[0.25]KSP Interstellar (Magnetic Nozzles, ISRU Revamp) Version 0.13

Fractal_UK

Anyone have an alternate Tech Tree that can be used with WaveFunctionP's rebuild of this mod? I find the Intersteallar Tech tree gives way too much stuff too early and easily. As it is I've had to modify the Science Definitions in the game to give me about 30% of the stock value for each experiment just to make the game semi-difficult. I'd love to have a tech tree with this mod that has a greater degree of difficulty. Any suggestions?

Anyone else having issues with 24.2 x64? On a clean KSP install and a clean install of WaveFunction's build as the only mod it still crashes pretty much every time. Am I a dunce and didn't see that it doesn't support x64?

I have the crash logs, the last line on all of them before it says crash!!! is

AddonLoader: Instantiating addon 'PluginHelper' from assembly 'KSPInterstellar'

(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 49)

Crash!!!

I'm not new to ksp and modding but am new to the forums and things like uploading crash logs, whats the recommended method to provide them for people like WavFunction to look at if they would like to?

Anyone have an alternate Tech Tree that can be used with WaveFunctionP's rebuild of this mod? I find the Intersteallar Tech tree gives way too much stuff too early and easily. As it is I've had to modify the Science Definitions in the game to give me about 30% of the stock value for each experiment just to make the game semi-difficult. I'd love to have a tech tree with this mod that has a greater degree of difficulty. Any suggestions?

I find it much easier to fix the tech progression speed by multiplying up the tree value with the tech tree multiplying tool

(it in the external tools section) rather than having to change all the science defs. I find a 2:4 multiplier makes for

an interesting game. Combining tech cost ramping with mission controller extended to give a multiplier on part prices, KIDS to put a multiplier on ISP effectiveness and you can pretty easily tweak the difficulty to suite your taste without have to make a lot of edits...

Being the last message on a page is sometimes a pain, does anyone know the answer to this question Here at the end of the page I think it may have gotten slightly over looked, which is fine, I just wasnt sure if it I was bugged before and now operating correctly or if I am bugged now.

2 Factors come into play.

The number of panels IE max power you get and the mass of the probe. If you have a crap-ton of panels on a light craft you will need radiators.

I've having problems with the large fusion reactors after quickloading. If the reactor was active when quicksaved the top node of the reactor stops working correctly and parts drift apart or through each other without becoming disconnected.

Like this.

XGrIpFT.jpg

Fixed it.

Edited by Thorbane

I've having problems with the large fusion reactors after quickloading. If the reactor was active when quicksaved the top node of the reactor stops working correctly and parts drift apart or through each other without becoming disconnected.

Like this.

http://i.imgur.com/XGrIpFT.jpg

The official version does not work with the current version of the game. The only working version that I know of is the one in my signature.

The official version does not work with the current version of the game. The only working version that I know of is the one in my signature.

Hello,

I cannot load this mod of your version. I run KSP on mac downloaded from stream. I attempted to load this mod without any other mod, but still got stuck in AugmentedArcJet/part0/FNSmallerAugmentedArcjet.....

I appreciate it if you could help me out.

Thanks.

That's the one I'm using.

I'm gonna take a wild guess here. But did you delete the old openresourcestsystem and warpplugin folders before installing? If you've install another mod that uses openresourcesystem, are you using only the one included with interstellar?

Hello,

I cannot load this mod of your version. I run KSP on mac downloaded from stream. I attempted to load this mod without any other mod, but still got stuck in AugmentedArcJet/part0/FNSmallerAugmentedArcjet.....

I appreciate it if you could help me out.

Thanks.

I'm not aware of an kspi issues with part loading, are you attempting to use the 64 bit version. It sometimes craps out while loading for me too. Usually if it crashes on me while loading, I can just try reloading again and the problem will go away. I can't say more without seeing your output.log.

Is anyone else having trouble with the reactors being resourced deprived on the unofficial version??

This is usually because of a bad install (all components must be installed, not just the warpplugin folder) or an old/faulty/duplicate openresourcesystem file from another addon.

The solution is the same. Delete the old folders (warplugin and openresourcesystem) and install all the files included in the version in my sig.

