Blast from the Modding Past

MinerEdgar

Yes... I fondly remeber my first attempts with C7... back when the roleplay was around. I was obsessed with a vertical takeoff interceptor for a base defence fighter, but this was all i got.

RX_4l_p1.png

The RX-4(L), for landing configuration, sported a tricycle pattern landing pad system that allowed it to execute a newly disovered maneuver for airplanes, landing. However, since the C7 engines at the time had about the same ISP as rocket engines, and so was incredibly short ranged. Still flew though, but had a tendency to enter completely unrecoverable stalls in hard maneuvers of any kind.

Also had 2 Jellycubes railguns that couldn't aim for the love of boosters due to the flailing flight pattern the RX takes up once off SAS

We're glad you polished the aerodynamics for the vanilla planes, Chad.

P.S. However did you convince Bill, Jeb, and Bob to sit in a one seat cockpit altogether in the earlier days?

Edited by Dynamo

Oh yes, I remember!

Launching "airplanes" vertically was fun and felt deliciously hacky.

I really enjoyed designing these mutant half planes-half rockets because they gave KSP some kind of "Man in space" retro feeling to the game.

At this time, I was switching from Orbiter and this was just the kind of refreshing experiences that I was looking for in KSP...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.