And now for something COMPLETELY different

Maynard Kerman is smart. Kerbin Smart. His idea to monetize the Kerbal Space Program could revolutionize the way all of Kerbinkind thinks of space travel. He has implemented STAGE ONE of his brilliant Kerbin plan.

BILLBOARDS. IN. SPAAAAAAAACE!

HcKTRw4.png

rYzi6ND.png

IlFb8kU.png

Unfortunately, Maynard Kerman has not quite figured out geostationary orbit. So, the Billboard lights up the sky of a different place every night. And sometimes during the day. But, at least it is a step in the right direction.

Funding is pouring in, however. Jim Kremer of Mad Money is screaming BUY, BUY, BUY for this type of investment. Maynard has begun to look for new partners to try new projects. The next lofty goal is advertising on the Mun, but of course, who would be crazy enough to try something like that?

These launch photos were part of the press release. Of course, being taken at night only added to the mystique.

PlkIdOB.png

igdUOzz.png

Edited by mellojoe

This was done with all Stock parts. I ran out of RCS propellent at the top because I left SAS on, and it was constantly correcting. But, I have the tiny orange (ant?) thrusters still on the billboard, and some tiny fuel tanks (all full) to re-position it if ever necessary. Not a whole lot of Delta-V onboard the billboard, but enough for small maneuvers, I think.

LOL! I love it!

Now I challenge you to build one big enough to be seen from the surface of Kerbin!

*/me does some calculations

That means it'd have to be 70,000m "big" due to objects disappearing after 2.5km ;p (One could assume that if it was big enough to go from the surface to space... that it just might be able to be seen from the surface XD)

• 3 weeks later...
Anyone else wonder why humans haven't tried this before?

Because for something in space to be seen with the naked eye on the ground, depending on its orbit, it has to be big. really big. really,really, REALLY big. As in "square kilometers" big. As in "Unfeasible large" big.

Unfortunately, Maynard Kerman has not quite figured out geostationary orbit. So, the Billboard lights up the sky of a different place every night. And sometimes during the day.

Maynard Kerman needs to spend more time with criminals advertising executives senior management criminals.

So, the Billboard lights up the sky of a different place every night. And sometimes during the day.

becomes

Reach an even wider audience with DPEN our patented "different place every night" system. Visible 24 hours

;)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.