I also have a question for everyone using my pack:

Which would you prefer?

a) basic 3m parts

B) more 1&2m parts

I\'d like to see some sort of X shaped coupler for building space stations (like some sort of cross with an attachment node on the top and bottom and some sideways attachment nodes.) Along with various modules, airlocks, and some smaller parts that would fit in 2/3m payload fairings.

Oh yeah, and B: more 1&2m parts, 3m isn\'t really necessary.

Mai-Long == awesome ascent stage. All self-contained.

A very gentle touchdown, then, ever so gently the leg broke off.. and, ever so gently the capsule tipped over.

screenshot5.png

Then ever so gently I was able to use RCS to tip it back up onto it\'s good legs.

screenshot7.png

Quite by accident my return approach put me right back over the pad! So here\'s some heavy braking to shorten my downrange trip a little. Not bad alignment for the moon and back, I thought.

screenshot8.png

Oi, oi, oi!

Edit: Oh my I forgot spoilers.

Since the latest update, the ship parts seem really flimsy which throws any rockets I make out of whack... Ships I made before 0.1.2 for the latest version of KSP worked fine, then when I rebuilt them, or even made new designs, I keep running into this issue, suggestions?

Since the latest update, the ship parts seem really flimsy which throws any rockets I make out of whack... Ships I made before 0.1.2 for the latest version of KSP worked fine, then when I rebuilt them, or even made new designs, I keep running into this issue, suggestions?

Can you give me a screenshot of one of your rockets and/or a *.craft file?

hey!

I\'ve been using your capsule in almost every manned design nowadays. Excellent work!

I do however think you should tone it down a bit. And by tone it down it\'d say double fuel consumption or something along those lines.

It\'s working awesomely, use it to land all the way or just soften the parachute descent. The nosecap is a beauty aswell.

However, as said, about 2 times ( at least ) as strong as it should be.

I was making a new mun lander. I always test stuff like this in parts, so I just launched it as-is.

This tiny 2 stage thingy got the capsule in Low kerbal orbit. Nothing wrong there - I think it was around 150 by 80 km? - ( I like my mun landers to be able to hop, get in orbit again, deorbit again multiple times - that\'s why it\'s a bit heavy ).

IH8g1.jpg

For fun I decided to see what I could do.

Q8vGQ.jpg

Whelp.

That\'s kerbal escape orbit, mun capture orbit, mun circularization burn, mun descent burn, and mun final landing burn.

ALL of that from just the capsule, starting at 150 by 80.

I think a thrust of 30 with a burn rate of 0.5 is also a bit overpowered compared to all other big mod packs - 65 with a burn rate of 2 is about the best you\'re gonna get. 30 for 1 ( thus doubling the fuel consumption ) or even 25 for 1 ( The exhaust is angled after all - think of the efficieny losses ) would be better fitting, and stop these 'oh a capsule in low orbit, I\'ll just go land on the moon brb' shenanigens.

( oh, and here\'s the final rocket - quite optimized, gets a heavy load to the moon - your capsule is on top, albeit it is only used for a small cushioning while hanging from a parachute )

V7k9o.jpg

4sjDz.jpg

Can you give me a screenshot of one of your rockets and/or a *.craft file?

The ship I made was basically a copycat of the Satellite Delivery System, and the issue that I believe is causing all this, is that the parts seem to be colliding with eachother forcing it out of it\'s flight path.

The ship I made was basically a copycat of the Satellite Delivery System, and the issue that I believe is causing all this, is that the parts seem to be colliding with eachother forcing it out of it\'s flight path.

Well I found one bug: I forgot to move the thrust origin on my tall boosters.

I don\'t know if it\'s the cause of what you\'re seeing, but it\'s certainly not helping.

I\'ll have a fix in the next release.

Another issue I have to deal with is the dancing 2m engines. Still working on that one.

Edit: Almost forgot to reply to feanor\'s post!

Basically, I\'m going to build a combined ascent/descent stage and a service module to go along with the capsule. Those parts will replace the capsule\'s ability to go to/return from the moon.

Basically, I\'m going to build a combined ascent/descent stage and a service module to go along with the capsule. Those parts will replace the capsule\'s ability to go to/return from the moon.

What do you mean with this exactly? The capsule as it is now is fine - it looks good, the size is excellent, and it has the various parts inside it that are needed. Are you planning on changing any of these? The only thing that needs a tweak is the performance - fuel consumption, that is all.

- also an idea -

if you want to get realistic, set a VERY high thrust but also a VERY high consumption. This can be used for LAS burns, while deep throttling ( also like in reality ) will last you longer.

What do you mean with this exactly? The capsule as it is now is fine - it looks good, the size is excellent, and it has the various parts inside it that are needed. Are you planning on changing any of these? The only thing that needs a tweak is the performance - fuel consumption, that is all.

- also an idea -

if you want to get realistic, set a VERY high thrust but also a VERY high consumption. This can be used for LAS burns, while deep throttling ( also like in reality ) will last you longer.

I\'m not going to change anything about the capsule except for performance.

The service module is going to be a new set of parts altogether. It will be capable of ascent/descent, transfer orbits etc. and will include RCS fuel and an ASAS component.

I gave your capsule a shot. My lunar lander tipped over and busted the parachute on the Mun but the capsule and rocket booster was intact. It lifted off the Mun, and made a successful powered landing on Kerbal.