Removing crossfeed capability from radial decouplers

I think fuel crossfeed should be removed from the three radial decouplers present in the Structural tab. It has caused several problems with my recent rocket designs, and I can easily use fuel lines to obtain the same effect. Besides, the decouplers, particularly the TT-70, do not appear to be crossfeed capable; no fuel lines.

There are a whole ton of things that crossfeed fuel that shouldn't. Structural Girders shouldn't crossfeed; there's no pipe in them to pump fuel.

Same goes for structural girders and plates, wings, docking ports (especially docking ports, in fact - I've had several missions run where there is a docking port separating some fuel tanks, ready to separate after a burn, when it turns out that the upper stage has been totally used up because the fuel was fed out)

With the stock parts we need to be able to change the cross-feed on any coupling device with an action group. Problem solved! Set an action group for your ready to launch setup and turn off any cross feed parts you don't want to cross feed. The only other option is a complex network of fuel pipes to achieve the same thing. Shouldn't any part attribute be settable with an action group or am I missing something here?

I think you can get around this with the fuel management mod but that requires more parts, no? My station is laggy as it is.... ;)

-Dead

If dockingports don't crossfeed, you won't be able to transfer fuel between crafts after docking, making refueling missions impossible.

I have just tested that, and you seem to be confusing manual crossfeed (Alt-rightclick) with automatic crossfeed as in "count this tank in when an engine requests fuel".

Even with the option you mentioned disabled, manual crossfeed ("refuelling") was still possible.

You can manually transfer fuel between completely disconnected tanks. The option to toggle off crossfeed on docking ports was added so that the mothership wouldn't drain fuel from docked vessels.

That said, a whole lot of designs would be easier if we could selectively disable crossfeed on specific parts...

The waiting for tweakables continues...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.