Yet another strike for the typical CoD player

stupid_chris

At least we aren't THREATENING VIOLENCE.

I don't know how it'll unfold, but I know it will be composed of f, s, c, and d-word cluster bombs, "yo mama" jokes, statements telling the devs to fornicate themselves, and threats to burn down SQUAD and HarvesteR's home.

Actually I realy enjoy COD and I am an active player :D

Yes, yes - it's not realistic. I started playing FPS with Quake 2...talking about being unrealistic. It's not supposed to be realistic - it's supposed to be fast paced fun. Thats all.

However, I do admit, that the community is crap and quite anti-social...

Back to topic: Yes, the reaction is somehow similar - although KSP Fans seem to be able to put their thoughts across in a much more humane manner...

I don't know how it'll unfold, but I know it will be composed of f, s, c, and d-word cluster bombs, "yo mama" jokes, statements telling the devs to fornicate themselves, and threats to burn down SQUAD and HarvesteR's home.

Over a such small change? If people do the things you have said, they must be retarded. (No disrespect)

"Spec-Ops: The line" was awesome in some rather special way - but sadly the gameplay sucked. Even though I wanted to play it through I could only force me to 2/3 of the game, then read the Wikipedia roundup...

As said before, I'm a COD player - and I'm 26 and on my way to become a math and physics teacher. So, no, not a COD players are like...this.....

It's just that the illiterate 12-year-old children, lacking any self-restraint are the loudest.

Guest Aaack

Every time i see news like this I feel sorry for the kids.

Obviously if someone reacts so violently on a video game it's because means a lot to the player right? Which probably means that game is the player's life. Which means.. they doesn't have life whatsoever.

I would spend a stupid amount of money to pursuit and sue the parents of those who threat the life of a dev. Because they are horrible at raising their kids.

Not all COD players are illiterate 12-year-olds, and not all 12-year-olds are illiterate COD fanboys. Remember, generalization can lead to flame wars.

A fair point. Just keep the ones who ARE idiots with CoD.

You know, the reason CoD is so popular is because it's designed to be dumb fun--it makes you feel like an awesome hero (or villain, depending on which side you choose) as you run and gun. But when things like this happen, all the fun is removed, and you just feel like a victim--contrary to feeling like a hero/villain, which is the point of the game.

You know, the reason CoD is so popular is because it's designed to be dumb fun--it makes you feel like an awesome hero (or villain, depending on which side you choose) as you run and gun. But when things like this happen, all the fun is removed, and you just feel like a victim--contrary to feeling like a hero/villain, which is the point of the game.

Seriously? You think that you feel like a hero or a villain? Have you ever played a game like COD in multiplayer?

It feels more like....playing a teamsport in school. Like football, handball or basketball. Sometime you feel good, because you are the best in your team and got them the victory. Sometimes you feel bad because....well, you have a bad day and suck, so the other team got the uper hand.

It has nothing to do with beeing good or evil, with the "fun of shooting" or the joys of digital blood. It like playing a game.....wich migh be, because thats is what you do...

Seriously? You think that you feel like a hero or a villain? Have you ever played a game like COD in multiplayer?

It feels more like....playing a teamsport in school. Like football, handball or basketball. Sometime you feel good, because you are the best in your team and got them the victory. Sometimes you feel bad because....well, you have a bad day and suck, so the other team got the uper hand.

It has nothing to do with beeing good or evil, with the "fun of shooting" or the joys of digital blood. It like playing a game.....wich migh be, because thats is what you do...

Thank you for making me feel small and insignificant. :P

I'm going to leave now...

and that's why i don't play CoD. really hate the community of these types of games.

I enjoyed BF3 for a while but then it started turning the same way as this

CS:Go i love and enjoy i play gun game as it's fun and play on 18+ servers but standard servers still this sort of thing happens

At least in BF3 you could turn the chat off.

I really hate all the shooter games (maybe not bf3, it has awesome vehicles , has a sandbox feeling and you can actually snipe). They are boring, uncreative and unrealistic even through they always try to be realistic. I like sandbox games, I hate following those story lines where you are feeling like you are on a rail.

A fair point. Just keep the ones who ARE idiots with CoD.

Well, the game that actually make you fell like a hero or villain is, to me at least, the fallout series. And yes, I did finish fallout 3 and New Vegas, but no, there were almost no surviving NPC's at the end of my stories.

Edited by andrew123

• 3 weeks later...

Probably going to get so much hate for this that the forum goes down, but I think it's fun to point and click on people sometimes. But whenever I'm stupid enough to go on multiplayer, my ears bleed as soon as I join a match. The racists, little kids and ragers completely ruined every COD game after COD 4.

I have to say, I think the main reason I dislike COD is a problem of scale. I say this because I really love BF3 multiplayer.

The difference? COD levels are rather tiny. They don't tend to have the nooks and crannies that you find in BF3. The time it takes to run from one side to the other is usually measure in seconds. When levels are so small, you don't have snipers firing from 300-400 yards or further instead they are firing from 25 yards or less. The levels are designed to have contact between opposing players within 5-10 seconds of spawning or less. There is almost no use of cover or terrain for protection or to move into position.

Battlefield 3 the levels take minutes to slog across if you elect to spawn further back. Snipers are generally hitting from hundreds of yards away. Even if you take the closest spawn it can be anywhere from 20-40 seconds to run into the enemy. If you don't utilize cover or terrain to advance you may be playing Battlefield wrong. Oh, and vehicles. While still not very realistic (realistic combat no one would find fun because its hours of boredom followed by minutes of pure terror), battlefield does have a sense of scale that COD multiplayer will never have.

Sadly, the BF3 playerbase has been going downhill since launch...the Close Combat update really didn't help as it essentially put out maps designed for COD type scale. I wouldn't be suprised at death threats after seeing how mad people get when the stats on their favorite weapon is altered.

edit: I guess this kind of stuff is happening more and more in communities. It almost seems like a byproduct of the anonymity of the internet. These kids think that what they say is completely anonymous and they can't be held responsible for it. One kid playing League of Legends found out the hard way that it can come back to get you.

Edited by air805ronin

I Played CoD, Battlefield, Hallo, OPFP, OPFP dragonrising and OPFP Red river, ARMA II and III alfa and beta, Planetside II, Warframe, Sniper Elite, Sniper elite V2 demo and lot of other shooters.

I ended UP with ARMA II beacuse, all the others just suck big time. They are either too unrealistic (realy? i shoot guy to the chest with AK and he shoots back? Shouldnt he just drop?), too "cool" (gay hairstiles, doublewielding weapons, katanas, handwielded miniguns, or other crap) or dont give enough freedom of choices to player.

CoD and Battlefield feels totaly the same to me. I really dont see any significant difference. I didnt play Hallo too much cause it somehow didnt chatch with my taste.

Only shooter i play lately is ARMA II Its realistic, it have lot of multiplayer and singleplayer mods, and it have huge maps, and iam all into huge maps, and freedom of movement.

But dont worry we allso have our deal of buthurt kids, threatening, Hackusating, and crying in gamechat. Because CoD kids when bored with CoD are triing to play other games but still behave as they are playing CoD.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.