Crew Assignments

So, I was really looking forward to the new crew assignment system. I had big plans for it. But I loaded up today, built my dream ship, and realized... my hopes had been dashed!

"Can assign kerbals to any part of the rocket" my left bumcheek! I can't load Kerbals into the External Command Seat :mad:

Say it ain't so, Squad! Tell me this is just an oversight! Why must you deny me my missile-riding cowkerbals?

the release notes mention it :)

Maybe should have been reworded as "can assign to any crew module".

Or maybe it was released on a rush (which also explains the need for the quick hotfix), this feature was dropped and they forgot to erase it from the release notes. Considering how it was presented by HarvesteR when they talked about 0.21, that doesn't look like a simple misinterpretation.

No, the feature wasn't dropped; you can use the new Crew tab in the VAB to distribute Kerbals between all pods on the vessel. The OP's issue is that the external seat doesn't actually count for this purpose.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.