Your Blender/Maya/3dMax/etc fan art section (Animation,Pics,etc)

Supergamervictor

New music thing:

Needs some work but I'm happy with the results.

Niiice! Is there an automation trick to doing that, or do you literally have to go through and manually match the motion to that point of the music?

Oooo that's a good track too! Boards of Canada, ne?

Niiice! Is there an automation trick to doing that, or do you literally have to go through and manually match the motion to that point of the music?

Oooo that's a good track too! Boards of Canada, ne?

Yep. BoC is my life. :)

As for the syncing, I copied this guy: http://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?315052-Blender-Visualization-Project-!!!-(Using-Blender-2-68)

Here's a link to the tutorial: http://barneyisbo.blogspot.se/

And, I haven't experimented with unbaking the F-curves into frames yet, but it seems useful for controlling the animations:

http://blendersushi.blogspot.se/2012/04/vfx-sound-driven-motion-bake-and-unbake.html

Stop posting your renders in Rareden's thread!

This place isn't active enough. :<

Here's a test render for my next little music thing. It was supposed to render last night but blender crashed. Some of it is rendered in the Open GL renderer, that's why there's no fancy reflections or color changes in some of it.

The part with no spheres hasn't been rendered because blender crashed. The gap is there because I'm lazy and a kickass dubstep song shouldn't be split up.

Stop posting your renders in Rareden's thread!

This place isn't active enough. :<

Here's a test render for my next little music thing. It was supposed to render last night but blender crashed. Some of it is rendered in the Open GL renderer, that's why there's no fancy reflections or color changes in some of it.

The part with no spheres hasn't been rendered because blender crashed. The gap is there because I'm lazy and a kickass dubstep song shouldn't be split up.

<vid sniper>

Well, the renders get posted here first....

If we need to be more active.... I could help.

Here's some Human-type architecture, but with the kerbal wall panel design.

CTjRbl4.png

Well, the renders get posted here first....

If we need to be more active.... I could help.

Here's some Human-type architecture, but with the kerbal wall panel design.

Heh, I've actually been working on something similar, though since I don't have l33t skills in 3DS/Maya/Blender yet, I'm doing it in Sketchup, which is panning out just fine, thank you very much! Kinda helps that Sketchup was designed for architectural stuff in the first place, for sure! :D

I made this a while back in Sketchup.

I'm pretty sure the window can and should be bigger.

I just downloaded the models off the internet.

Very cool!

You can increase the Field of View to get a wider angle with Camera > Field of View

Also, you can do some pretty interesting visuals with your renders by using a third-party renderer. One of my current favorites is Indigo, which gave me some really cool options with little effort. It allowed me to take this:

izURMwg.png

...and turn it into this!

qJ5G18T.jpg

So, I've been working hard on some things (no, they aren't cans or balls)

Here's one of the Characters.

w5a5lb5.png

Also, Guess the Vert count.

EDIT: By the way, this is in an empty layer, with environmental lighting and AO turned up to max, so the lighting here looks like crap

Edited by rewdew2

So, I've been working hard on some things (no, they aren't cans or balls)

Here's one of the Characters.

w5a5lb5.png

Also, Guess the Vert count.

EDIT: By the way, this is in an empty layer, with environmental lighting and AO turned up to max, so the lighting here looks like crap

Needs textures

Needs textures

Well, for the pants i can see that i would need them.

But for the Coat thing, that's metal. so it's reflective (you can't tell because it's an empty scene)

And sorry, but i can't get on my computer that has those files, so it's going to stay like that for the next... 12 hours.

More procedural fun.

erth.gif

That looks pretty Freaking awesome!

Even the motion blur was good!

Also, here's something I've been working on while trying to go to sleep at night.

wQzSzIw.png

Well, this would normally be the end of my post, but i have something i'd like to say.

Sometimes, i'd browse through this thread, and silently admire people's work, which is one of the reasons this thread only has 230 some posts.

So this portion of this posted will be dedicated to the posts that didn't get any response.

