[Closed] Amphibious Gear and the Drone

Tosh

• 3 weeks later...

I\'m getting an 'Unexpected end of archive' error when opening hstw gear. What trickery is this?

Obviously download\'s f---ed up. It sometimes happens with this forum engine.

Try to download the file tomorrow :(

• 2 weeks later...

I like to use the drone\'s wings, because of the horizontal shape.

I would like to add C7 mini winglets to the drone, however the drone part does not allow me to place anything on the wings and vice versa. Is there a simple .cfg edit that can allow me to stack parts on it or vice versa.

I would like someone to post a description on how to do this. Tyvm

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Why can\'t I download the pack? It keeps saying and error has occurred, and yes, I am logged in.
Yes, all the files attached were corrupted when forum was moved to other server. Sorry for inconvenience.

I\'ve reuploaded all the files; try to download again.

• 5 weeks later...

erm, how do i use the drone? when i attach it im on the launch pad and when i press space insted of turning on main engines, it turns on the drone.

how do i make it so that i turn on main engines first, then the drone engines.

Not only \'sea\' . This

index.php?action=dlattach;topic=4873.0;attach=8422;image

allows for rather rough landings (and performs much better than C7 gear does).

And bare skids

index.php?action=dlattach;topic=4873.0;attach=8424;image

are working too.

Not saying that this

index.php?action=dlattach;topic=4873.0;attach=8420;image

is still possible.

And even this

index.php?action=dlattach;topic=4873.0;attach=8426;image

(though it may be really difficult to takeoff).

Well; time to draw some textures.

And this is how it all ends:

index.php?action=dlattach;topic=4873.0;attach=8428;image

why do the pics only show a x?

erm, how do i use the drone? when i attach it im on the launch pad and when i press space insted of turning on main engines, it turns on the drone.

how do i make it so that i turn on main engines first, then the drone engines.

Go to VAB, select drone engine icon in the staging list (icons on the right) and drag it to some upper stage. Then select main craft engines\' icons and drag them to the lowest stage.

You can create additional stages with '+' buttons in the staging list.

why do the pics only show a x?
\'Cause the forum recently migrated to other servers -- and most of topic attachments gone screwed up. As for those old pics -- I don\'t feel like uploading them again ;)

Any plans to upgrade this stuff? I mean, more drones would be fun... like a drone on wheels!
Currently, no, I\'m quite busy with next Cart update.

And as for 'drone on wheels' -- I wonder will some other modder finally make a homing missile... or its me who\'ll have to do it ;P

Currently, no, I\'m quite busy with next Cart update.

And as for 'drone on wheels' -- I wonder will some other modder finally make a homing missile... or its me who\'ll have to do it ;P

a update for cart? get that done first! as for the homing missile thing.... I think that\'ll have to be you!

f*ck >:(

no more modders there? ;P

well, there IS a rendezvous computer that I could see the coding being used for making your ship into a missile to slam into another ship, and with some modifications, make it so that you could select a target and detach a missile to have it zip off to its merry death, but aside from that, ID see anyone else who\'s even mentioned seeking weapons....

• 3 weeks later...

you need to make a propeller engine that has negative thrust and is pointed upwards.

just use damned aerospace and damned robotics together, aerospace gives propeller engines, ksp now has rotating parts and robotics give hinges and rotatrons so you can rotate your engines mid-flight

• 2 weeks later...

Am I missing something obvious, or do the pontoons not want to stick to the landing gear skids?

I occasionally get them on the right way, more often they stick at an odd angle, and most of the time the pontoon will infuriatingly stay red as I sweep the cursor up and down the skid, hitting the C and X keys to see if that will help, which it doesn\'t.

Please put me out of my misery!

Am I missing something obvious, or do the pontoons not want to stick to the landing gear skids?
You\'re missing 'v0.15 Compatibility Note' in the opening post.

Yeah, pontoons are really difficult to attach in the spacePlane Hangar. No fix is available at this moment :(.

You\'re missing 'v0.15 Compatibility Note' in the opening post.

Yeah, pontoons are really difficult to attach in the spacePlane Hangar. No fix is available at this moment :(.

Ah, thanks Tosh. RTFM blindness strikes again. VAB, here I come. Hope copying ships fron the SPH folder works...I want want me some pontoons on a chopper...