Industrial Flames & Explosions, Inc. - Version 1.4.2 Now Available!

JordanCox2

What rocket do you guys use most frequently?  

1,385 members have voted

1. 1. What rocket do you guys use most frequently?

This poll is closed to new votes

Nice. Just saw this today, downloaded it, and safely landed on and returned from the Mun my first flight with the SLS. Although I did have a bit of a mishap after I landed, I sped up time a bit and my lander started sinking so I ejected and made it back only using the command pod with its thruster.

Hey Jordan! first of all i wanted to thank you very much for these awesome parts you have spoiled us with. not just 1 rocket but 3!! and a lander to boot.

What i would like though is for you to make another CSM for the SLS. Namely the MPCV CSM. That would be awesome! I know until docking comes into this game we cant land properly with csm\'s other than putting legs on it but it could be awesome to fly around in. makes it more \'realistic\' than flying around in a LEM.

e40986358465509b41a632e577f224d8afaf17cc_large.jpg

Hey everyone,

Unfortunately, since I took my new job, I haven\'t had a lot of free time to work on KSP. Also, within the last week and a half, I received a ton of work with my freelancing job. Although having too much work is a good problem to have, it\'s not good when it all happens at once... as you\'re trying to adjust jobs, schedules, etc. So, before I continue my work on KSP, I need to prioritize and finish a lot of things. Also, coming down with the flu two days ago doesn\'t help either! I can\'t make any promises as to when I\'ll be able to work on KSP again. Just know that I am working very hard to finish my other projects so I can work on KSP again.

Already tried... Ain\'t happening... That is, unless you want death and destruction! In that case, the 411 setup is perfect for a quick and timely death!

i\'ve added gimballing to the RD-180 engine and... that configuration works! ;)

i hope this is appreciated :)

you have to add only this string to the .cfg file of RD-180

thrustVectoringCapable = True

gimbalRange = 1.5

gimbalRange = 1.5

I\'m not going to believe you without some pictures, my good man.

gimbalRange = 1.5

I\'m not going to believe you without some pictures, my good man.

you made some mess with the quote ;D

anyway...

6781139259_1122fd58e4_o.png

Kerbal Space Program - Industrial Flames & Explosions, Inc. - Atlas V 411 di Lorenzo Giacobbo, su Flickr

6781142499_526e05caa1_o.png

Kerbal Space Program - Industrial Flames & Explosions, Inc. - Atlas V 411 di Lorenzo Giacobbo, su Flickr

6781143499_4c69b42bcc_o.png

Kerbal Space Program - Industrial Flames & Explosions, Inc. - Centaur Upper Stage di Lorenzo Giacobbo, su Flickr

:D

here is my idea

Thanks for the pics. I\'ve been using the first 2 images (along with others) as references during the build. I\'m going to try to dedicate a few hours tonight solely for the purpose of working on Orion. If things go well tonight, I just might be able to give you guys a few WIP pics this week. I can\'t promise anything, but it\'s a possibility :)

Thanks for the pics. I\'ve been using the first 2 images (along with others) as references during the build. I\'m going to try to dedicate a few hours tonight solely for the purpose of working on Orion. If things go well tonight, I just might be able to give you guys a few WIP pics this week. I can\'t promise anything, but it\'s a possibility :)

My Orion spacecraft is just about ready for texturing and then release...

Would you mind at least waiting to see how mine turns out? I\'m working pretty hard on it.

My Orion is just about ready for texturing and then release...

Would you mind at least waiting to see how mine turns out? I\'m working pretty hard on it.

Absolutely! The WIP images you\'ve released are nothing short of amazing! I\'m truly looking forward to your release!

On a side note, what diameter are you building your Orion?

Absolutely! The WIP images you\'ve released are nothing short of amazing! I\'m truly looking forward to your release!

On a side note, what diameter are you building your Orion?

Thanks a lot.

The capsule itself is about 1.3m across, the service module being 1m because I wanted it to be compatible with normal 1m pods. I\'m also using custom sounds for everything.

Here are some images:

As you can see, it isn\'t strictly Orion. I used a blueprint to get the proportions of the capsule exactly like Orion and tried to replicate those awesome windows as best I could. The service module was just improvised.

W5FPy.png

MFYbQ.png