[0.25]KSP Interstellar (Magnetic Nozzles, ISRU Revamp) Version 0.13

Fractal_UK

Great mod, it really adds depth to the game!

However since 0.6.1 my game crashes randomly, does anybody else have that problem?

I have the following mods installed:

Interstellar 0.6.1

B9 Aerospace

H.O.M.E

CrewManifest

DeepSpaceMissionPack (DSM)

EditorExtension (Not in cause)

Firespitter Plugin

Hexcan (???)(forgot what this one does)

HooliganLabs Airships

Ion Hybrid Electric Pack

ProceduralFairing

HyperEdit

Mechjeb for All

KineTechAnimation Plugin

ModuleManager Plugin

NovaPunch 2

Part Catalog

ResGen Plugin

The game crashes and it usually doesn't show any error report or message.

Erm, your running out of memory most likely. I've had to trim parts from my other mods as Interstellar keeps growing. I hope 0.22 optimizes ram a little better.

Also the nuclear reactor can be turned off guys, you disable the UF6 and the reactor wont run, but you have to re-enable it to let the reactor work again. So if you disable it and its the only source of power you may come back to a dead ship.

I have a php script to dynamically trim parts prior to KSP launch, I'll be releasing it soon just wanted to sand away a couple of the rough edges and make sure it works consistently (ran into one last problem with a couple of more obscure mods).

To give you an idea of what it does:

Usage:

-b --tune-building : Tune for VAB/SPH, Disable all IVA, Enable all Parts, Disable UR

-m --tune-mission : Tune for mission, Disable unused IVA/Parts, Tune UR

-e --enable-all : Enable all parts and iva.

-p --disable-parts : Disable unused parts.

-i --disable-iva : Disable unused iva.

-a --disable-all-iva : Disable all iva.

-ut --tune-universe : Tune active universe replacer textures.

-ud --disable-universe : Disable all universe replacer textures.

-v --verbose : Verbose Output.

-h --help : Display this message.

This is what I end up with after -m (with a few UR textures enabled):

----------------------------------------

Total Parts : 470

Active Parts: 136

Total IVA : 14

Active IVA : 5

Total Plugins : 26

Total Craft Files : 38

Total Texture Size : 1186.61 MB

Active Texture Size : 601.06 MB

Total Mesh Size : 42.30 MB

Active Mesh Size : 22.57 MB

Total Audio Size : 11.17 MB

This is what I end up with after -b:

Total Parts : 470

Active Parts: 470

Total IVA : 14

Active IVA : 0

Total Plugins : 26

Total Craft Files : 38

Total Texture Size : 1186.61 MB

Active Texture Size : 713.07 MB

Total Mesh Size : 42.30 MB

Active Mesh Size : 36.54 MB

Total Audio Size : 11.17 MB

I will link to it from this thread when I release it, should only be a few days.

Edited by Conti

I have a php script to dynamically trim parts prior to KSP launch, I'll be releasing it soon just wanted to sand away a couple of the rough edges and make sure it works consistently (ran into one last problem with a couple of more obscure mods).

So with the mission tuning for example it goes through your save file and only loads parts that are being used by the vessels currently in flight? Cool!

Also how are you disabling parts? I've been considering writing up a mod manager (since they all seem to be windows only) but I haven't thought of how to disable mods without physicaly moving the folders.

Also the nuclear reactor can be turned off guys, you disable the UF6 and the reactor wont run, but you have to re-enable it to let the reactor work again.

Never thought of that...good point!

Edited by EpsilonIndustries

Till this Modthingi works.

Use the:

[0.21] Squad Texture Reduction Pack - B9 and KW Packs also

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/51361-0-21-Squad-Texture-Reduction-Pack-B9-and-KW-Packs-also

This additions o shrink the textures of the Squad and B9 and KW Pack Folder, and make more than 1 gb memory free, without gameproblems.

I've changed the VacuumPlasma engines as per K3|Chris' suggestion.

In future, they will only operate outside of atmosphere but will flameout immediately while within the atmosphere. I have restored the other toggle propellant options to the engine, so if you do want to use the upgraded plasma engine within the atmosphere you can just switch over to internal supply of argon or something to fulfill your requirements until you're ready to return to space.

Also the nuclear reactor can be turned off guys, you disable the UF6 and the reactor wont run, but you have to re-enable it to let the reactor work again. So if you disable it and its the only source of power you may come back to a dead ship.

Cheater....

There we go: another day, another conservation of energy bug fixed!

Let's see if I can find you a couple more bugs today... what was that, 3 yesterday? Unfortunately though I'm running out of configurations to test. I think...

~Steve

Cheater....

