[1.05] Fusebox - electric charge tracker and build helper. 1.52 released 24th Jan 16

Ratzap

Ok, go to your <KSP>\GameData then continue down into Fusebox\Plugins\PluginData\Fusebox

There you will find a file called config.xml, open it in an editor of your choice and find the 2 blocks controlling colours

<double name="goodColr1">0</double>

<double name="goodColb1">0</double>

<double name="goodColg1">1</double>

<double name="badColr1">1</double>

<double name="badColb1">0</double>

<double name="badColg1">0</double>

<double name="otherColr1">1</double>

<double name="otherColb1">1</double>

<double name="otherColg1">1</double>

<double name="goodColr0">0</double>

<double name="goodColb0">0</double>

<double name="goodColg0">1</double>

<double name="badColr0">1</double>

<double name="badColb0">0</double>

<double name="badColg0">0</double>

<double name="otherColr0">1</double>

<double name="otherColb0">1</double>

<double name="otherColg0">1</double>

To change the red to yellow you need to change the RGB values for badCol in both blocks. According to the Unity docs at http://docs.unity3d.com/Documentation/ScriptReference/Color.html this means you need

yellow Yellow. RGBA is (1, 0.92, 0.016, 1), but the color is nice to look at!

so

<double name="badColr1">1</double>

<double name="badColb1">0.92</double>

<double name="badColg1">0.016</double>

the last number is alpha channel - it gets ignored. Then change the same things for the badCol0 RGB, save the file and start KSP.

I'll release an update in a couple of minutes that has a couple of bugfixes and adds some mods back in.

SCANsat v6 in the VAB will work but there is still no way to tell if a part is active or not, I've posted again in their thread for such a method.

Remote tech 2 - the community support DLL seems to work so this is back in.

Aviation lights was fixed and re-released for 0.23.5 - it's back in.

I checked VOID again but it has no parts to query and no methods to find out if power draw is switched on and if so how much. So nothing doing there.

I left the internal version at 0.95 so it won't break saved configs.

Sweet, sounds good. Any news on Antennae Range compatibility? :)

Just a minor niggle - when I have Antennae Range installed, Fusebox no longer detects stock antennas. I presume this is due to the fact it changes ModuleDataTransmitter to ModuleLimitedDataTransmitter so it'd be nice if you could make it Fusebox checks for that as well. Love the new look of the GUI by the way, it's a lot easier on the eyes.

Poor old 0.97 didn't last long huh. 0.98 is up, new Telemachus version, SCANsat updated with in flight support (the author had it changed in 3 hours - superb stuff) and AntennaRange added.

I am looking for a way to list all parts currently (in-flight) consuming electric charge and I have been given a hint to have a look at Fusebox.

I can use Fusebox now to at least switch whole categories of parts on and off to check whether the power-guzzling devices reside there, which is for sure a great progress compared with checking each part manually. If, however, you might sometime be looking for new features to implement, such a list of active electricity-using parts including their current level of power-usage might be useful for others as well..

Just a thought .... :)

I can use Fusebox now to at least switch whole categories of parts on and off to check whether the power-guzzling devices reside there, which is for sure a great progress compared with checking each part manually. If, however, you might sometime be looking for new features to implement, such a list of active electricity-using parts including their current level of power-usage might be useful for others as well..

It was suggested quite a while back but the problem remains the same - the GUI is not really good at large sorted lists. Getting it to work in a useful manner would be a hell of a lot of work. Maybe v2 or something.

Hmm.. it seems my Warp Halt Toggle doesn't work any more... :/

I'll check that tomorrow, kip time here.

Tested it just now, warp helper is working fine. Make sure it's toggled on, if you scene change after getting the warning it might save it to the config file as off (no way to guard against that).

Edited by Ratzap

• 2 weeks later...

I'm changing the charge rates of my solar panels and generators. I just wanted to check if fusebox reads these rates from the database by the part name after modulemanager updates them or if it's static.

I'm changing the charge rates of my solar panels and generators. I just wanted to check if fusebox reads these rates from the database by the part name after modulemanager updates them or if it's static.

It reads the amounts directly from the in memory part. So any changes you make will show up fine.

Is there something i could modify with a MM config to enable NearFuture power generators within Fusebox? Or is it some type of DLL problem that prevents fusebox compatibility?

It's a DLL. NF was supported but it was way out of date for months and I removed it. Now that it's been updated I'll add it in again soon.

Any chance that we'll be able see if we're stable with an ion engine running at a percentage or even have it off? (Which would/could fall under percentage/throttle)

Off would be by filtering engines out. A throttle slider could be doable but I'll check Unity3d supplies a widget for it - CBA creating my own slider.

On the Near Future front, I got that back in while the forums were down. I'll put it out soon.

It turns out that adding a slider is quite easy. It's at the bottom of the filters window and only appears when in the VAB (of course) - works for Ion and NF electric stuff. However, usage may not be completely correct depending on what Isp the engine reports in the VAB - not much I can do about that though.

Testing this version tonight and if all is well I'll release tomorrow.

It does not include the drain rate for when you have the display toggled on for 4 of the stock science instruments. (gravity detector, thermometer, accelerometer, and barometer) It appears that each of them drain 0.0075 electric charge per second.

Also would it be difficult for you to separate the lights and antenna?

It does not include the drain rate for when you have the display toggled on for 4 of the stock science instruments. (gravity detector, thermometer, accelerometer, and barometer) It appears that each of them drain 0.0075 electric charge per second.

Also would it be difficult for you to separate the lights and antenna?

Those instruments do not have any defined resource usage or any way to work out if they are on or not - same as the science lab in that respect. So no, can't fix that. I might reorganise the filter list at some point.

• 3 weeks later...
Is there any way to prevent the toolbar icon from flashing red when energy output doesn't match energy usage? It's slightly distracting when building things or reentering a command pod. :)

It only does that when the main window is closed as it represents 'concise mode' but I could add a radio button in settings to disable it.

Is it possible to get some kind of .cfg to make the dark times apply to RSS?

Possible yes, practical not really given the size of target audience and the sheer amount of my time it would eat up. Now if I could find a write up of how to query such information from the running KSP program that would be much better but so far I've not found any methods which would supply things like rotation period or mass etc for a body. Maybe the RSS people know about them, I'll try and remember to ask Nathan.

It only does that when the main window is closed as it represents 'concise mode' but I could add a radio button in settings to disable it.

That would be awesome! Simply having the color indicate state (w/out flashing) would be sufficient.

• 3 weeks later...
That would be awesome! Simply having the color indicate state (w/out flashing) would be sufficient.

I finally got around to this. If 0.24 isn't out by the weekend I'll bundle up a release.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.