12 inch Dob!! Is it friday yet?

Buzzkil88

Just bought a 12 inch Dobsonian telescope! Friday can not come fast enough haha. I have been an off and on telescope enthusiast for years and I have always wanted a "big" dob (big for my budget lol), I am finally getting one.

Anyone have a dobsonian? or a telescope in general? Care to share some pics of your scope, or your collection of eyepieces/filters? I will be sure to post a few, once mine arrives Friday.

Got a Meade ETX-70, the computerised GOTO mounted thingy. I bought it cheap at an auction and the optics are pretty depressing to look through. I usually piggyback a digicam on it for simple astrophotography and never even look through the eyepiece.

Also have a 125mm F\10 refractor. I need to build a decent mount for it - I have dark skies where I live but it's often windy and the current mount can't cope.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.