[0.25]KSP Interstellar (Magnetic Nozzles, ISRU Revamp) Version 0.13

Fractal_UK

The last time I checked, it came preconfigured to work correctly with KSP Interstellar, so you shouldn't need to manually configure it at all. Do you have the latest version? Look in GameData/BoulderCo/ActiveTextureManagementConfigs/WarpPlugin.cfg

I have latest version, tried with basic and aggressive - removed my code changes etc etc..

no effect black bar at warp - since monthes..

It must have an other cause somewhere within ATM..

Does anyone know what picture files are related to the warp trail?

Those warp[int].png look kind of gray-isch transparent-isch to me..

not cyan..

24 huge upgraded radiators for one 3.75m reactor? There is something very not right there. Usually only 4 or so radiators are needed for one of those. Make sure you aren't receiving MW power from elsewhere.

Or maybe you forgot to remove the protective film the manufacturers leave on the radiators. A lot of people forget to peel that off first.

Spoilers

Here is one of my fusion power stations:

http://i.imgur.com/hJ95ojM.jpg

16 3.75 Fusions

24 KTEK or DC Gens

54 huge radiators

18 mediums

3 plasma thrusters with quantum.

I should probably kick the antimatter reactors, fuel tanks, and thermal rockets before I make the circularizing jump, but I kinda like having them around. There is something nice about it being single stage.

With that much power thermal rockets are pretty ludicrous. I get almost 17mN thrust from one! I think it has to do with the bug where, as long as the rocket is connected to a reactor, it can tap into total vessel power. (is that a bug?)

http://i.imgur.com/i9YM5nl.png

EDIT: info added

Well, I definitely need to try a fresh install again then. My reactor looks very much like yours just with only one reactor, one generator and a couple of inline radiators for safe measure. I have the same array set to transmit and just as many radial radiators by the looks of it. I did think at one point, surely it can't be this hard. Well at least I'm learning a fair bit about fuel types etc as I go

Forgive me if this has already been asked, but this thread is worse than a subreddit at this point (can this mod get its own subforum already?)

Anyways...I have a question regarding the thrust I should be seeing from the thermal nozzle. According to the wiki, i should be seeing ~1264kN of thrust out of an basic 3.5m fusion reactor attached to a 3.5 generator. I've just reached the antimatter node of the research tree so I should have the upgraded fusion reactors, but I'm only getting 650kN of thrust out of that setup. Is the chart wrong, or am I doing something wrong? The nozzle is attached directly to the reactor, which is attached directly to the generator. It's running on liquid fuel.

Any input would be appreciated. :)

I have latest version, tried with basic and aggressive - removed my code changes etc etc..

no effect black bar at warp - since monthes..

It must have an other cause somewhere within ATM..

Does anyone know what picture files are related to the warp trail?

Those warp[int].png look kind of gray-isch transparent-isch to me..

not cyan..

I had the black warp trail when I first installed ATM. I just did as the instructions said on their front page, and deleted the Warpplugin file from the ATM folder. Fixed it up right away. I kinda miss the black trail though, now.

According to the wiki, i should be seeing ~1264kN of thrust out of an basic 3.5m fusion reactor attached to a 3.5 generator. I've just reached the antimatter node of the research tree so I should have the upgraded fusion reactors, but I'm only getting 650kN of thrust out of that setup. Is the chart wrong, or am I doing something wrong? The nozzle is attached directly to the reactor, which is attached directly to the generator. It's running on liquid fuel.

It looks to me based on the numbers like you're testing on the launchpad. Interstellar thermal rockets handle atmospheric Isp more realistically, by reducing thrust instead of the flow of fuel into the engine. The result of that is that in atmosphere, you have substantially less thrust than you do in vacuum.

Is there a way to add extra options to ISRU scoop?

Edit:

Let me be more specific.

Say I added some water in the atmosphere in Kirbin (yeah a bit weird to be able to scoop water if temp too low but).

So is there a way to scoop it for Liquid water?

Edited by Aedile

Let me be more specific.

Say I added some water in the atmosphere in Kirbin (yeah a bit weird to be able to scoop water if temp too low but).

So is there a way to scoop it for Liquid water?

And in general, what figures out what turns to what - eg oxigen becomes oxidizer, how I configure these?

Edited by Aedile

I'm pretty sure that's handled by WarpPluginSettings.cfg . You could change the settings there, but I don't think you can get away with adding anything. Seems they are referencing values that are probably being used in the dll itself.

As long as you add water to the atmosphere via /OpenResourceSystem/PlanetResourceData/atmosphericresourcedefinitions.cfg it should work. I think.