Dang straight :P But really if there was no true way to stop the reaction in it there is always the chance of a meltdown.

I would much rather be able to shut down the reactor and have to wait a few minutes for it to warm back up in order to come online but that probably wont happen. But I dont think it should be something that has to be done EVA since, if its a probe then its screwed.

Two questions that I can't find in the wiki:

1: How does the transmit science thing work. I press transmit, switch to another craft and press recieve, but the science does not show.

2: I had enough research to upgrade a reactor. New reactors on new ships aren't upgraded. Is this a feature or a bug.

Fractal_UK

Idea here... to go along with Danziboy2's issue. A toggle on the nuke reactors to inject lead rods? Kill the heat/power output but keep the consumption going. No? Just something that popped into mind.

Two questions that I can't find in the wiki:

1: How does the transmit science thing work. I press transmit, switch to another craft and press recieve, but the science does not show.

Click transmit on one ship that has science (100 per click).

Switch to another ship capable of receiving (CPU core / science lab) science

Click on receive science (100 per click).

You only have 30 minutes (in game) until the science vanishes. So don't time warp.

~Steve

Edited by NeoAcario

Strange. Are you waiting a long time before clicking to receive the science? Once you transmit it, you have 30 minutes of ingame time to receive it somewhere else.

2: I had enough research to upgrade a reactor. New reactors on new ships aren't upgraded. Is this a feature or a bug.

Upgrades are done by component, so each time you do an upgrade, you'll need that amount of science.

It's a good idea to get some large research complexes going on some far away planets/moon, that way you'll be able to do a lot of upgrades. Moho, Eeloo, Laythe, Tylo and Vall are all good places for science complexes.

Moho, Eeloo, Laythe, Tylo and Vall are all good places for science complexes.

Wait.. are all of those 12.0 per day from landed cpu cores.. or just Moho and Eeloo?

~Steve

PS. Fractal_UK - Have you considered allowing the UF6 and DUF6 to be transferred? Kinda sucks to have to dock for long periods of time to a science bay when I want to enrich my reactors on a smaller vehicle. Or do you think this is a key feature? I guess 10yrs (3.3 upgraded) for a ship can be long enough... hell, almost 33.3yrs if you're only running at the bare minimum 30% capacity.

Edited by NeoAcario

I press transmit and immidiately switch to the other ship and press recieve. I'll keep trying.

Something I just thought of, are you by any chance running windows 8? If so, is KSP installed in your "Program Files" directory? If the answer to these is yes, KSP will have some permission issues and you should move the game to a different place - otherwise not only will it pose a problem for mods but when 0.22 comes out, the game won't have downloaded the patcher and you won't be able to update the game.

Fractal_UK

I'm noticing an issue with the Nuke reactors. I'm creating excess depleted uranium hexa-fluoride. I'm getting something like 110% efficiency somewhere between creating extra waste and reprocess. I haven't nailed down where. I bring this up because according to the Wiki it should be less than 100% between DUF6 generation and reprocess.

~Steve

I have a request, can we get a 2.5m version of the mainframe computer? it can be thicker or just not hold as much science. Or it can be the same part with tapered end adapters slapped on... I just want it to look better going in-line with the science lab and other 2.5m stuff.

also z not sure if you caught me earlier. I think the antimatter tanks need updated since you've raised the bar so much recently! ;)

I have a request, can we get a 2.5m version of the mainframe computer? it can be thicker or just not hold as much science. Or it can be the same part with tapered end adapters slapped on... I just want it to look better going in-line with the science lab and other 2.5m stuff.

also z not sure if you caught me earlier. I think the antimatter tanks need updated since you've raised the bar so much recently! ;)

/signed on both

I just use a 2.5m CPU core since that's what the model originally was anyways, but I could definitely use/enjoy a double thickness 2.5m core to represent the same volume as the 3.75m version. This would require a new skin, however. *ahem* Zzz

And yeah, I was wondering why the AM tanks looked so low-rent when all of the AM reactors and a few other parts look so amazing.

~Steve

Fractal_UK

Confirmed. After reprocess I'm at 1.20 UF6 and 0.03 DUF6. Am I mistaking what I read about the reprocess in the wiki? I thought there was supposed to be net loss, not net gain.

Day 164 in my text craft.

~Steve

Something I just thought of, are you by any chance running windows 8? If so, is KSP installed in your "Program Files" directory? If the answer to these is yes, KSP will have some permission issues and you should move the game to a different place - otherwise not only will it pose a problem for mods but when 0.22 comes out, the game won't have downloaded the patcher and you won't be able to update the game.

Nope. I'm running Windows 7. The game is in the steam directory.

I have no plans of ever switching over to Windows 8, unless I'm forced to at some point.