Deadweasel:

That's a pretty nice looking Mini Spaceplane thingy. You should make an animation of it in flight.

blubbermonkeys:

That's a pretty good scene! So, is it in some kind of dollhouse?

Nutt007:

Nice sound to animation. Is it manual, or are you using a script to do that?

and last, but not least.

tygoo7:

that's a pretty neat looking pig, What are you planning to use it for?

These are just some, of the many posts to this thread that have gone ignored (or silently admired)

So please, take a moment, and look at some of the artwork (and maybe give them some Rep for it, if it's really good)

I can't take full credit, as I used parts from downloaded models, and mashed them together- crudely at parts, though this was my first go at texturing something.

For a long time, I've been thinking about hypothetical physiology for mermaids. Long story short, one issue is the transition area where the humanish side meets the fish-like side. Often the link seems odd, the body doesn't fit together in a natural way, it's an obvious joint.

FDHYz6L.png

This design was influenced by the shape of seahorses, the only other sea creature that spends a lot of time upright, and looks good like that.

rcyJrmR.png

Haven't worked out how to get the lines to go away yet, and have yet to attempt giving her some clothes, but it's fine as inspiration to my bioengineering and surgical team as a reference when doing drawings.

7Nwn9kA.png

Edited by Tw1

Me suck at textures. I can't seem to get them right, or make them. The Blender UV unwrap hates me.

Is this thread for KSP things only?

EDIT: because if it isn't... I have plenty of Blender things to post.

Edited by Starwhip

I can't take full credit, as I used parts from downloaded models, and mashed them together- crudely at parts, though this was my first go at texturing something.

For a long time, I've been thinking about hypothetical physiology for mermaids. Long story short, one issue is the transition area where the humanish side meets the fish-like side. Often the link seems odd, the body doesn't fit together in a natural way, it's an obvious joint.

<snip>

That's looking pretty darn good!

how's the railway mod coming along BTW?

Me suck at textures. I can't seem to get them right, or make them. The Blender UV unwrap hates me.

Is this thread for KSP things only?

EDIT: because if it isn't... I have plenty of Blender things to post.

You can post ANYTHING that's made in 3D, even if it's a cube, or a box, or a rectangular prism with equal edge lenses.

That's looking pretty darn good!

how's the railway mod coming along BTW?

Haven't been doing much on it lately, but I did manage to overcome an exploding in the track problem. As kerbtown doesn't look like updating any time soon, I've been thinking of other ways to link track together, using bits of code from from KAS and P-wings, though I have yet to talk to the guy who made P-wings. Hopefully I'll be able to get some help with that, as I have no experience in doing that kind of thing.

I'm also planing on remodeling the train bogie, as the current model is not that well made. But probably won't get back into it until some time in the new year.

First time I have made an IK rig but not first time rigging. I think it turned out pretty good but still needs some tweaks.

xsGZMRF.png

Wow, the pig is look better than before.

Also, judging by the specular on the wood, i'm going to guess it's polished.

If you want to add another bit of realism to the scene, give the wood some reflection.

about a factor of 0.25-0.1 and a gloss factor of about 0.9

That should work pretty well for a start

Wow, the pig is look better than before.

Also, judging by the specular on the wood, i'm going to guess it's polished.

If you want to add another bit of realism to the scene, give the wood some reflection.

about a factor of 0.25-0.1 and a gloss factor of about 0.9

That should work pretty well for a start

In Soviet Russia, pig is always look better. Always.

(sorry, couldn't resist)

So, here's a scene i'm working on.

Kerbal subway station? maybe?

If the train is powered by massive boosters, and Jeb can be seen at one end of the tunnel trying to make off with a section of the track, then yes. Yes it's a kerbal subway station. XD

If the train is powered by massive boosters, and Jeb can be seen at one end of the tunnel trying to make off with a section of the track, then yes. Yes it's a kerbal subway station. XD

Unfortunately, with 5 minutes per frame with just this alone, it looks like i wouldn't be able to use this in an animation...

I love the depth of field you have on that subway type scene above! Very well done. Not sure how you did it but those lights look spot on like florescent lights... sucking the subway riders will to live as they trudge on to work.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.