Industrial Flames & Explosions, Inc. - Version 1.4.2 Now Available!

JordanCox2

What rocket do you guys use most frequently?  

1,385 members have voted

1. 1. What rocket do you guys use most frequently?

This poll is closed to new votes

Do you plan on making an Orion crew adapter for the SLS?

Also, couldn\'t payload fairings be rigged as lander legs, which would come open, but not come off?

So that they fold open with the g key? Might work.

Do you plan on making an Orion crew adapter for the SLS?

Yes.

Also, couldn\'t payload fairings be rigged as lander legs, which would come open, but not come off?

They could, but it wouldn\'t make much sense, since payload fairings should be jettisoned. I see this being more of an option for decouplers, not fairings.

Why you don´t add the orion capsule in this update.

Because it\'s not finished. Yes, the models and basic textures are done, but I still need to tweak everything.

Guest meteorite 101

Hey I.F.E. is your awesome Orion Space Craft being released this weekend or next weekend

and dose the solar array retract and extend.

Hey I.F.E. is your awesome Orion Space Craft being released this weekend or next weekend

and dose the solar array retract and extend.

It\'ll be released when I release it, and yes, they do retract and extend.

By far one of my favorte Add-on rockets. The staging is really flawless. Unless of course, you are like me, who damages the lunar landing booster on liftoff, and it flies off in the 3rd stage. Still unaware of this, I come to a steady, but fast decent over the Mun. The rest, well, is somewhere in a smoldering crater.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

All of rockets start to go sideways (very noticeably) shortly after takeoff, anyone else having this?

It works well for me. What kind of designs did you build?

Edit: It is possible that the rocket is too heavy, or the weight isn\'t distributed well. Using multiple SAS and ASAS modules can also cause problems if there are too many of them, or if they aren\'t placed well.

It works well for me. What kind of designs did you build?

Edit: It is possible that the rocket is too heavy, or the weight isn\'t distributed well. Using multiple SAS and ASAS modules can also cause problems if there are too many of them, or if they aren\'t placed well.

I was just using the stock SLS rocket and a few others. No modifications or anything.

I was just using the stock SLS rocket and a few others. No modifications or anything.

I never use stock rockets, so I had to check, but you were right, some of them are a bit unstable, they need manual correction, otherwise they get off from track, but I had no problem inserting them to orbit.

All of rockets start to go sideways (very noticeably) shortly after takeoff, anyone else having this?

The SLS400 tends to the left for me, even with sas on. Maybe because of the asymmetric design of the fuel tank?

• 3 weeks later...