Misc questions about PartTools.20 and Parachute modding.

Deusoverkill

Hello folks, as the tittle says, i`ve got some technical questions about modding, mostly related to part tools.

1) Does PartTools support MultiMaterialIds?, one single mesh textured with several materials into unity? (MultiSubObject Material in max)

2) Does PartTools support Bones and skining for meshes?

3) If a single part is built out of many individual meshes, can this meshes have individual textures (for details sake)?

or is still like the old days (one texture per part. all meshes in one single texture)?

4) How do parachutes work nowdays? they have two animations in this example http://i.imgur.com/h4T5MBC.png ,

are they related only to the canopy scaling (Packed>Semideployed, SemiDeployed>FullyDeployed)? or is there something else involved?

5) tutorials about parachutes around? (cant seem to find any aside from the example image)

Thanks in advance for your replays.

Cheers! =)

Edited by Deusoverkill

• 1 month later...

I can answer two, though I've never actually used PartTools.

2. I know Procedural Wings uses bones for scaling of the wings, so I know there's _some_ bone support

1 and 3. Yes, single models may have multiple textures. I've seen in mu files references to multiple diffuse textures, IIRC. And even if PartTools won't let you export them, you can do it with MODEL nodes in the CFG--parts can now have multiple _models_.

NathanKell

I can answer two, though I've never actually used PartTools.

2. I know Procedural Wings uses bones for scaling of the wings, so I know there's _some_ bone support

1 and 3. Yes, single models may have multiple textures. I've seen in mu files references to multiple diffuse textures, IIRC. And even if PartTools won't let you export them, you can do it with MODEL nodes in the CFG--parts can now have multiple _models_.

sumghai

A caveat regarding multiple textures per part - each submesh can have only one texture shader.

NathanKell, Sumghai; Thanks for the info, Really Helpful!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.