I think you should be able to just stick it in any .cfg

As for making a atmospheric water resource, something like

ATMOSPHERIC_RESOURCE_DEFINITION
{
name = KerbinWater
guiName = Water Vapor
celestialBodyName = Kerbin
abundance = 0.01
resourceName = LqdWater
}

Should do the trick

The way ORS/KSPi generally do things appears to be to have the generic resource def without a resourceName in ORS, then add that with a MM @ line in KSPi.

as for how it works...

name is what's used to refer to the atmospheric/oceanic/... resource within KSPi or with a MM line

guiName is what it's displayed as by the scanner

celestialBodyName is obvious

abundance is *I think* a fraction of ... something (intakeatm by volume? by mass? who knows?)

resourceName is the name of the actual the-kind-you-store-in-tanks resource it turns into

I had the black warp trail when I first installed ATM. I just did as the instructions said on their front page, and deleted the Warpplugin file from the ATM folder. Fixed it up right away. I kinda miss the black trail though, now.

intresting, let me check that page:

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/59005-0-23-5-Release-3-1-Active-Texture-Management-Save-RAM-without-reduction-packs!?highlight=active+texture

What instructions? - can you quote, I seem to be inept..

What file did you delete?

However - thanks for the advise - will try tomorrow...

Btw: I promise, if I manage to get together a confimed way to fix this, as a How-To-Guide, I will learn wiki-code and add it there.. :-)

Ok, seems to be just concentration, so 0.01 is 1%. So yeah, need to bump something down, or get more than 100%. Doesn't break anything though. Still having a bit issue with the scoop though, but might be MM issue.

This got me thinking, is there a way to add these to ISRU process, or modify an existent process to use resource from a tank? Like CO2 for example?

Having a bit of trouble with thermal turbojets and reentry. I have precoolers with ram air intakes attached, and no radial intakes. there are a total of 8 intakes, each with their own precooler, attached under the wings. nevertheless, if I throttle up my engines even the slightest during reentry, the thermal turbojet instantly overheats and explodes. It would really help if there were at least some form of documentation for this, but aside from a brief mention of the precoolers on the first page, there really isn't anything to tell me how all of this works together. Is there a particular speed i need to get below first? because I really wasn't much faster than when I was leaving the atmosphere, so...

Could one of you Warp Drive gurus write up the Advanced Navigation guide so that the rest of us can learn to effectively navigate without needing much in the way of sublight engine burns?

intresting, let me check that page:

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/59005-0-23-5-Release-3-1-Active-Texture-Management-Save-RAM-without-reduction-packs!?highlight=active+texture

What instructions? - can you quote, I seem to be inept..

What file did you delete?

However - thanks for the advise - will try tomorrow...

Btw: I promise, if I manage to get together a confimed way to fix this, as a How-To-Guide, I will learn wiki-code and add it there.. :-)

Sorry, upon viewing the ATM page again, I see they no longer have that instruction. All I had to do was load KSP with the ATM and Warpplugin. After the initial load, I went into the Gamedata folder and deleted the WarpPlugin file from the ATM folder. Presto. I don't know if this will still be effective, as they have removed it, but it worked perfectly for me. Doing this also removed the lag when trying to deactivate the drive, making my jumps much more accurate.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/59005-0-23-Release-3-0-Active-Texture-Management-Save-RAM-without-reduction-packs!

I would also recommend Action Groups Extended, it will allow you to use your action groups from the map page. Very good for FTL.

Ok, seems to be just concentration, so 0.01 is 1%. So yeah, need to bump something down, or get more than 100%. Doesn't break anything though. Still having a bit issue with the scoop though, but might be MM issue.

This got me thinking, is there a way to add these to ISRU process, or modify an existent process to use resource from a tank? Like CO2 for example?

"New and improved atmosphere, now with 134% extractable resources.":D

As for ISRU... I suspect for land/ocean resource extraction you could add FNModuleResourceExtraction for new resources to the ISRU via MM (or create your own "miner" part that has a bunch of FNModuleResourceExtraction).

ISRU Processing... nope. That's hard-coded.

Though makes me wonder how hard it'd be to generalize the concept and turn all the copypasta in FNRefinery into a part file configured generic "x of A + y of B + z MJ (which is really just a special case of the more general C, D, E, ...) -> some of this + some of that + ..." FNResourceProcessor module.

I quicksaved while at A-Warp 2.0, then slammed into a planet while answering my phone. When I reloaded that quicksave, my orbital velocity remained fixed at the ludicrous speed that it reports when at A-warp speed, even after dropping out of warp. I ended up ediiting my save file to fix this, but I assume that some general fix could be worked out. I am posting here, rather than as a github error, in case it is already being worked on/not going to be worked on/something I missed (beyond "don't save while Awarping")

Having a bit of trouble with thermal turbojets and reentry. I have precoolers with ram air intakes attached, and no radial intakes. there are a total of 8 intakes, each with their own precooler, attached under the wings. nevertheless, if I throttle up my engines even the slightest during reentry, the thermal turbojet instantly overheats and explodes. It would really help if there were at least some form of documentation for this, but aside from a brief mention of the precoolers on the first page, there really isn't anything to tell me how all of this works together. Is there a particular speed i need to get below first? because I really wasn't much faster than when I was leaving the atmosphere, so...

The precooler code should produce zero added heating if all of your intakes are precooled. I do see one potential gotcha, though. Are your intakes open or closed when you apply throttle?