What are people calling the mountains behind KSC? Anyone got/heard a name?

Tw1

haha, the nameless landscapes are the only real gripe I have with the game. It kind of bugs me that we're limited to "the continent across from KSC" or, as you said, the mountains behind the KSC. There's been a few attempts to come up with a naming system but since they are player driven it only lasts as long as the thread does.

Maybe we should petition Squad for continent names (or designations, if they want us to have the freedom to name them, which I believe to be the case)

I call them the Skyrim mountains, they remind me a little of that game as it's the first time i have seen steep mountains in KSP. I would also imagine there are rocket-powered, flame-breathing robot dragons somewhere around there that attack passing ships and eat them so they can refuel. Kerb-roh-da!

It would actually be a pretty cool feature for career mode to have fixed sectors on Kerbin and other bodies that you can highlight in map view. Kind of like a RISK map.

Then you could have missions to explore specific regions, and rewards for exploring all regions or different sets of regions; like explore all the major craters on the Mun and get a funding boost or a special technology.

Perhaps the regions could even be fixed, but with generic numerical type names until the player explores and names them.

Guest Aaack

Wow I never even thought in give a name to the geography, just coordinates...

Now I can't stop thinking about names 0.0

As opposed to the little green men with big, oblong heads and enormous unlidded eyes?

Kerbals were not designed to look like humans. But I think Kerbin is supposed to look alike Earth.

So, yeah, smart thinking.

I call them the Craggy Mountains of Doom, since my one attempt to land at their summit resulted in the lander rolling hilariously down its side for several minutes while my lander blew up piece by piece (fortunately sparing the crew).

So, yeah, smart thinking.

As opposed to your selective suspension of disbelief? Disregard for the incredible density of planetary bodies in KSP and a variety of other things which defy science?

If the most unlikely thing to you in KSP is the mountains, we're not going to be able to have an intelligent discussion.

As opposed to your selective suspension of disbelief? Disregard for the incredible density of planetary bodies in KSP and a variety of other things which defy science?

I do not find density (which is simply result of scale) or other things annoying.

If the most unlikely thing to you in KSP is the mountains, we're not going to be able to have an intelligent discussion.

I did not write anything anything like that. And this thread is only about naming mountains.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.