Industrial Flames & Explosions, Inc. - Version 1.4.2 Now Available!

JordanCox2

What rocket do you guys use most frequently?  

1,385 members have voted

1. 1. What rocket do you guys use most frequently?

This poll is closed to new votes

I just started to mess with this add on. What does one do if they have an issue with the payload fairings for this addon? Seems that every time I go and mess with them one half will disappear and not allow me to add it back. I keep getting left sides all the time.

Try adjusting the symmetry. The Intrepid V fairings need to have 2x symmetry, and the Intrepid SLS fairings need 4x symmetry.

This is fantastic. I have three questions: With v0.13 can you make a version an Intrepid V Heavy? Have you considered making a two engine Centaur stage? Do you have any suggestions on making an Intrepid V 411 stable? With these one could have the entire family: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atlas_V#Versions

[list type=decimal]

[li]It\'s on my to-do list... I ran some tests with the heavy configuration before the Intrepid V was released, but it had a lot of issues that needed to be worked out. I didn\'t want those issues to postpone the release, so I just put the Intrepid V Heavy on hold for a little bit.[/li]

[li]Dual engine Centaurs have never been used before, so I naturally went with the single engine version for the Intrepid V. However, I can add it to my to-do list.[/li]

[li]It\'s impossible...[/li]

• [li]It\'s on my to-do list... I ran some tests with the heavy configuration before the Intrepid V was released, but it had a lot of issues that needed to be worked out. I didn\'t want those issues to postpone the release, so I just put the Intrepid V Heavy on hold for a little bit.[/li]

Good choice. Better is the enemy of good.

• [li]Dual engine Centaurs have never been used before, so I naturally went with the single engine version for the Intrepid V. However, I can add it to my to-do list.[/li]

Agreed. In NASA-speak, call it a 'desirement.'

• [li]It\'s impossible...[/li]

I figured. At least without adding a stupid number of SAS and RCS units.

Do you think you could make a new chute for the lander if that isn\'t already planned? The default doesn\'t really go at all. Also if it lands in water it\'s completely submerged so I think my kerbals are gonna drown.

EDIT: I has some fuel left so I pointed the lander down into the water and it kept going deeper into the ocean. Is Kerbal Marine Program in our future?

I\'d post a picture but I play windowed.

why the hell

did you rebalance everything

i liked it the way it was :c

Why did I rebalance everything?

• [li]A lot of people thought my rockets were 'too easy' to fly. I agreed, and made them a little more challenging... But seriously, if you know what you\'re doing, they\'re still easy to fly.[/li]
    [li]Now that Altair has been released, there is no need to overpower the Orion CSM, since it\'s not being used as a Munar Lander anymore.[/li]
    [li]The Soteria, Odyssey and Centaur stages contained too much fuel and the Atlas IV engine was a little too powerful.[/li]
    [li]The 5 Segment SRB was still too powerful, but I only reduced the thrust by a little bit.[/li]

If the rebalance is too much of an issue, just download version 1.3 again and overwrite the files. If more people think the rebalance is a problem, I\'ll fix it in the next release.

Do you think you could make a new chute for the lander if that isn\'t already planned? The default doesn\'t really go at all. Also if it lands in water it\'s completely submerged so I think my kerbals are gonna drown.

EDIT: I has some fuel left so I pointed the lander down into the water and it kept going deeper into the ocean. Is Kerbal Marine Program in our future?

I\'d post a picture but I play windowed.

Since we can\'t launch multiple vehicles, rendezvous, dock, etc., I had to make it possible for the Altair ascent stage to return back to Kerbin... I\'d be hearing a lot more complaints if people couldn\'t bring their kerbalnauts home after a successful Munar landing :\'( This is just a temporary solution until we are able to do those things. As for the submerged thing... Yeah, it happens. I\'m not concerned about it, since I always assumed missions ended when kerbalnauts land/splashdown. It was either that, or explosion upon impact ::)

I\'ll work on a parachute for the ascent stage and make it look like a docking system. Then, when we\'re able to dock, I\'ll just change the module type in the Part.cfg file. I\'ll release it in the next update.

I love the modeling on the Altair.... but... is it *supposed* to be able to acheive Kerbin orbit by itself?

See my reply to Bigred2989\'s post.

Finally got around to landing Altair. I must admit, It\'s significantly harder than any other lander that I\'ve used. The decent engine, however, can\'t take much stress. Landing at 3.4 m/s, at 10 degrees, then OFF COMES THE ENGINE.

index.php?action=dlattach;topic=3684.0;attach=9026;image

Guest ThatCrazyPilot

Finally got around to landing Altair. I must admit, It\'s significantly harder than any other lander that I\'ve used. The decent engine, however, can\'t take much stress. Landing at 3.4 m/s, at 10 degrees, then OFF COMES THE ENGINE.

index.php?action=dlattach;topic=3684.0;attach=9026;image

Welcome to KSP