Icarus 2

This is really amazing. I wish my comp could handle 2000+ parts because that's one of my favorite Sci-Fi movies. I hate to ask this because it would mean the death of a LOT of hard work, but... did you crash it into Kerbol? Anywho well done good sir, well done indeed.

Damn! How did you get the middle bits to spin like that?

The mast sits on a frame that is balanced in the center with rover wheels to keep it in place.

uOKkSpR.jpg

The rover wheels hold onto and rotate around a ring made of small cubic octagonal struts. The inner one might be unnecessary, but I put it there just in case. Thrust is applied from the small engines to start rotation after it is decoupled.

kgGkXtT.jpg

Edited by Napster

But wouldn't they break apart during warp?

Also, what is the Delta-V of that monster?

They break apart during warp if they are decoupled/undocked. This ship is mostly for looks but does actually fly, you would just load a quick save you had before decoupling to take it somewhere.

I don't know the Delta-V, I don't have any mods installed besides a hullcam mod for different camera angles sorry.

This is really amazing. I wish my comp could handle 2000+ parts because that's one of my favorite Sci-Fi movies. I hate to ask this because it would mean the death of a LOT of hard work, but... did you crash it into Kerbol? Anywho well done good sir, well done indeed.

You do know there is such a thing as quick save, right? (and save file back up too)

• 3 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.