[0.25]KSP Interstellar (Magnetic Nozzles, ISRU Revamp) Version 0.13

Fractal_UK

I've have a twin engine SSTO, and a quad engine SSTO, both powered by a AM reac/thermal jet combo. There's a bit of an issue with the last placed engine running out of thrust before the others as you start running out of atmo, but it's no way near bad enough that a little manual yaw control can't overcome.

Yeah, I'll just add another Sabre to make it capable of space flight without the thermals...

Guess the K-90 will just be a crossover plane rather than a straight jump...

Well, until it's fixed I guess SSTOs with multiple thermal jets are out of the picture...

Ballast would solve that problem quite handily, sort of. The bug would still be there, but as long as your center of thrust, mass, and lift are properly arranged, all sorts of shenanigans are possible, as Abyssal Lurker has shown.

mixed.gif

Probably should have just posted these in my post a second ago.

t7qgp7p.jpg

This is used for ferrying AM back to Kerbin when I need it, as you can see it has a little nuke/jenny in the cargo back. I never use generator's on the AM reac's for multiprop vessels ever since that NaNMW bug. But the reason I thought about posted this pic was because the reac's with not provide heat if the AM isn't in the tank closest to the rear. Another vessel I had with 2 reac's/jets on it needed AM from 2 completely separate tanks. So if you have multiple AM tanks move the AM around until both engines work.

http://imgur.com/Xfax0Xn

That's what my main KSP folder looks like. Originally I had Interstellar in my GameData folder, but that didn't load. Where else would my main directory be?

The WarpPlugin, HexCans and TreeLoader folders should all be in the GameData folder. If you look in the zip file, there is a GameData folder in there so that if you unzip it into the main KSP directory, those folders will automatically get unzipped into the GameData folder.

This is used for ferrying AM back to Kerbin when I need it, as you can see it has a little nuke/jenny in the cargo back. I never use generator's on the AM reac's for multiprop vessels ever since that NaNMW bug.

That NaN bug should be gone now, do you have the latest version?

How would one reset the career mode Tree view options?

Delete the tree.cfg file in your savegame folder, should be found alongside your persistence and quicksave files. After that, you should get the option to choose your tech tree again.

Fractal...get ready for yet another wave of interest in your mod.

Scott Manley has decided to do a new web series that, while including a boatload of other mods, is centered around acquiring and supporting your warp drive legitimately and exploring the system with your engines.

- By Scott Manley

Fractal, have you ever thought about adding science transmissions to your science lab? It can carry a data value that builds up over time, one that you can transmit back to Kerbin like you would normally. Perhaps avoid adding a cap on how much science it can carry, but cap the amount of science it can transmit back to Kerbin depending on your distance from home.

This would add a nice challenge touch to a somewhat farm-capable device.

Delete the tree.cfg file in your savegame folder, should be found alongside your persistence and quicksave files. After that, you should get the option to choose your tech tree again.
Thank you, this worked and luckily did not delete my progress!

Love love love this mod. Been having a very bug free experience thus far until now. I built a small space station with a stack of 10 computer cores, an antimatter power system, and an auxiliary nuke power section. I sent two such stations to low Moho orbit. I've upgraded the top three computer cores on both stations (so 6 upgraded computer cores total) and they both show 6 science per day on each computer core. Sounds awesome and should generate a very tasty amount of science. However, the issue I've run across is that neither station will generate science while not focused. My other science stations (just a lab with kerbals orbiting various planets and moons) generate science perfectly while not focused; I'm only having issues with these two unmanned stations and only while not focused.

I've considered it was a power issue, since the small nuke power section is just a little underbudget on thermal power generation, so thermal power will drop to zero slowly over time. However, I've turned the antimatter reactor on, changed to the other station and then time warped and still have the same issue. The antimatter reactor on that test has plenty of antimatter, the reactor is using antimatter and is generating a bit of thermal power (only operating at like 0.01-0.03% capacity). So that station should have had all the power it needed for the test time warp. When I went back to it after a day of timewarping while focused on the other station, I gained no science. I did notice a signigicant portion of antimatter burned, so all the basic and upgraded computer cores were getting full power.

Here is a picture of my MSOSC station: pAwC8Na.png

I am getting a few lines of the following text on debug printout when swapping to the MSOSC stations:

[Log]: dT is NaN! tA: 5.11966133117676, E: 0, M: 0, T: NaN

[Log]: dT is NaN! tA: 3.7263018488884, E: 0, M: 0, T: NaN

I have a unifying station under development that will provide a ton more nuke and antimatter power that I will dock my smaller MSOSC stations to and this unity module has a lab on it so kerbals can reprocess the nuke fuels as needed. I'll see if this makes a difference to unfocused science generation. Hope I provided all the info I should to help resolve this. Hopefully this is just something I've kludged up on and not an actual bug. Looking forward to any help anyone might be able to give!

You know, that might be a stupid question (or not) but at the moment i am just use your plugin to play. Well, i played a bit around and thought, that DT Vista Fusion Engine looks nice. So i finally, after focusing all science into it, i was able to obtain it, only to question myself now from where the hell i get the deuterium.

Yes, i can splash down a lab in the ocean, but i cannot get it up again in that case. So i´m a little bit stucked there at the moment. Is the only way to fly a tanker or somethin like that to duna, get deuterium from the soil and then fly it allll back to kerbal for a fueling manouver with a ship that has a Fusion engine?

Getting close the the Alcubierre drive, one question though deuterium how do I get more I need it for my fusion engine.

Edit: I just noticed that the answer was literally a post above :D but when I splash down what do I need to get it? (which module)

Getting close the the Alcubierre drive, one question though deuterium how do I get more I need it for my fusion engine.

Edit: I just noticed that the answer was literally a post above :D but when I splash down what do I need to get it? (which module)

Science lab should be able to refine deuterium from water I believe. I'm not to that point yet in my own playthrough.

Don't the tanks come full of deuterium? so you could just fly a tanker out, no? You can make a small lander that can splash down in the ocean, load up deuterium and dock with the fusion ship I guess.

no, the tanks comes empty. Well tryed it with the splashdown and reignition, it ends mostly in a catastrophic event. The tank itself is small enough but i would still need some kind of rocket attached to the splashdown lab, then i would need to get it into a launch position and hope that the small tank with a robot-control reaches a stable orbit around kerbin. It would be hard (and from what i tested at the moment not possible for me, at least my ocean close to my KSC is now fuel of debris... :P ) to get a lander with enough thrust and fuel that can first lift the lab+reactor+generator+fuel and fly it safe to a ocean, splash down there without any parts gettin broken and then launch it again to get into a stable orbit around kerbin without any kind of booster rocket.

It could be possible, but there must be a more easy solution? I mean it´s mutch more easy to get a AM-Rocket to run, even with a docked lab+reactor at a startplatform that produces the first 5 days AM and after that launches the rocket, so... i rlly dont get it how to use that fusion drive without to put mutch greater effort in obtaining it´s fuel then you would have with AM, as example. If you think that AM fuel is mutch more easyer to obtain it feels a little bit wrong. Or i did miss some other deuterium sources that can be obtained?

If you mean how to get the initial fuel to the craft, why not a lab on wheels? Roll it to the ocean, make deuterium, roll it back to the launchpad and dock it to transfer? I don't know if that's feasible. When I get to that point I'll share my solution if any.

i built a heavy rover for that, fitted with 2 labs and a big reactor for tritium breeding and drove it to the coastline near KSC.

maybe i will build an even bigger one in the future and transfer the fuel with a small KAS powered tanker.