Down Under Aerospace & Party Supplies [v0.5] [REMASTERED]

Slew

I am having some difficulty with my spaceship - the stages seem to do some sort of swaying dance between the 2M engine and the fuel tank in my first stage, and the interstage / fairing between stages 1 and 2. Is there some trick to preventing this? I\'m not sure if I am explaining it very well - the engine seems like it jumps around a lot, until I lift off the pad.

DZcvsk.png

fxWbRf.png

WLPO28.png

This is what happens if I leave it on the pad for a couple minutes. It also occasionally falls straight over :)

etcGY3.png

Hopefully those help explain it a little bit. It is shifting back and forth very quickly. Anyways, I love everything else about it, and the jumpiness does not seem to impact the actual flight very much unless it jumps so hard that it falls over on the pad. Which has been known to happen if I leave it for long enough :)

I am having some difficulty with my spaceship - the stages seem to do some sort of swaying dance between the 2M engine and the fuel tank in my first stage, and the interstage / fairing between stages 1 and 2. Is there some trick to preventing this? I\'m not sure if I am explaining it very well - the engine seems like it jumps around a lot, until I lift off the pad.

DZcvsk.png

fxWbRf.png

WLPO28.png

This is what happens if I leave it on the pad for a couple minutes. It also occasionally falls straight over :)

etcGY3.png

Hopefully those help explain it a little bit. It is shifting back and forth very quickly. Anyways, I love everything else about it, and the jumpiness does not seem to impact the actual flight very much unless it jumps so hard that it falls over on the pad. Which has been known to happen if I leave it for long enough :)

You have put far too much weight on that poor center engine... Try lowering the SRB\'s so they take some of the weight on them.

You can also try attaching an interstage to the engine, and then mounting landing legs on it. When you launch, fire the engines, throttle up and decouple the interstage along with the legs. Or use KIS connect to help with the wobble.

Ugh, I love the Down Under pack, I really do. It has my favorite aesthetic, it\'s simple to use, and I love how the parts are balanced. But lately I\'ve been having so much trouble making larger stuff with it. For whatever reason large rockets tend to fall apart when either carrying heavy stuff or under a lot of power. It\'s really unreliable to use and very frustrating. The best I can do is reinforce like crazy with struts but that\'s not a reliable solution either.

I think the collision meshes are wonky or something. I opened up the DAE files myself and I notice that the collision meshes all stop short of the ends of the actual geometry. Maybe what happens then is that under heavy loads the hardpoints normally would fall back on the hard collision meshes, but because there\'s a noticeable gap between the collision and the hardpoint, the hardpoint isn\'t strong enough on its own to hold itself together.

• 3 weeks later...

Ugh, I love the Down Under pack, I really do. It has my favorite aesthetic, it\'s simple to use, and I love how the parts are balanced. But lately I\'ve been having so much trouble making larger stuff with it. For whatever reason large rockets tend to fall apart when either carrying heavy stuff or under a lot of power. It\'s really unreliable to use and very frustrating. The best I can do is reinforce like crazy with struts but that\'s not a reliable solution either.

I think the collision meshes are wonky or something. I opened up the DAE files myself and I notice that the collision meshes all stop short of the ends of the actual geometry. Maybe what happens then is that under heavy loads the hardpoints normally would fall back on the hard collision meshes, but because there\'s a noticeable gap between the collision and the hardpoint, the hardpoint isn\'t strong enough on its own to hold itself together.

Ive noticed this too, and I believe that it has something to do woth tye larger engines gimbal ranges, as something with that much thrust puts way too much lateral force when trying to correct itself. Try disabling the gimbal range in the .cfg file and see how that works.

Wait a minute... Down Under?

'Travelling in a fried out rocket/ on a hippie trail, head full o\' alien/ I meet a strange Kady, she makes me nervous/ she took me in and gave me bRekfast'.

Man, you took your sweet time to get it...

Your remark is unjust and uncalled for! Please refrain from similar remarks in the future. Keep the peace on the forum.

Down Under is primarely the nickname for Australia. The modified song lines therefor are funny, i.mho.

Way to go throwing oil on the fire captain forum justice.

I don\'t think slew is going to update this pack. He hasnt posted anything here for a cpl of months.

• 2 weeks later...

I was under the impression that each part needed a mesh folder in them. I don\'t see any mesh folders in this collection. I am in no way experienced with making parts, and this may be a noob question, but will this still work okay?

I was under the impression that each part needed a mesh folder in them. I don\'t see any mesh folders in this collection. I am in no way experienced with making parts, and this may be a noob question, but will this still work okay?

.mesh files are created on the first time running the game with new parts. This enables faster loading the next time you start the game.

• 3 weeks later...