Dune Bike - Dune Chaser

4WMTlAV.png

Greetings fellow Kerbonauts!

Have you ever wanted a fast bike to ride across the vast lands of Duna? Well the Dune Chaser may be the thing for you! It is capable of a max speed of 40m/s without breaking (on Duna), due to the new shock absorbers provided by our trusty radial decouplers! (Warranty void if decoupled).

Now built in with a six cylinder engine and a radial ant engine for maximum power!!!

The Dune Chaser also has advanced reaction wheels that enables the bike to keep steady at high speed, and also provides a means to flip the bike back on it's wheels should it accidentally flip over.

screenshot73.png

screenshot74.png

screenshot72.png

A Youtube video of my latest Dune Chaser mission showcasing the new suspension system:

Download Dune Chaser .Craft

Hotkeys:

1) Toggle lander engines

2) Toggle rear brakes on Dune Chaser. (prevents forward flips)

(Warning: Only travel in a straight line at high speeds, and engage SAS system)

If you enjoyed the Dune Bike, please check out my other works like the Robotic Rock Sampler and the Amphibious VTOLSSTO

Edited by Levelord

I love that bike design, you've inspired me to create a quick and nimble rover now too, though possibly a different design.

Actually, I thought that your lander idea was most ingenious.. Very well done..

Wow, I'm really surprised by the response to the bike! I'm also more surprised by the interest in the lander and return vehicle (I just slapped together parts to balance the CoM) :P

Please, feel free to share your adventures :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.