Edited by WaveFunctionP

I am having a problem with the engines on my spaceplanes overheating and exploding. Has the addition of an air intake to the stock precooler "broken" it's function? Specifically, the precooler is still "active", but is the air being sucked in by the precooler itself actually being cooled?

On the same topic, this requirement for precoolers is something that has always put me off this mod. KSPI expands on stock in several cool ways, but I dislike it when mods mess with the stock mechanics themselves. Is there an easy way to disable this without ruining the rest of this mod?

Well, thanks WaveFunctionP for the experimental version, but i dont get it to run at the moment. I guess i use to mutch different mods to let it run propably. 2 versions ago it still worked fine with all the mods and the original KSP Interstellar, but i can´t get your experimental build to run with my mod pack, it always crashes the game and on rare occasions it just freeze in the loading screen. Tryed it allready with stripped down, only KAS + Kerbonite + OpenResource and KSP Interstellr, still crashes. Anyway thanks for the effort you put in to keep the mod going.

Since 0.24.2 update i'm having problems with Interstellar. The two major problems I found (I didn't try it much since the update) were.

- reactors don't produce anything... no heat, no particles, no nothing

- when I'm creating a craft (either rocket or spaceplane) the Thermal Turbojet shows up as if it was running (with the flame) and has two flames: one in the right direction and one pointing down.

I've downloaded WaveFunctionP's temporary "fix", but it's not working... maybe i'm using it incorrectly?

Help...?

Plus, is there any plan for a real fix?

Edited by PCanas

I am having a problem with the engines on my spaceplanes overheating and exploding. Has the addition of an air intake to the stock precooler "broken" it's function? Specifically, the precooler is still "active", but is the air being sucked in by the precooler itself actually being cooled?

On the same topic, this requirement for precoolers is something that has always put me off this mod. KSPI expands on stock in several cool ways, but I dislike it when mods mess with the stock mechanics themselves. Is there an easy way to disable this without ruining the rest of this mod?

U need deactivate precoler intake becouse its not coleeed( or ad another precooler to it)but yes precooler dont cool itself ( but add some extra intaket air to start witch is nice with interstellar becouse its more power fo engine)

Hey Guys! I'm new to ksp Interstellar and i'm having a problem with the accelerometer. It does not seems to override the stock ones. How can I verify if it is correct?

yes its correct u need to edit config file to use both funkcjons and once or at least remowe it from interstellar to have old one

Since 0.24.2 update i'm having problems with Interstellar. The two major problems I found (I didn't try it much since the update) were.

- reactors don't produce anything... no heat, no particles, no nothing

- when I'm creating a craft (either rocket or spaceplane) the Thermal Turbojet shows up as if it was running (with the flame) and has two flames: one in the right direction and one pointing down.

I've downloaded WaveFunctionP's temporary "fix", but it's not working... maybe i'm using it incorrectly?

Help...?

Plus, is there any plan for a real fix?

try remowe EVERYTHINK( from game data folders i mean treeloader openresouser system and warp plugin) from interstellar and add fresh ones should help

Edited by sober667

yes its correct u need to edit config file to use both funkcjons and once or at least remowe it from interstellar to have old one

Yep, but How?

I did manage to use the Interstellar accel by editing part.cfg (inside Squad folder) adding the Module but I know for sure that is not how it is suppose to work.

I also would love to add the possibility to extract the created science by EVA. Can you guys give a hint how to do it?

You made one slightly flawed assumption - that water was present everywhere on Minmus. It isn't.

If you want the cheat sheet, you can take a look at GameData\WarpPlugin\PlanetResourceData\minmus_water.png and the other pngs in that folder - they're the distribution maps for where you can find given resources, and their relative densities.

I currently have an ISRU on minmus and it is happily extracting water, and turning it into fuel for me, so the mechanics do work, it's just a matter of placement :)

Is there a way of scanning for water? Like with the ScanSat mod maybe?

Is there a way of scanning for water? Like with the ScanSat mod maybe?

Modular Kolonization System + Kethane let's you scan for water, but I don't know if the resource it finds is compatible with Interstellar. (I think it should be in theory, but I haven't confirmed personally)