Kerbal EVA jetpack specs ?

I only know the dV, which 500 m/s

With that you can...

- Get to the surface and back to orbit on Gilly, Bop and Pol

- Just get down, or to orbit, on Minmus

- (i think) get to Eve from surface of Gilly!

I wouldn't be surprised if the specs were tuned down in the future, to be honest jetpacks are too powerful, especially given you can refuel-at-will in any ship.

If i recall correctly, shortly after EVA was released with .16, the devs said that they were OP and not intended as "jetpacks". The expected nerf never seemed to happen. Personally i'm not fussed either way.

Technically, if you are on the surface of Minmus or Gilly, you can go back and land on Kerbin using only the jetpacks power :P It's usually called an extreme EVA lol

Yup... Scott Manley (surprise, surprise) did a video of just that...

Personally, I really like the current jetpack d-V levels and hope that any nerf is only to the TWR; I've used the jetpack to save the crew of a Mun mission before by literally having Bob get out and push. (I ran out of fuel and monopropellant during the Kerbin return burn, but was able to complete the maneuver by wedging his helmet in the engine bell and thrusting like mad until we got on the right trajectory.)

Personally, I really like the current jetpack d-V levels and hope that any nerf is only to the TWR; I've used the jetpack to save the crew of a Mun mission before by literally having Bob get out and push. (I ran out of fuel and monopropellant during the Kerbin return burn, but was able to complete the maneuver by wedging his helmet in the engine bell and thrusting like mad until we got on the right trajectory.)

LOL! Have a point for that.

• 1 year later...
I only know the dV, which 500 m/s

With that you can...

- Get to the surface and back to orbit on Gilly, Bop and Pol

- Just get down, or to orbit, on Minmus

- (i think) get to Eve from surface of Gilly!

i saw somebody using vanguards parachutes back from gilly to kerbin but his manuwering was unstopable

• 10 months later...
I wonder whether that's been verified recently.

Not sure of the number, but I've absolutely gone from the surface of Minmus up to my lab in a 50x50 odd km orbit (with monoprop to spare) in the current version. Not much, but enough.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.