The L.O.G. Multiplayer Project

MarkusA380

Do you like the idea of it?  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the idea of it?

HOW ABOUT NO???

I have paid 2200 $ for this Laptop. I am sure some bucks of it go to the support center. :wink:

What kind of laptop is it? If mobility isn't a requirement, you could probably build a desktop with the same specs for around $1200, which leaves plenty of room for a good keyboard/mouse/monitor.

This might have been answered already, but I haven't read every post and the first post was kind of vague.

Will part rendering be done by the server or client? I have a much better computer than the friend I would most likely be doing this with. So let's say I was feeling malicious and drove a 2000-part rover out to near the launchpad. He launches a rocket. I would be hosting the server, so would his or my computer render the ship?

Edited by minerman30

What kind of laptop is it? If mobility isn't a requirement, you could probably build a desktop with the same specs for around $1200, which leaves plenty of room for a good keyboard/mouse/monitor.

This might have been answered already, but I haven't read every post and the first post was kind of vague.

Will part rendering be done by the server or client? I have a much better computer than the friend I would most likely be doing this with. So let's say I was feeling malicious and drove a 2000-part rover out to near the launchpad. He launches a rocket. I would be hosting the server, so would his or my computer render the ship?

First, mobility is a requirement.

It is an Alienware Laptop, because I wanted to have a Laptop capable of gaming.

Well, every client renders every ship. That's the only way, because you have two or more perspectives.

To solve your problem, only ships with a lower part count than the maximal allowed part count are allowed to be launched.

First, mobility is a requirement.

It is an Alienware Laptop, because I wanted to have a Laptop capable of gaming.

Well, every client renders every ship. That's the only way, because you have two or more perspectives.

To solve your problem, only ships with a lower part count than the maximal allowed part count are allowed to be launched.

Please don't force a max part count in the mod itself, or at least make it changeable. I'm looking forward to this so i can play with my friends, I'm planning to race them around the entire planet with aircraft... (And maybe drop a empty fuel tank in their direction to slow them down.)

Please don't force a max part count in the mod itself, or at least make it changeable. I'm looking forward to this so i can play with my friends, I'm planning to race them around the entire planet with aircraft... (And maybe drop a empty fuel tank in their direction to slow them down.)

I meant a changeable one.

Just have the connections handled like kerbal livefeed. Then those of us who want to play with a small group can while those who want to build giant stuff with their friends can and burn out their computers on their own.

Just have the connections handled like kerbal livefeed. Then those of us who want to play with a small group can while those who want to build giant stuff with their friends can and burn out their computers on their own.

Right. That's exactly what I meant.

Have you thought about how crafts would spawn on the launch facilities? If two people launch at the same time, you'll end up with a huge explosion on the launch pad/runway. There could be a system that does not let you spawn f another craft is on a launch facility, but then that one person that always tries to annoy everyone would just sit on the launched constantly. So, maybe a time limit for being in the spawn areas, and then your ship gets blown up/catapulted away, causing much hilariousness? I'd personally go with the second option... :D

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.